EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Diablo 2 Question! ^.^
Archer-Penguin
Pancake
posted 11-07-2003 12:15:43 AM
I heard that there are sets that change the appearance (not just armor wise) of your character?

Is that true?

[center]
Ta-Daa![/center]
Maradon!
posted 11-07-2003 12:16:39 AM
Yes?
Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 11-07-2003 12:19:31 AM
I know Trang-oul's set will turn a Necromancer into a vampire. Including those irritating fire spells the bastards cast all the time.
The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
MorbId
Pancake
posted 11-07-2003 12:21:26 AM
quote:
Archer-Penguin Model 2000 was programmed to say:
I heard that there are sets that change the appearance (not just armor wise) of your character?

Is that true?

I remember hearing that the Trang'Oul set now makes a necromancer look like a vampire. The other classes got some kind of changes for specific sets, but they were less drastic.

Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 11-07-2003 12:22:28 AM
Hah! Too slow!
The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
MorbId
Pancake
posted 11-07-2003 12:23:29 AM
Indeed. But I've learned my lesson.

I won't try to eat a sandwich and post at the same time again.

[ 11-07-2003: Message edited by: MorbId ]

Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 11-07-2003 12:24:48 AM
Complete Trang-Ouls grants you the look of a Vampire (Floating guys with staves). Also gives you lvl 18 fireball and firewall

Barbarians get a unique helm that gives them werewolf

Complete Natalyas Set gives Assassin perma-fade. No effect, just complete transparent look

Every other class set, when completed, gives you a golden glowing aura

KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 11-07-2003 12:31:19 AM
hay guys, I heard the Trang-Ouls set will turn a necromancer into a vampire!
Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Abbikat
Tastes best with pudding
posted 11-07-2003 12:37:57 AM
Isnt there one that turns the Necro into a Vampire type...

Oh yeah!!

Trang-Ouls!!

=^.^=

Were-Tigress Disciple of Lycanthropy
Perma-lowbie, addicted to MMORPGs
My LiveJournal

Nwist, Who?
Nwist
posted 11-07-2003 12:49:16 AM
Not again...
Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 11-07-2003 01:08:14 AM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Warlord Darius wrote:
Not again...

What, did you forget the set that makes a Necromancer look like a vampire? I think it's Tranq-Oul's.

Maradon!
posted 11-07-2003 01:10:53 AM
Flannery O’Connor’s “Revelation” struck me as a story about how a single, seemingly insignificant observation can change one’s entire perspective. The story starts by going into meticulous detail in portraying the life of the main character, Ruby Turnpin. The story is written from a first person perspective, and the first few pages are all seemingly meaningless banality: Mrs. Turnpin making petty observations about fellow waiting room occupants, the current status of the ash-trays, and people’s shoes. Reading through in a normal manner, you don’t even notice that Mrs. Turnpin makes a habit of judging everyone and everything she sees and placing much of it below herself, imagining that the waiting room is deliberately shoddy, that if she were in charge the ash trays would be clean, and reflecting on how she always had good skin. Without even realizing it you’re shown that Ruby Turnpin is a very self-serving and judgmental person, but O’Connor portrays it in such a way that it seems rational. What I see as part of the genius of the story’s construction is that it’s introduction feels boring as you read it for the first time. The suspense of the coming revelation alluded to in the title is present, but you don’t realize it was there until after the fact. The “Ugly Girl” started with an innocuous sour look. Ms .Turnpin’s outward reaction is to smile, but the first person perspective exposes her judgment of the girl on even this minor point; the conclusion that the sour look was from the girl being “annoyed that anyone should speak while she tried to read.” (418.19) In the space between this and the next interaction with the girl, Mrs. Turnpin’s flaws are elaborated on through her conversation with other waiting room occupants and her internal musings. Her examination of people’s shoes is implied as a way of pigeon-holing people into the class as perceived by Mrs. Turnpin. In particular she describes the shoes of the “white trashey” woman as being “what appeared to be bedroom slippers, black straw with gold braid threaded through them – exactly what you would have expected her to have on.” (418.22) The reader is all but assaulted by Mrs. Turnpin’s pretension with her hypothetical dilemma, forcing her to choose between being “a grandma or a white-trash.” (but not before emphasis on her opinion that being even a clean, respectable black woman would be distasteful enough to warrant wiggling, squirming, begging, and pleading). When the book strikes Ms. Turnpin, the first time we read the story it comes as a complete and total surprise. Up until that point the story had been misleadingly dull. Also, there is this one set for Necromancers in D2 that turns them into a vampire. Trang-Oul's I think.
Abbikat
Tastes best with pudding
posted 11-07-2003 01:41:02 AM
OMG MARADON-ESSAY!!

Were-Tigress Disciple of Lycanthropy
Perma-lowbie, addicted to MMORPGs
My LiveJournal

Canadian Mountee
Rumble Pak+FMV Sequence=FUN!
posted 11-07-2003 06:38:49 AM
OMG CAPS AND EMOTICONS TOGETHER AT LAST
The World is Yours
KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 11-07-2003 10:25:10 AM
I read that whole thing too.. the last line was rather appropriate too
Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: