EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Fuggin Customers
*Tal*
Pancake
posted 11-06-2003 05:53:58 AM
So this German couple comes don for breakfast, an hour early. (I call them German, because of thier name, Jagt', and thier accents.) I am just starting to set up breakfast, so I point out to them, that they are a bit early. The woman doesnt even look at me, and says "Thah's Ok, I dont mind."

Ok.. the bitch knows perfectly damned well that when i said they wer early, I really meant, "Get the fuck out for another hour, you dirty Krauts"

So they stay, and proceed to put Sausage gravy in the waffle iron. (That happens alot, in spite of the directions both on the waffle iron, and on the dispenser thing of waffle batter in pre-measured cups) So I get to clean this out. WHILE I do this, the german folks OPEN MY GODDAMN LOBBY DOORS, and tell other guests who are walking by, that I opened early, and to come on in. And to try and put up with the smell, as that guy in the white shirt is making a mess of the waffle iron.

I fucking hate people.

They say a smile is a gift which is free to the giver and precious to the recipient. But giving the finger is free too, and I find it more personal and sincere.
Vernaltemptress
Withered and Alone
posted 11-06-2003 06:09:28 AM
Next time say, "We don't start breakfast until xyz time. Please come back then."
Obamanomics: spend, tax, and borrow.
*Tal*
Pancake
posted 11-06-2003 06:45:41 AM
If I thought it might have made a difference, I might have.. But I've heard that particular tone of voice in many women, Black women, white women, asian women, sisters, mothers, strangers.. it all means the same thing.

"If the woman does not get what she wants, your life will be a living hell"

My father warned me about this. his particular tone of voice, is as crippling as "The Look". And while you may someday become immune to "The Look" that tone of voice can pierce the shroud of death.

They say a smile is a gift which is free to the giver and precious to the recipient. But giving the finger is free too, and I find it more personal and sincere.
Led
*kaboom*
posted 11-06-2003 07:03:43 AM
Oh boy. Not 'the look' Despite the intimidating stigma around all that crap, just tell them to get the fuck out, and come back later. They cause trouble, call the cops.
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 11-06-2003 09:09:33 AM
I thought Jagt was Russian?
Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 11-06-2003 11:18:10 AM
I would have let them in, and then not served anyone until the actual breakfast time came to pass. They bitch? Good for them, you aren't open yet.
Peter
Pancake
posted 11-06-2003 11:23:05 AM
See I am an ass at my job, if I am there before opening, Anyone waiting it tell them TS, We don't even turn the register and puters on till like 7:58 and at closeing , our doors lock promptly at 6, TS if you didn't make it here in time.
Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 11-06-2003 11:26:30 AM
quote:
Jake the Reaper impressed everyone with:
If I thought it might have made a difference, I might have.. But I've heard that particular tone of voice in many women, Black women, white women, asian women, sisters, mothers, strangers.. it all means the same thing.

"If the woman does not get what she wants, your life will be a living hell"

My father warned me about this. his particular tone of voice, is as crippling as "The Look". And while you may someday become immune to "The Look" that tone of voice can pierce the shroud of death.

A woman is just a person like the rest of us. There's no mystical power to them and there's no look that they can give that men can't. If they give you shit, toss them out, stand up for yourself and dont let them push you around.

If you had told them that you wernt open yet and that they 'had to leave' I'll bet they would have.

"Give me control of a nation's money, and I care not who makes its laws."
-Mayer Rothschild
Mr. Parcelan
posted 11-06-2003 11:30:48 AM
quote:
Reynar had this to say about Captain Planet:
A woman is just a person like the rest of us. There's no mystical power to them and there's no look that they can give that men can't. If they give you shit, toss them out, stand up for yourself and dont let them push you around.

If you had told them that you wernt open yet and that they 'had to leave' I'll bet they would have.

Now I'll have to disagree, depending on whether or not you're trying to get head from them. Then, the power is all theirs.

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 11-06-2003 11:36:54 AM
Parcelan's Nugget of Wisdom.
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 11-06-2003 12:07:35 PM
quote:
We were all impressed when Bajah wrote:
Parcelan's Nugget

For some reason reading this queered my appitite a bit while I was eating.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Maradon!
posted 11-06-2003 12:21:18 PM
Where the hell do you work that you actually give customers access to a waffle iron, and don't lock the doors before open?
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 11-06-2003 12:22:32 PM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
Where the hell do you work that you actually give customers access to a waffle iron, and don't lock the doors before open?

And why haven't they been shut down by people who sued them for burning themselves on the irons?

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 11-06-2003 12:27:39 PM
quote:
Out of a possible 10, Maradon! scored a straight 1 with:

I'm with Maradon on this one.

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 11-06-2003 12:55:00 PM
My guess a fancy hotel that has a breakfast buffet
Maradon!
posted 11-06-2003 12:57:04 PM
quote:
Trillee obviously shouldn't have said:
My guess a fancy hotel that has a breakfast buffet

But a waffle iron!?

A public waffle iron is just asking for trouble.

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 11-06-2003 03:51:38 PM
quote:
Maradon! got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
But a waffle iron!?

A public waffle iron is just asking for trouble.

Because they're *usually* supervised when fully oppened.

But seeing as how he wasn't opened and just setting up, it could be a problem when customers that stupid come in.

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 11-06-2003 03:57:38 PM
But.. they let customers make their own waffles!?

WHAT KIND OF MORON WOULD LET A CUSTOMER EVEN NEAR SOMETHING THEY COULD HURT THEMSELVES ON?

That's like saying "Please, burn your hand and SUE THE SHIT OUT OF US."

Jake, where do you work? I'm kinda poor and could use some money.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 11-06-2003 04:02:23 PM
quote:
Channeling the spirit of Sherlock Holmes, Bajah absently fondled Watson and proclaimed:

WHAT KIND OF MORON WOULD LET A CUSTOMER EVEN NEAR SOMETHING THEY COULD HURT THEMSELVES ON?

I've stayed in several hotels where they have a waffle iron and little pre-poured cups of batter.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Legonaire
Pancake
posted 11-06-2003 04:05:45 PM
The campus dining room at the University I work at has numerous public irons with the pre-measured cups for making your own waffles. Now remind you this is a college campus and no fuck-nuts have burned themselves yet, with said irons.
If animals weren't supposed to be eaten, then why are they made out of meat ??
Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 11-06-2003 04:06:24 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Bajah wrote:

There are also *VERY* clear signs up saying CAUTION WAFFLE IRON IS HOT! DO NOT TOUCH THE HOT WAFFLE IRON!! IF YOU TOUCH IT'S YOUR OWN DAMNED FAULT FOR BEING TO STUPID TO UNDERSTAND THAT HOT METAL WILL BURN YOU! SO IF YOU TOUCH IT, AND GET BURNED, DON'T GO CRYING TO A LAWYER!"

OtakuPenguin
Peels like a tangerine, but is juicy like an orange.
posted 11-06-2003 05:25:50 PM
quote:
Bloodsage said this about your mom:
I've stayed in several hotels where they have a waffle iron and little pre-poured cups of batter.

Yep! Been to a couple places like that too.

..:: This Is The Sound Of Settling ::..
Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 11-06-2003 05:46:21 PM
I dunno, McDonald's has always had "CAUTION: VERY HOT CONTENTS" on their coffee cups, as well as it's common knowledge that coffee is always hot (unless you specifically go out for cold coffee).... yet they get sued if someone is dumb enough to handle it poorly and burn the hell out of themselves.

Same principle, if you ask me.

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 11-06-2003 05:53:01 PM
Yar, but now the judges are wising up to all this crap. That first coffee burned chicka got her reward lessened because the judge was like "You're an idiot.."

Bill Engvall had it right...

BetaTested
Not gay, but loves the cock!
posted 11-06-2003 10:17:45 PM
And besides, there was more to it than she just burned herself on the hot coffee. It had been handed to her via a drive thru window, and the lid had not been put all the way on (I FUCKING HATE IT WHEN THAT SHIT HAPPENS) and it spilled. Also, McD's knowingly kept their coffee about 30degrees hotter than any other fast food joint. Reason being? The coffee would still taste fresh for like 15 minutes longer or something.

Got Xfire? Join me in the crusade to knock WoW from it's lofty #1 most played Xfire game with Solitare!
Lalamile
My title doesn't even make sense any more
posted 11-06-2003 10:23:21 PM
I hate it when people bring up the McDonals Law Suit. The way it is presented is Bull Shit.

Think if this, you go to McDonals, get a cup of Coffee, go to have a drink, and a 2 seconds later are covered in 3rd Degree Burns.

The Coffee was, at that time, ment to be drunk 30 minutes later, and as such servers hotter than FDA regulations allowed, which is a crime in itself. Second, the lady was drinking from the cup, and the lid came off covering her with hot coffee. Third, at the temerpature the coffee was, it took less than a second to give her 3rd degree burns over her entire front; but then again, 3rd degree burns don't hurt. By the time its a 3rd degree burn, the nerve cells are already dead.

[ 11-06-2003: Message edited by: Sashu ]

TaLourin
Pancake
posted 11-07-2003 02:50:09 AM
I feel that if they put sausage gravy in the waffle iron, before burning themselves with it, I will have a strong arguement against the lawsuit, based on stupidity.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: