EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: On CN Today!!
Cheese
Pancake
posted 03-17-2003 07:03:03 AM
Rurouni Kenshin starts on Toonami (yes, Toonami ) today...
*hoping for the best, expecting the worst*
I started watching RK before, but it got kind of boring and I stopped watching it. Might as well try again.
**~*Pink Sugar Heart Attack!*~**
Cherveny
Papaya
posted 03-17-2003 09:24:07 AM
Toonami may not be the be best with it's bad dubs, and censoring, but it is accomplishing one thing...

It's helping to increase the market for Anime in the US by making more people aware of the genre.

The more people aware, the more demand, and thus the better chance to get better quality releases in the US.

OtakuPenguin
Peels like a tangerine, but is juicy like an orange.
posted 03-18-2003 01:22:06 AM
WHAT THE FUCK?!?!

Oh good fucking god, no.

..:: This Is The Sound Of Settling ::..
Cheese
Pancake
posted 03-18-2003 06:31:26 AM
Actually, it wasn't too bad. I'd rather they show it on Adult Swim though...Trigun is supposed to start on the 31st on AS, I think.
liquidsub
I LIKE TO STEAL STUFF. THIS POST IS PROBABLY ABOUT HOW ITS SILLY TO PAY FOR SOMETHING THAT YOU CAN JUST DOWNLOAD FOR FREE
posted 03-18-2003 11:26:14 PM
I hate how they show emotional anime on Toonami as Toonami is not allowed to have kids feel for the characters and such. Toonami is supposed to make the kids be all like: LOLZ COOLZ HE KICKS A$$ AND FLIES!!1 KAMAYUHMAYUH!
Just for once I would like to see someone air uncensored subbed anime on Toonami (Toonami is the most popular so it has to be Toonami.) but people are too much of a wuss to take risks.

What next? Berserk? Evangelion?
Don't gimmie that crap about how most people watch things dubbed. Just force the little bastards to watch uncensored subbed shit and see what they say. They'll eventually grow into it. They'll even learn about Japanese culture and such. It's much better than a fucking hick pronouncing Japanese words wrong in Kenshin. Not to mention their annoying Americanized scripts. As Bush always said, it's educationable.

DVD Fansub Distribution: www.liquidanime.com
Cheese
Pancake
posted 03-19-2003 06:26:00 AM
Yeah, they should do that, but it won't happen. Then we'd just have little kids running around saying that everything is "kakkoi", "sugoi", and "baka", and of course, pronouncing them wrong.
Mog
not really a mmembe rof tis boered
posted 03-19-2003 04:01:54 PM
Im sitll waiting for CN to air the entire series fo lain, censored, in under an hour

Regret calamities if you can thereby help the sufferer; if not, attend to your own work and allready the evil begins to be repaired
- Self Rreliance
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: