EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Excel Saga....
Janus.
I am not a woman
posted 08-21-2002 09:05:33 PM
....has to be the funnist shit I have ever seen. It has NO PLOT. It purpose to make fun of everthing, including itself.
The opening song is extreamly adtictive. And the ending. OMG The ending, it's a little dog Meachi, singing about not want to be eaten. If you ever have the chance to see. DO SO!! Though it may cause death becouse of laughter.
Dr Cysa
Angsty Mcangst
posted 08-21-2002 09:15:55 PM
I just got the first episode, it is quite good.
I don't discriminate...I hate everyone.
Mog
not really a mmembe rof tis boered
posted 08-21-2002 09:30:09 PM
its great, funniest anime ive ever seen

what was the anem of the guy with the fro again, i knwo it beigns iwht an N ut i cant rember hsi name

Regret calamities if you can thereby help the sufferer; if not, attend to your own work and allready the evil begins to be repaired
- Self Rreliance
Vise the Stompy
Title now 100% ass free!
posted 08-22-2002 12:21:01 AM
I think it is Naebushin but I am not sure, and yes Excel kicks major ass. I mean when we first saw the series in a preview I thougt, "This anime looks kind of funny, i should get a good giggle laughing at the bizareness" but then I saw the first episoid and I was like,"OMG THAT IS HILARIOUS! THE CREATOR OF THIS SERIES IS A COMIC GENIOUS THAT MUST BE WORSHIPED FROM A DISTANCE OR HAVE THE RISK OF TAINTING HIS BRILLIANCE!!!" To emphasize this point, 20 smilies
Razor
posted 08-22-2002 03:13:49 AM
it's Menchi, not Meachi
Astronomy is a passion...
Engineering is a love...
My job isn't a job, it's my career, and I love every minute of it: Observatory Superintendent
Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 08-22-2002 06:56:40 AM
I wish I could have gotten one of the "Excel Saga is Yummy!" posters from Kon....

I need to finish the series. I've seen 1 through 10 and that is some REALLY wacky shit.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
-----------------------------------
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
DarkDragoon
Pancake
posted 08-22-2002 05:11:05 PM
Actually... it does have a strange twisted plot that comes together at the end. but my favorite is the ending from ep 26 =) that is the greatest! and yes, the guy with the afro is Nabeshin.

He was modeled after one of the creators
WataNABE SHINichi. he is a japanese guy with a fro in real life, actually kinda funny to see.

oh... <---- has one of those excel saga is yummy posters... and about a bazzilion other excel saga things.

If you have any questions about the series. I am by far the most obsessed person on the planet and can tell you anything! go ahead. ask =)

"What is Light without Darkness?"
"And to think I could kill every man, woman, and child here if I wanted to. The power of death is intoxicating"
Shadow Knight of Tarew Marr
Eternal Lurker of the Boards.
Vise the Stompy
Title now 100% ass free!
posted 08-22-2002 07:33:47 PM
I have a question, seeing that each episod is more or less is dedicated to makeing fun of a different anime genre, do they ever get approved to makeing fun of giant robot animes?
DarkDragoon
Pancake
posted 08-22-2002 09:11:32 PM
Hmmm, Giant Robo animes? well... they slam the power rangers giant robots into the ground pretty hard, possibly a few other "subtle" ref's to gundam and stuff.
"What is Light without Darkness?"
"And to think I could kill every man, woman, and child here if I wanted to. The power of death is intoxicating"
Shadow Knight of Tarew Marr
Eternal Lurker of the Boards.
Janus.
I am not a woman
posted 08-28-2002 09:20:17 PM
Yah my Excel Saga dvds came in the mail today!!! I dance now.
Janus Krug
Pancake
posted 09-03-2002 09:34:18 PM
I've seen all 26 eps. Here's the most amazing part in the whole show. In episode 22, the manga artist, Koshi Rikudo, GIVES PERMISSION FOR EXCEL TO CONTINUE THE ACTUAL PLOT!!!

And Ilpallazzo is the best character ever. Don't believe me? Watch ep. 25.

"And so I says to him, 'Look Mr. Necromancer, I don't care HOW many undead you have, if you don't get at least one horde of orcs, you are NOT a D&D villan.'"
MorbId
Pancake
posted 09-03-2002 11:22:42 PM
Ilpalzazzo is great even before that. I particularly liked how he got the bad endings on the dating game.

Also, your signature begs the question.. do undead orcs count towards horde-status?

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 09-11-2002 12:03:17 AM
After asking around and talking some with Suchii on IRC, I bought the first 5 episode DVD at On-Cue the other day.

I love this. Its hilarious.

Just ordered the second DVD. I want the rest to come out on DVD.

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 09-20-2002 05:01:39 PM
<laughs> I just rented and saw the first DVD of Excel Saga...this show is hilarious!

Poor Pedro! And Poor Menchi!

The Afro Guy is so silly ;D

And Excel Excel is SUPA-Silly!

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: