EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Memories
Mr. Parcelan
posted 09-11-2003 11:33:01 PM
Do you remember Otku? One of the many guys that pretended to be a girl and got upset when we referred to him as male?

And then, when it was decided he was a fucking freak, we started teasing him about wetting the bed to the point that he ran away for a few months. And as a coup de grace, he left after returning to find that nobody remembered him.

Those times were funny.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 09-12-2003 12:12:40 AM
I remember a time when people weren't afraid to get into a massive flamefest pretty much every night.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Sean
posted 09-12-2003 12:15:19 AM
Can we make Tier the new Otku?

And, yah, we need some fucking massive flamefests. I'm finding my TotalGym to be more interesting than the boards as of late.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Lashanna
noob
posted 09-12-2003 01:05:56 AM
I liked Otku to an extent.

The 'bedwetter' thing still bothers me.

Especially since Otku never hurt anyone, and did nothing more than sit in the background.

Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 09-12-2003 01:19:47 AM
quote:
Lashanna had this to say about pies:
The 'bedwetter' thing still bothers me.

Imagine how his mother felt, having to wash his sheets everyday.

Otku
I am no longer an idiot.
posted 09-12-2003 07:47:21 AM
I don't remember getting upset when someone referred to me as male, although I do remember how stupid that little time was, that’s why I changed out of it.

The whole bedwetting thing was never annoying. Not to the point where I "ran away for a few months." I did go to summer camp, but that was only a week. I don't know what you're referring to.

I never left and got mad when nobody remembered me, this also confuses me, but then it’s becoming apparent that it’s not that hard to do.

Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 09-12-2003 08:42:05 AM
Might as well have left since you NEVER post.
(Insert Funny Phrase Here)
Gikk
SCA babe!!!
posted 09-12-2003 11:41:13 AM
Seems like since he made flameball, the forums are dying.

Noone's DOING anything, and they are as boring as fuck.

Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 09-12-2003 12:06:40 PM
flames Gikk.~~
I suffer from CRS: Can't Remember Shit.

Sig pic done by the very talented SJen!

diadem
eet bugz
posted 09-12-2003 12:10:42 PM
quote:
Gikkwiny wrote this stupid crap:

no

I DEMAND MORE FREAKISH DELI POSTS! THEY ARE TEH FUNNY

[ 09-12-2003: Message edited by: diadem ]

play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 09-12-2003 01:37:04 PM
quote:
Gikkwiny had this to say about Matthew Broderick:

It goes hand in hand with the "kinder and gentler" EC. In the old days, someone said something stupid/controversial and we were off to the races. You learned to either defend your comments or think before you posted. Or you got ran off the forums on a rail. Yes, it was harsh and something of an experiment in social Darwinism, but god knows it wasn't boring.

Somewhere along the line, it seemed to be all about not hurting people's feelings. Guess what folks? You have no constitutionally protected right to not be offended. In fact, you can pretty much set your watch by the fact that someone, at some time, is gonna say something you don't like. You can either ignore it, suffer in silence, laugh it off ("Ha ha! And the bit where you compared my mother to the goat....classic!") or give it right back to them ("Oh yeah? Well, yo momma's so big, her ass has its own congressman.")

If nothing else, the old forums provided some valuable life lessons in social interaction and did so at a relatively low cost, compared to making those same mistakes in real life.

Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Gydyon
Yes, I am a lawyer. No you can't sue them for that. Shut up, or I'll have your legs broken.
posted 09-12-2003 03:04:11 PM
Have to agree with the sentiments posted here. EC has lost its teeth, which were then run over by a large truck and smashed to pieces.

I preferred the "fire away until Banfest" method of keeping order.

Gydyon
Evercrest Lawyer

Thinking about your posts
(and billing you for it) since 2001

Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 09-12-2003 03:16:35 PM
I never got any of my "I survived Banfest" t-shirts. WTF is up with that? I feel cheated. Cheated!
Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
diadem
eet bugz
posted 09-12-2003 03:26:02 PM
me miss cadga
play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 09-12-2003 05:04:47 PM
quote:
diadem thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
me miss cadga

Mod
Pancake
posted 09-12-2003 05:56:32 PM
Honestly I don't miss the days of 'If you start posting here and are stupid enough to announce you're new, you will conform to our standards of name, writing style, political opinion and outlook on the world and grow used to beeing permanently insulted or be harrassed untill you grow tired of dealing with it and leave. 'OMG we all ganged up on that one dude intimidated by introducing himself to over a hundred new people and he left, wow man did we show him, must be because we're supe....supaa....better than him!'

The board hasn't lots it's teeth most people just became halfway civilized when dealing with each other.

As for Cadga he used to be funny for a while but in the end he turned into the absolute sterotype of a message board troll and was rightly banned.

[ 09-12-2003: Message edited by: Shazorx / Modrakien ]

Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 09-12-2003 06:08:14 PM
I miss Cadga because he was a really great guy. He went through a tough time, and blew up and acted up. He got banned because he broke the rules. I still miss the old Cadga though. The monkah!

As for hazing.. I never did go for that. Back a long time ago it started out as an innocent drop into a bucket of acid or jarring people. Then people just got plain mean.

I am sick of how mean some of you get. Like Parrcelan, he used to be a nice kid that would apologise whenever he offended someone. Now he goes out of his way to offend people. He looks for ways to attack people that he thinks are "below" him. Once upon a time Parcelan wouldn't have done that. Now he has given homself a Superiority Complex that is laughable. He is still just a confused kid like everyone else. But he pokes fingers at everyone trying to find their faults to make himself feel better.

It's meanness.

It isn't happeneing only in Flamball, it is happening in the main forum too.

Why all the hate? Why all the discontent?

Why can't people just get along with each other? I hate to see you guys doing this.

It makes me sad.

I know you are all going to make little flames at me.. tcha.. I don't care. I will just laugh and hug you.

Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 09-12-2003 06:11:27 PM
Meanwhile I've just been cycling between mean to apathetic and back again.
[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
Mr. Parcelan
posted 09-12-2003 07:26:31 PM
Fuck that bullshit, Shazorx.

Does the idea of 'conform to the environment or die' sound somewhat familiar? If you're not as dumb as you appear, it should. Do you know? Because it's natural law, fucktard.

If you want to live in a safe neighborhood, you don't go down to Africa. If you want to make money as an autoshop, you don't move to Amish town. If you want to be an idiot and type like you ride a short bus, you don't go to a forum where the majority is intelligent and types properly.

You conform to the way the environment works to survive. That's how nature works: the strong survive and the weak are eaten. The weak don't cry about it, they die. In this case, they move on.

You can try defying natural law with all this "Oh, but vee are ceeveelized! Vee do not conform to zee laws of animals!" But at our base, we are still animals. Humans came from animals, and we haven't strayed so far from nature that we can just forget billions of years of evolution to make a little girly man like you feel better about himself.

When we do defy nature, shit like this happens. The populace becomes lazy, sick, and disoriented. The environment ultimately fails.

So why don't you go grab your bratwurst in your frail little pink hands, you jism-slurping Kraut; there are those in EC that still have their teeth and will enforce the natural order where your pathetic, sniveling huggy-feely shit has sickened the society.

Emily
Why's everybody always hittin on me?
posted 09-12-2003 07:33:12 PM
quote:
The Nae (tm) attempted to be funny by writing:

I am sick of how mean some of you get. Like Parrcelan, he used to be a nice kid that would apologise whenever he offended someone. Now he goes out of his way to offend people. He looks for ways to attack people that he thinks are "below" him. Once upon a time Parcelan wouldn't have done that. Now he has given homself a Superiority Complex that is laughable. He is still just a confused kid like everyone else. But he pokes fingers at everyone trying to find their faults to make himself feel better.

It's meanness.

It isn't happeneing only in Flamball, it is happening in the main forum too.

Why all the hate? Why all the discontent?

Why can't people just get along with each other? I hate to see you guys doing this.

It makes me sad.

I know you are all going to make little flames at me.. tcha.. I don't care. I will just laugh and hug you.

I totally agree with every word of that, Nae.

Should've done something, but I've done it enough
By the way your hands were shaking
Rather waste some time with you

Should've said something, but I've said it enough
By the way my words were faded
Rather waste some time with you...

Mr. Parcelan
posted 09-12-2003 07:37:01 PM
It's a flame board, morons. Do you realize this? This is where people go to be mean. You can go elsewhere if you don't want to read it, but coming here to persecute those who like to be mean is just as ridiculous as the notion that this board makes people cruel.

As to the personal accusations of trying to make myself feel better by flaming the bugs: the beauty of this country is that you're free to believe anything you want. I feel perfectly fine about myself even when I'm being nice, but if you can't scavenge up anything worthwhile to bring against me, feel free to make shit up.

So long as you're happy

Emily
posted 09-12-2003 07:44:47 PM
Parce, she was saying -- and I am saying, too -- that you've changed a lot, especially. You're almost heartlessly cruel to some people now, and I think you do it almost without thinking about it, which is what I am worried about... I dunno what's up, really, that's your own business... But you would've never done this even just a few months ago. :/

And, as was said before in the same post -- the general nastiness (not just from Parce) happens on the main forums, too -- not just on Flameball. I realize this is a place to go and bash your neighbor, and at first I thought it was funny stuff; friendly tongue-and-cheek picking on eachother. But recently I've noticed things getting a little more cruel. It is disturbing. Don't tell me 'Well then don't read Flameball, moron!' because I know that's an option. I'm just sad to see it change from tongue-and-cheek to tooth-and-nail.

[ 09-12-2003: Message edited by: Emily ]

Mr. Parcelan
posted 09-12-2003 07:48:57 PM
You're right; I don't think about it anymore. Because it doesn't matter. It's an internet forum. I don't take them seriously (and neither do you, according to your recent testimonies) and I don't particularly care if anyone does.

If I recieve any more accusations of me changing, I'll address the notion. Until then, I don't think I'm any more nasty than I was way back when.

Good day, ladies.

Emily
posted 09-12-2003 07:54:32 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about Captain Planet:
You're right; I don't think about it anymore. Because it doesn't matter. It's an internet forum. I don't take them seriously (and neither do you, according to your recent testimonies) and I don't particularly care if anyone does.

If I recieve any more accusations of me changing, I'll address the notion. Until then, I don't think I'm any more nasty than I was way back when.

Good day, ladies.

I don't take it seriously -- this ends when I click the little "x" button in the upper right corner of my browser. ;P BUT, when I'm browsing the boards, I hate to see people ripping eachother apart for no real reason.

In fact, I'd be willing to bet that if we were all living in the same neighborhood, we'd all be friends, and there'd hardly be any arguements between any of us.

Just something to think about. What are we *really* mad at here? :/

Mr. Parcelan
posted 09-12-2003 07:59:41 PM
Who's mad?

I haven't seen a thread made in public outrage since the whole Kekvit scandal. They come and go, but for the most part, these threads are just "Hey, this is bugging me at the moment, I'll say it here."

From venting to "Quit being such a gooddamn freak, Azy", this is where we go to say stuff you don't want to hear on the regular forums. That's what I consider them, anyways.

If someone's looking at these forums like it's daytime drama, that's kind of weird. They're slow. Make them interesting again.

Emily
posted 09-12-2003 08:01:23 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan thought about the meaning of life:
Who's mad?

Mr. Parcelan
posted 09-12-2003 08:02:40 PM
Parcelan prevails once again. Someone take a picture.
Mod
Pancake
posted 09-12-2003 08:37:01 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
Fuck that bullshit, Shazorx.

Does the idea of 'conform to the environment or die' sound somewhat familiar? If you're not as dumb as you appear, it should. Do you know? Because it's natural law, fucktard.

If you want to live in a safe neighborhood, you don't go down to Africa. If you want to make money as an autoshop, you don't move to Amish town. If you want to be an idiot and type like you ride a short bus, you don't go to a forum where the majority is intelligent and types properly.

You conform to the way the environment works to survive. That's how nature works: the strong survive and the weak are eaten. The weak don't cry about it, they die. In this case, they move on.

You can try defying natural law with all this "Oh, but vee are ceeveelized! Vee do not conform to zee laws of animals!" But at our base, we are still animals. Humans came from animals, and we haven't strayed so far from nature that we can just forget billions of years of evolution to make a little girly man like you feel better about himself.

When we do defy nature, shit like this happens. The populace becomes lazy, sick, and disoriented. The environment ultimately fails.

So why don't you go grab your bratwurst in your frail little pink hands, you jism-slurping Kraut; there are those in EC that still have their teeth and will enforce the natural order where your pathetic, sniveling huggy-feely shit has sickened the society.

Frist off, get your stereotypes right, I'm not german.

Stop with the strong / weak bullshit. Do you believe I am weak just because I choose not to go around flinging shit on people on the internet? Because I can tolerate beeing around people I dislike without taking jabs at them at any opportunity? If so you have a truely skewed idea of strength.

What is it that makes you feel so strong? You ability to pick out those least likely to put up a fight and harass them untill they're fed up and leave? The amazing ability to pick out unpopular people on the board and keep insulting them in some childish way? There is no strength in that, anyone, and I mean anyone can do that. Do you think it's hard to flame some poor newb? Newsflash, people don't do as you do not because they couldn't but because they're unwilling to stoop as low as you.

Strength has nothing to do with picking on people you percieve as weaker than you, that kind of behavior is the calling card of a true coward and weakling. Furthermore the truely strong usually don't feel the annyoing urge to point their strenth out at every opportunity. 'I'm strong, better than all of you, yeah, really, you're all just bugs to me, Tiax rules all!'

Natural law? Yeah right. Nature is an enviroment that exists in the absence of intelligent thought, now I see why someone like you would feel truely comfortable in there but I for my part love to defy nature. I do it every time I step into an airplane, take medication or drive a car instead of riding to my destination on a donkey.

You can go be a neanderthal all you want, I bet you'll find a bunch of 'back to the roots'-hippies that will gladly join you in forming your tribe, most of us however would rather better themselves than revert farther and farther towards the lowest forms of life. Yes we have animal urges aquired through evolution but they have no place in today's world we have to cope with, that does not mean that we have free reign to live them out as we please, we are humans, we control our instincts instead of giving in to them at every turn that won't get us killed, this is a large part of what defines us, well, most of us to be correct. Those that give in to their 'animal core' (are you some kind of closet furry btw?) you will mostly find sitting in jail for rape and murder.

I admit attempting to use 'natural law' as means of justifying one's trolling of a message board is novel, but it changes the fact no more than the usual 'I do it to get a rise out of you' or 'This is just the internet' which luckily you didn't use. Oh wait....

Enter the old 'omg it's only the internet, it doesn't count'-argument: You don't go set a time to meet someone on the phone, come two hours late and go 'oh, it's just the phone, I mean it's not like it's the real world'. The internet is a means use to communicate with other people, no differnt than a phone, a letter or sound. That thing is as old as the internet and always used as a desperate measure to try appear as standing above trivial things such as this petty board, guess what, it never ever works.

Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 09-12-2003 08:46:41 PM
Don't try to defy Mother Nature, brautwurst. You'll find she's more often right than she's wrong. Nature, my friend, exists all around you. Even in New York, nature is hard at work. It affects the way we think, whether you like it or not. You cannot fight instinct.

And if you had any sense at all, you would have realized that the argument was that we shouldn't let idiots who decide they don't have enough time to type properly drag us down. If it requires us to make them outcasts, so be it.

Coddling idiots drains resources that could be better spent on other things. If that's your thing, start your own shortbus and make the bagged lunches. The rest of us don't care to keep idiots around at the cost of the greater society.

And in the future, take the time to trim down your drivel to something I'll actually read. Quit wasting oxygen.

Suddar
posted 09-12-2003 08:49:37 PM
Pothead.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 09-12-2003 08:51:30 PM
quote:
Suddar stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
Pothead.

Crackpot.

Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 09-12-2003 08:54:06 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about Knight Rider:

Good day, ladies.

You are more nasty.

You make threads calling out people for no reason other than to bully them. You pick on people and say nasty things like "Ford Prefect should be edited out of existence", for example.

I guess because I like to meet people from the board, and I feel closer to them that way, it makes what you say to them more cutting to me. I don't like to see someone that I like act like that, towards other people that I like. It puts me in a very crappy position.

I like Fal. I like Azy. I like Ford. I like you.

So... here I have you insulting and picking on all of them, and I really like you. Since I like you, I have to tell you that what you are doing is juvenile and beneath you. You would never have done that before. Or if you would have, you would have said you were sorry.

If you are going through a tough time with something and need someone to talk to, you can always email me, or you can email Gyd I am sure. You just don't seem like yourself.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 09-12-2003 08:58:37 PM
Bah.
Aaron (the good one)
posted 09-12-2003 09:03:34 PM
You got told.
Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Mod
Pancake
posted 09-12-2003 09:04:42 PM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Mr. Parcelan said this:
Don't try to defy Mother Nature, brautwurst. You'll find she's more often right than she's wrong. Nature, my friend, exists all around you. Even in New York, nature is hard at work. It affects the way we think, whether you like it or not. You cannot fight instinct.

And if you had any sense at all, you would have realized that the argument was that we shouldn't let idiots who decide they don't have enough time to type properly drag us down. If it requires us to make them outcasts, so be it.

Coddling idiots drains resources that could be better spent on other things. If that's your thing, start your own shortbus and make the bagged lunches. The rest of us don't care to keep idiots around at the cost of the greater society.

And in the future, take the time to trim down your drivel to something I'll actually read. Quit wasting oxygen.

You can fight instinct. Most people do it every day. Nature is not a sentience, it's a state of disorder. I addressed both those points above, I won't repeat myself for you. If you can't deal with half a page of text perhaps I should offer you a ride on my short bus.

As for missing the argument, my argument was directed towards the need you and some other people feel to use every little flaw in someone new to jump straight up their asses, not that we really need to ship in more people from AOL. 'Oh holy mother of god he has a number in his name it burns my fragile eyes, I need to stalk him for two weeks and call him an idiot at every opportunity'.

It's just a cheap and obvious front for trying to display yourself as some sort of community leader by painting someone weak as an outside enemy and then gloriously driving them off the boards. If it were truely the health of the boards you were concerned with trying to help new people fit in by means that will not force them into the defensive and drive them off would be what you would be doing.

[ 09-12-2003: Message edited by: Shazorx / Modrakien ]

Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 09-12-2003 09:06:17 PM
quote:
A sleep deprived Mr. Parcelan stammered:
Bah.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 09-12-2003 09:07:06 PM
quote:
The Nae (tm) painfully thought these words up:

Sean
posted 09-12-2003 10:05:08 PM
quote:
The Nae (tm) had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
"Ford Prefect should be edited out of existence"

I've never seen a positive human quality come from that gasbag.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 09-12-2003 10:46:42 PM
Well you should try looking sometime. Open your mind.

I really enjoyed when he came to visit me, he is very witty, warm and intelligent. Having someone say that he should be "edited out of existence" would rob me of a delightful friend.

I wouldn't like that.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 09-12-2003 11:21:06 PM
If he wants to come visit, sure. Until then, all I see is one big, boring black hole of ignorance.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: