EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: OK, what the fuck.
Aury
My hair is a deadly weapon
posted 08-17-2003 07:59:13 PM
What the fuck is everyone's problem with Abbi? She's never done anything wrong to y'all...Her only fucking crime is being promoted. What the hell is wrong with that?
KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 08-17-2003 08:01:39 PM
quote:
Aury obviously shouldn't have said:
What the fuck is everyone's problem with Abbi? She's never done anything wrong to y'all...Her only fucking crime is being promoted. What the hell is wrong with that?

how little you know friend.

Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Aury
posted 08-17-2003 08:02:06 PM
quote:
Verily, KaLourin doth proclaim:
how little you know friend.

I'd like to know more. Enlighten the class.

KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 08-17-2003 08:12:54 PM
mood personality swings. enraged outbursts at people for no reason. Ignoring people who once called her friend. People already being banned or threatened with bans. Tossing my friendship out like a used sock when I didnt automatically side with her against an issue with Kekvit long ago.

Deth can fill you in on that one in greater detail if you like.

Simply put, she stopped liking me for no reason, has flipped out on my friends for no reason and pretty much ignores most of us. Anything I do mention in response to her is usually met with defiance or contempt. I stopped talking to her. And now she's an channel admin, and board admin, when i've never seen her capable of such responsibility, short of running a #trivia channel. These outbursts and rampages also show that there is no chance of rationality in anything that happens now. Densetsu has been threatened with a ban already, Tal's got one account canned. Who else is next? And on top of that, Drys will automatically side with her?

Sorry.. I don't like this one bit. Of course now you can tell me "if you dont like it, leave." I tried that once. Had myself put into a self exile ban. People begged me to come back.

Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Holden
French Cocksucker
posted 08-17-2003 08:40:41 PM
Just woundering why did she get promoted?

Shes alright I guess, but I could of thought of better people to be a moderator for awhile..

"America is dumb, it's like a dumb puppy that has big teeth that can bite and hurt you..."
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 08-17-2003 08:49:49 PM
quote:
Holden spewed forth this undeniable truth:
Just woundering why did she get promoted?

Shes alright I guess, but I could of thought of better people to be a moderator for awhile..

Common theory: she's cybering Drysart

I can't confirm or deny that, nor do I really have a stance on the issue, because I don't care. (edit: Unless I get banned for no good reason...)

[ 08-17-2003: Message edited by: Kegwen ]

Aury
posted 08-17-2003 09:30:57 PM
quote:
A sleep deprived Kegwen stammered:

I can't confirm or deny that, nor do I really have a stance on the issue, because I don't care. (edit: Unless I get banned for no good reason...)

According to her, it's false. She'd have no reason to lie to me.

Holden
French Cocksucker
posted 08-17-2003 09:37:36 PM
quote:
Kegwen had this to say about Cuba:

thats what i first thought, but mostly i thought cause its shes a girl (not that im a sexist).

"America is dumb, it's like a dumb puppy that has big teeth that can bite and hurt you..."
Bricktop
Old and Gay
posted 08-17-2003 09:38:30 PM
quote:
Kegwen had this to say about Optimus Prime:

Isn't everyone?

A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent.
Bummey the Fool
Prefers to play with men
posted 08-17-2003 10:02:51 PM
quote:
Aury attempted to be funny by writing:
According to her, it's false. She'd have no reason to lie to me.

She has every reason to lie to you.

Nicole
The hip-hop-happiest bunny in all of marshmallow woods
posted 08-17-2003 10:04:36 PM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Cool Hand Luke said this:
Isn't everyone?

That brings about a most frightening prospect, which I shall phrase in the form of a Kennatsu-esque question.

What would happen if everyone got mod powers for a day?

I just spent
my last cent
purchasing this poverty.

Bricktop
Old and Gay
posted 08-17-2003 10:05:52 PM
quote:
From the book of Nicole, chapter 3, verse 16:

I'd ban you and a dozen others before going down in the blaze of glory.

Blindy
Roll for initiative, Monkey Boy!
posted 08-17-2003 10:51:31 PM
quote:
When Nicole says stuff like this, it proves there isn't a god:
That brings about a most frightening prospect, which I shall phrase in the form of a Kennatsu-esque question.

Great things would happen. Terrible! But great.

On a plane ride, the more it shakes,
The more I have to let go.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 08-17-2003 10:54:22 PM
Long-standing reason: "There's a lot of stuff questionable about Abbi". Short term answer, for me at least, is that she hasn't pissed me off lately, I don't think she's the best choice, but generally I just rag on her. It's flameball. We rag on people.

This is not a good way to get title points, btw, Aury

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Maradon!
posted 08-17-2003 11:00:40 PM
She shares a lot of personality flaws that Lyinar does.

Occasionally I will piss them both off a whole, whole lot without even realizing I'm doing it.

Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 08-18-2003 12:00:42 AM
quote:
But KaLourin doesn't really care for music, do you?
mood personality swings. enraged outbursts at people for no reason.
Hey, look. Drysart and Abbi have something in common.

Really though, she is prone to the things KaL said, but lately she's been fine in my views. I still don't quite trust her, but such things heal with time.

So, I'll remain indifferent on this issue, and just watch and see what happens. Already seems like it's headed downhill, though.

Time was never on my side.
So on I wait my whole lifetime.

Emily
Why's everybody always hittin on me?
posted 08-18-2003 12:18:14 AM
Personally, I don't even *know* her, and as far as I know, she doesn't know me. We've never spoken, as I recall. . .

I just know that I'm not going to take what other people say about her that's negative and jump on any sort of "hate-Abbi" bandwagon, whether one already exists or is in the making...

I have nothing bad to say about her.

I'm willing to give her a chance to see how she does for an admin while Tim is away -- I'm a little shocked to see her made as an Admin, I have to admit, though -- few seem to really know her that well, and she's pretty quiet, IMO...

That's the only judgement I have to make about her, which is neutral - just like my opinion.

Should've done something, but I've done it enough
By the way your hands were shaking
Rather waste some time with you

Should've said something, but I've said it enough
By the way my words were faded
Rather waste some time with you...

OtakuPenguin
Peels like a tangerine, but is juicy like an orange.
posted 08-18-2003 12:32:10 AM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Black Mage was all like:
I'll remain indifferent on this issue, and just watch and see what happens. Already seems like it's headed downhill, though.
..:: This Is The Sound Of Settling ::..
Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 08-18-2003 01:01:48 AM
I have no idea what's going on currently, save for what I've read in this thread.

I don't really know her at all.

The thing that suprises me is that Drysart told us who was going to be the Admin. In such a situation, I would have fully expected him to give the Admin powers to someone in such a way that nobody knew who it was, and then give them orders to not reveal in any way who they are.

It wouldn't be as fun for the Admin, but it would keep people from trying to gain favor with them to get stuff.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Bummey the Fool
Prefers to play with men
posted 08-18-2003 01:14:41 AM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Emily wrote:
I'm a little shocked to see her made as an Admin

She's just as shocked as you, quite a lot more, in fact.

I say to just leave her alone, she doesn't want to be an Admin, and your negativity sure isn't helping.... even if this IS Flameball.

Zaza
I don't give a damn.
posted 08-18-2003 01:48:26 AM
Nah, Palador, while the moderators can be kept secret, there has to be a board figurehead to take responsibility when things go down the toilet. That's just the way it is.

If Abbi can avoid doing another "Strike two strike three omg BAN" out of thin air, it'll be fine, I guess.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 08-18-2003 03:25:14 AM
yeah...Unknown mods are okay, I suppose, but you have to have a top monkey to take your rotten bananas to. And I can think of (and am sure others can think of) people we wouldn't want to be admins for one reason or another.

We don't have to leave her alone in Flameball. Saying we should is fine, but people will disagree. We're free to here. People will bitch no matter the choice made.

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty

Mr. Parcelan
posted 08-18-2003 04:21:32 AM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael painfully thought these words up:
yeah...Unknown mods are okay, I suppose, but you have to have a top monkey to take your rotten bananas to.

WHAT THE FUCK

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 08-18-2003 05:06:36 AM
Bah, Abbi kicks ass. She's never been anything but nice to me, personally. I can't say anything for her experience with others on these forums.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 08-18-2003 06:30:16 AM
quote:
Verily, Maradon! doth proclaim:
She shares a lot of personality flaws that Lyinar does.

Occasionally I will piss them both off a whole, whole lot without even realizing I'm doing it.

What personality flaws? Lyinar doesn't threaten to blindly ban people with a dissenting opinion in IRC in a public channel (private channels are different). Lyinar has never tried to pass herself off visually with photos that are not in fact her. Lyinar's biggest gripe with the boards is that she lost her admin/moderator status when someone told a lie about her and she was punished for it, even when Drysart himself said that it was a board glitch that caused the trouble.

Don't confuse Lyinar's righteous aggravation when people pervert the truth as being the same thing as Abbi's loud and whiny "My way or I'll scream and ban you" attitude. Likewise, even if there were comparable traits (and their aren't), Abbi was given an admin position, and Lyinar is kept from causing whatever apocalyptic trouble you guys think she'd cause by not being granted any power on the boards. In other words, Lyinar doesn't want admin status, and some people no doubt think she shouldn't have it, but bloody hell if Lyinar shouldn't have it, then surely neither should Abbi.

Emily
posted 08-18-2003 07:40:12 AM
quote:
Bummey the Fool's account was hax0red to write:
She's just as shocked as you, quite a lot more, in fact.

I say to just leave her alone, she doesn't want to be an Admin, and your negativity sure isn't helping.... even if this IS Flameball.

Bummey, WTF?

I made it quite clear in my post that I had no negativity toward her what-so-ever. I'm indifferent.

Do you want to rephrase that, please?

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 08-18-2003 08:20:26 AM
quote:
Emily had this to say:
Do you want to rephrase that, please?

The first part of his post was made towards you. The second part was to everyone as a whole. That's why they were split.

I can't spell.

[ 08-18-2003: Message edited by: Mortious ]

Tal NSFW!!
Pancake
posted 08-18-2003 08:55:34 AM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael said:

What personality flaws?

Don't confuse Lyinar's righteous aggravation when people pervert the truth

Nice little can of worms ya got there, Deth. Wanna open it a little more?

And state it honestly. Its Lyinars VERSION of the truth. Just because she believes it, makes it neither the truth, nor righteous. Trust me, I asked god. he said Lyinar is wrong from time to time.

Bhudda agreed.

Allah was gettin a handjob, and declined to answer.

As for Lyinar and Abbi comparasin as to who would be a better choice for Admin...

Well, as you can see, Abbi's promotion hasnt cause half the boards to either leave, or get banned by driving Lyinar to tears 12 times a day. Which, I assure you, WOULD happen if Lyinar got control of the place. And God over a world of lurkers is just sad.

Personally, I got no problem with Abbi being the Head Aussie in Charge.

And I only cybered Drysart once.

[ 08-18-2003: Message edited by: White Mage ]

Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 08-18-2003 10:45:28 AM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
yeah...Unknown mods are okay, I suppose, but you have to have a top monkey to take your rotten bananas to. And I can think of (and am sure others can think of) people we wouldn't want to be admins for one reason or another.

What have you done with Ja'Deth?

(Insert Funny Phrase Here)
Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 08-18-2003 11:33:55 AM
quote:
Mortious was listening to Cher while typing:
Bah, Abbi kicks ass. She's never been anything but nice to me, personally. I can't say anything for her experience with others on these forums.

I pretty much feel the same way. Sorry guys, I know nothing of your bad experiences with her. I think though that given the threads about her she most likely knows now.

How about you guys give her a chance, and try not to fuck it all up for yourselves along the way? Don't pick fights with her if you can help it, play nice, and trust in Drysart's choice.

I honestly don't want to see anything bad to come of all of this. I don't want to see you guys acting all indignant over his choice, and picking fights with her over everything and nitpicking and causing trouble and ending up banned.. just to martyr yourself to say that she was the wrong choice.

I see danger down that path young padawan... don't fall to the Dark side!

Peach
Good intentions? Or *bad* intentions?
posted 08-18-2003 11:51:25 AM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
. Lyinar's biggest gripe with the boards is that she lost her admin/moderator status when someone told a lie about her and she was punished for it, even when Drysart himself said that it was a board glitch that caused the trouble.

OOo Ooo! It's my turn to say it! Now that is a lie! Talk about a perversion of the truth. You guys have been so pissed about this for so long you make shit up to be righteously upset about so you can continue to fester and fuss about it.

Since you don't remember it... I'll walk you down memory lane. Lyinar lost her Mod Status when she opened her big fat fucking mouth to complain that I accidentally edited someone's post when I meant to quote it. I had Admin status at the time because of my own boards; I however did not administrate posts on the EC boards. I had made a mistake, but she got her tightwad panties all in a bunch because she's a fucking psycho. Instead of going to him privately, like he'd requested if anyone had problems with another moderator or admin, she made a big stink about publicly.

So he yanked her Mod status because she BROKE THE FUCKING RULES. Blaming me is just another oh-so-obvious attempt to continue to paint me as the evilest fucking wench on the planet. Which is fine. CAUSE I AM. *waggles her fingers evilly*

Christ you two are insane.

Emily
posted 08-18-2003 12:23:41 PM
Whoa.

pwnagaedeeded~

Mr. Parcelan
posted 08-18-2003 12:34:55 PM
Sorry Deth, but you're dead wrong with this one.

Lyinar doesn't blindly threaten to ban people who don't agree with her, no. She doesn't have that power, which is both good and bad. Instead she stalks, harrasses, pesters, and carries grudges forever against those who don't agree with her.

I'm not sure banning wouldn't be better than that...

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 08-18-2003 12:47:47 PM
I have to say I haven't had any problems with Abbikat, either, and have noticed--on the forums, at least--her actually read an argument through and contribute based on reason rather than mindlessly defending/assaulting people simply because of who they are.

On the other hand, there are no rules in Flameball, so it's cool to bitch and whine here.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Bricktop
Old and Gay
posted 08-18-2003 01:03:37 PM
quote:
How.... Bloodsage.... uughhhhhh:
I have to say I haven't had any problems with Abbikat, either, and have noticed--on the forums, at least--her actually read an argument through and contribute based on reason rather than mindlessly defending/assaulting people simply because of who they are.

You've got to be kidding me. Though I suppose you're correct to a point; it's not a particular PERSON she doesn't like and always sides against. It's just the entire male gender.

Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 08-18-2003 01:11:17 PM
I got mad about the quick, harsh ruling in #trivia, so when she wasn't around, I took it over.

Then she banned me from the irc server. Fun times.

Yes, I can see the childishness in this.

[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 08-18-2003 02:03:45 PM
quote:
Verily, the chocolate bunny rabits doth run and play while Cool Hand Luke gently hums:
You've got to be kidding me. Though I suppose you're correct to a point; it's not a particular PERSON she doesn't like and always sides against. It's just the entire male gender.

Really?

I honestly haven't noticed that.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 08-18-2003 02:06:01 PM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Cool Hand Luke:

I'm her "boss", of a sort, in SWG. She listens to me and obeys directions perfectly. I'm a guy.

She doesn't seem to hate me.

Bricktop
Old and Gay
posted 08-18-2003 02:07:08 PM
She used to jump into every thread that had any sort of conflict and make stupid posts about the guys being like the animals on the discovery channel.

This was always my favorite one, due largely to Reynar's rebuttal!

Gydyon
Yes, I am a lawyer. No you can't sue them for that. Shut up, or I'll have your legs broken.
posted 08-18-2003 03:15:08 PM
All you asshats know that I should be the one running this joint while Drysart's away.

And I know nothing about Abbi, so I conclude with the following.

JACKASSES!

Gydyon
Evercrest Lawyer

Thinking about your posts
(and billing you for it) since 2001

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: