EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Romance help please!
Zeke
I am a vampire and
posted 10-06-2003 10:16:14 PM
This is a direct quote from an earlier post by me: Also, the girl I have fallen madly in love with just wants to be friends and I keep trying to think of inventive ways to be romantic, but am stifled in my creativity in that as every time I think of it I just daydream and actually began to plan a life with her, despite not even dating as of yet.
Any suggestions on solving methods/ways to impress her? Also if you've noticed me asking for Chinese translations into Mandarin/Shanghai dialects it's because she is Chinese and those are the ones she speaks and I'm trying to learn them/write stuff in them just to show I caer and am willing to put forth effort, but so far I've had no success...oh by the way she's oggling a senior at my school who not only has a girlfriend but also doesn't have the slightest inclination as to how she feels.
"Death most resembles a prophet who is without honor in his own land or a poet who is a stranger among his people."
"Cowards die many times before their deaths;
The valiant never taste of death but once."
Hime, eien-ni, anata-wo ai-shimasu.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 10-06-2003 10:18:05 PM
You need to abandon that prospect. Seriously, if she just wants to be friends, you can't pressure her into it through "romance" or whatever.

Just play it cool, slapnuts. Forget about how badly you want it and just move on. You're probably 12 or something, you still got plenty of time.

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 10-06-2003 10:18:46 PM
Tell her how you feel. It doesn't have to be some sappy, over-the-top romantic experience, just be sincere and let her know what's on your mind.

However, if she is not interested, do not attempt to pursue it any further. It'll just make more problems.

[ 10-06-2003: Message edited by: Sakkra ]

Blindy
Roll for initiative, Monkey Boy!
posted 10-06-2003 10:20:55 PM
if there is one thing that turns women off more than anything, its a sob story about why don't you like me.

I hate to say it, but it's time to move on. Just the prospect of you going out with other girls might get her jealous and spark some interest that was never there before, but don't count on it.

On a plane ride, the more it shakes,
The more I have to let go.
nem-x
posted 10-06-2003 10:21:16 PM
She no love you long time.
Drysart
Pancake
posted 10-06-2003 10:21:53 PM
quote:
Zeke the Final Fencer scribbled:
Any suggestions on solving methods/ways to impress her?

Don't bother. Anyone you have to "impress" is not someone for you.

Zeke
I am a vampire and
posted 10-06-2003 10:22:53 PM
Not to backtalk or anything but for the record I'm 16 and well...I know exactly what everyone thinks on teenage romance so I'll save that part and discuss it in-depth with those who know me better. Also, while I am willing to back down for the good of it, I cannot give up. Therefore I have curently stepped down from it while I gather ideas and such for a second try. If nothing occurs of it on her end, I have no real choice but to deal with it, yes, but I don't give up that easily.
"Death most resembles a prophet who is without honor in his own land or a poet who is a stranger among his people."
Nina
posted 10-06-2003 10:23:13 PM
Romance?

Here you go!

[ 10-06-2003: Message edited by: Nina ]

Drysart
Pancake
posted 10-06-2003 10:25:22 PM
quote:
What the Zeke the Final Fencer??
I know exactly what everyone thinks on teenage romance so I'll save that part and discuss it in-depth with those who know me better.

The reason we think that way is because we were all 16 and madly in love ourselves, and yes, we all thought we were different, dammit, because we really meant it so none of the advice applied to us.

Blindy
posted 10-06-2003 10:26:07 PM
quote:
Zeke the Final Fencer's momma would never want to hear them say:
Not to backtalk or anything but for the record I'm 16 and well...I know exactly what everyone thinks on teenage romance so I'll save that part and discuss it in-depth with those who know me better. Also, while I am willing to back down for the good of it, I cannot give up. Therefore I have curently stepped down from it while I gather ideas and such for a second try. If nothing occurs of it on her end, I have no real choice but to deal with it, yes, but I don't give up that easily.

Well if you don't mind being immature, just do this.

step 1) Be a good friend to her.

step 2) date someone else. don't rub it in her face. Look happy.

step 3) she wants you now, because women are insanely jealous creatures. If she harbors any sort of attraction for you, this will do it.

step 4) tell girl #2 that you just want to be friends, unless you like her more. If so, make up your mind.

Zeke
I am a vampire and
posted 10-06-2003 10:26:21 PM
quote:
So quoth Drysart:
The reason we think that way is because we were all 16 and madly in love ourselves, and yes, we all thought we were different, dammit, because we really meant it so none of the advice applied to us.

Yep, but I still won't be persuaded to go down in the first round

Arttemis
Not Squire... but a guitar!
posted 10-06-2003 10:26:48 PM
How about this; you ask her out on a date, and go from there? If she's interested, great. If not, the most you can do is be her friend.

Ever hear the song by the Police, "Every Breath You Take"? It's a song about obsession. I suggest you listen to it.

Zeke
I am a vampire and
posted 10-06-2003 10:27:33 PM
quote:
Absolut Blindy had this to say about Tron:
Well if you don't mind being immature, just do this.

step 1) Be a good friend to her.

step 2) date someone else. don't rub it in her face. Look happy.

step 3) she wants you now, because women are insanely jealous creatures. If she harbors any sort of attraction for you, this will do it.

step 4) tell girl #2 that you just want to be friends, unless you like her more. If so, make up your mind.

This may work and the best part is step 1 is waaaaay past done. I've known her for four years almost.

Zeke
I am a vampire and
posted 10-06-2003 10:28:26 PM
quote:
Squier had this to say about Captain Planet:
How about this; you ask her out on a date, and go from there? If she's interested, great. If not, the most you can do is be her friend.

Ever hear the song by the Police, "Every Breath You Take"? It's a song about obsession. I suggest you listen to it.

I'll read the lyrics, but I hate the Police so none of their music shall be played by me.

Arttemis
Not Squire... but a guitar!
posted 10-06-2003 10:28:59 PM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Zeke the Final Fencer:
I'll read the lyrics, but I hate the Police so none of their music shall be played by me.

No accounting for taste, I suppose.

Zeke
I am a vampire and
posted 10-06-2003 10:30:06 PM
Meh I'm more into stuff like Deicide, Disturbed, Utada Hikaru, Yasunori Mitsuda, and other such things.
Anklebiter
Pancake
posted 10-06-2003 10:41:54 PM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Zeke the Final Fencer :
Meh I'm more into stuff like Deicide, Disturbed, Utada Hikaru, Yasunori Mitsuda, and other such things.

quote:
Squier spewed forth this undeniable truth:
No accounting for taste, I suppose.

I kid

[ 10-06-2003: Message edited by: Anklebiter ]

EVE Online:
Asha Vahishta, Minmatar Pilot.
diadem
eet bugz
posted 10-06-2003 10:50:07 PM
I have yet to see a girl be persuaded by romance or a by guy singing sappy songs under a window. I do know guys who tried that and freaked the hell out of the girls in the process (or girls who had guys do that and were freaked out). Romance is fine for a puppy love relationship or an already established relationship, but it is the wrong way to go about a trying to create relationship that simply doesn't exist.

I'd say give it up, but I know you won't listen to me. So I'll offer advice, poor as it may be. Women love confidence. Citing poems and begging for love turns someone in your situation turns you into a lap dog, which is basically the opposite of what the majority of women are looking for. This doesn't mean be an asshole, though some girls do like that, this just means seizing an opportunity when it comes, and not clinging to her like a leach would be the best approach.

Take what I say with a grain of salt, but you asked for advice, and there it is. I always say to go with your gut. Whenever I rely on the advice of others for relationship advice, I fail. When I go with my gut, I do fail sometimes, but I succeed sometimes as well, and once is all that matters.

play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
Lenlalron Flameblaster
posted 10-06-2003 10:50:19 PM
Girls are evil. Sadly enough, you have to hunt. Go for the kill when you have a chance. The longer you wait , the more you've lost or are likely to lose.

I may not be the best person to speak on this, but, trust me, I know from experience.

Grammar is your enemy! - While being able to understand someone's sentences might seem like a good idea for a proper essay, complaining on a forum scarcely leaves time for such trivialities. Write fast! You're angry, grrr! Make that show, and forget about things like capital letters, punctuation, and verbs.
Arrenn Lightblade
Yes. Yes he is.
posted 10-06-2003 10:51:45 PM
Ask her out, sing her some Tenacious D. If this doesn't win her over, you're screwed.
OtakuPenguin
Peels like a tangerine, but is juicy like an orange.
posted 10-06-2003 11:52:41 PM
quote:
Drysart had this to say about John Romero:

Oftentimes though, it is genuine Love.

You people are all such cynics. Yeesh.

..:: This Is The Sound Of Settling ::..
Zeke
I am a vampire and
posted 10-06-2003 11:54:37 PM
quote:
OtakuPenguin impressed everyone with:

He also has a point, my friend's parents met in middle school and are in their 40's now, still married.

[ 10-06-2003: Message edited by: Zeke the Final Fencer ]

Drysart
Pancake
posted 10-06-2003 11:57:04 PM
quote:
What the OtakuPenguin??

No... oftentimes, it's not.

Love is returned. Idol worship is not.

Suddar
posted 10-06-2003 11:57:37 PM
quote:
OtakuPenguin had this to say about Cuba:

That may or may not be so, but it doesn't matter. The fact is, the teen years are just hard on relationships. You're growing and changing a lot. That means the person you fell in "love" with a year ago can be completely different a year later. Emotionally or physically.

It doesn't always work. It very rarely works. When it does work, it takes a lot of effort from both parties. If you can make it through the teen years, you can probably make it through anything.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 10-07-2003 12:00:20 AM
quote:
So quoth Drysart:
No... oftentimes, it's not.

Love is returned. Idol worship is not.

I hear that

Blindy
posted 10-07-2003 12:00:41 AM
I don't mean to be cruel, but a girl will never become interested in you because you show interest in her, when before there was none. You need to create interest via another route. Either by jealousy, by working out or whatever it takes to become more attractive, or by just giving her space and living your own life and hoping that she comes around.

You will never win this battle by charging in face first, unless she already likes you like that. And from what you say, she doesn't.

OtakuPenguin
posted 10-07-2003 12:01:24 AM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Suddar said:
That may or may not be so, but it doesn't matter. The fact is, the teen years are just hard on relationships. You're growing and changing a lot. That means the person you fell in "love" with a year ago can be completely different a year later. Emotionally or physically.

It doesn't always work. It very rarely works. When it does work, it takes a lot of effort from both parties. If you can make it through the teen years, you can probably make it through anything.

I agree, it's hard, but, after catching flak from EVERYONE about Nikki and I, I have HAD IT with all this shit about how teenagers don't know what Love is.

Zeke
I am a vampire and
posted 10-07-2003 12:03:05 AM
Oh by the way, this is what I used to let her know how I felt:

You don't love a woman because she is beautiful, but she is beautiful because you love her.

Love does not begin and end the way we seem to think it does. Love is a battle, love is a war; love is a growing up.

Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.

Love is the immortal flow of energy that nourishes, extends and preserves. Its eternal goal is life.

Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye.

A relationship is like a rose, How long it lasts, no one knows; Love can erase an awful past, Love can be yours, you'll see at last; To feel that love, it makes you sigh, To have it leave, you'd rather die; You hope you've found that special rose, 'Cause you love and care for the one you chose.

Sympathy constitutes friendship; but in love there is a sort of antipathy, or opposing passion. Each strives to be the other, and both together make up one whole.

All thoughts, all passions, all delights Whatever stirs this mortal frame All are but ministers of Love And feed His sacred flame.

Woe to the man whose heart has not learned while young to hope, to love - and to put its trust in life.

Love builds bridges where there are none.

Absence is to love what wind is to fire; it extinguishes the small, it enkindles the great.

We are all born for love. It is the principle of existence, and its only end.

Come live with me, and be my love, And we will some new pleasures prove Of golden sands, and crystal brooks, With silken lines, and silver hooks.
You will find as you look back upon your life that the moments when you have truly lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love.

The hardest of all is learning to be a well of affection, and not a fountain; to show them we love them not when we feel like it, but when they do.

In love the paradox occurs that two beings become one and yet remain two.
Where there is love there is life.

Life without love is like a tree without blossoms or fruit.

Looking back, I have this to regret, that too often when I loved, I did not say so.

There is only one terminal dignity -- love.

The supreme happiness in life is the conviction that we are loved -- loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.

The moment you have in your heart this extraordinary thing called love and feel the depth, the delight, the ecstasy of it, you will discover that for you the world is transformed.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage.

The cure for all ills and wrongs, the cares, the sorrows and the crimes of humanity, all lie in the one word 'love.' It is the divine vitality that everywhere produces and restores life.

Treasure the love you receive above all. It will survive long after your good health has vanished.

The only abnormality is the incapacity to love.

At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet.

There is no disguise which can hide love for long where it exists, or simulate it where it does not.

To fear love is to fear life, and those who fear life are already three parts dead.

I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it.

To fall in love is easy, even to remain in it is not difficult; our human loneliness is cause enough. But it is a hard quest worth making to find a comrade through whose steady presence one becomes steadily the person one desires to be.

"Nunc scio quit sit amor."
Lat., "Now I know what love is."
-Virgil

Suddar
posted 10-07-2003 12:04:18 AM
I think you're doomed.

I mean, no offense or anything. But yeah.

[ 10-07-2003: Message edited by: Suddar ]

OtakuPenguin
posted 10-07-2003 12:06:03 AM
quote:
Suddar painfully thought these words up:
I think you're doomed.

Zeke
I am a vampire and
posted 10-07-2003 12:06:24 AM
quote:
OtakuPenguin had this to say about dark elf butts:
but, after catching flak from EVERYONE about Nikki and I, I have HAD IT.

?

quote:
You need to create interest via another route. Either by jealousy, by working out or whatever it takes to become more attractive, or by just giving her space and living your own life and hoping that she comes around.

Yeah, I've begun to work out and also took a vow of pacifism before I ever even told her how I felt. Currently, it's been about 3 weeks since I said anything about it and, while it's hell, I've dealt with it by thinking of the good that may come.

OtakuPenguin
posted 10-07-2003 12:08:16 AM
quote:
Zeke the Final Fencer had this to say about dark elf butts:
Yeah, I've begun to work out and also took a vow of pacifism before I ever even told her how I felt. Currently, it's been about 3 weeks since I said anything about it and, while it's hell, I've dealt with it by thinking of the good that may come.

Not everyone here.

Everyone in the real world. As in, Parents, Bosses, Friends, etc..

Zeke
I am a vampire and
posted 10-07-2003 12:09:35 AM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when OtakuPenguin wrote:
Not everyone here.

Everyone in the real world. As in, Parents, Bosses, Friends, etc..

I still have no idea what you're talking about.

OtakuPenguin
posted 10-07-2003 12:11:19 AM
quote:
Zeke the Final Fencer thought about the meaning of life:
I still have no idea what you're talking about.

Nikki is the name of my girlfriend...I am a teenager..."catching flak" is a metaphor...

Am I not speaking English?

Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 10-07-2003 12:12:00 AM
quote:
Suddar had this to say about Punky Brewster:
I think you're doomed.

I agree with Mr. Emo.

Zeke
I am a vampire and
posted 10-07-2003 12:15:10 AM
quote:
OtakuPenguin impressed everyone with:
Nikki is the name of my girlfriend...I am a teenager..."catching flak" is a metaphor...

Am I not speaking English?

It's moreso that I have virtually no knowledge about you as I have just recently joined the boards and was not exactly a long time reader beforehand. As such, I was curious as to your situation and also wondered if Nikki was someone from the board as well.

And also no, I had never heard the word flak used as such until now.

OtakuPenguin
posted 10-07-2003 12:18:59 AM
quote:
Zeke the Final Fencer attempted to be funny by writing:
It's moreso that I have virtually no knowledge about you as I have just recently joined the boards and was not exactly a long time reader beforehand. As such, I was curious as to your situation and also wondered if Nikki was someone from the board as well.

And also no, I had never heard the word flak used as such until now.

She's Archer Penguin.

Used to post a little.

Zeke
I am a vampire and
posted 10-07-2003 12:20:08 AM
Ah I see. Well, I'm gonna go search for Archer Penguin now, check back in a few.
Drakkenmaw
Crunchy, tastes good with ketchup
posted 10-07-2003 12:21:13 AM
You're really not doing yourself any favours asking us. We're not some giant collective Cassanova.

But, for what it's worth: you're overanalyzing. The more you try to scheme and plan and "find a way into her heart," the more you're setting yourself up for catastrophic failure.

Romance never blossomed from a twelve-step plan. If the direct approach will fail, everything else tends to edge more and more towards wasted effort. If she doesn't appreciate you for who you ARE, it's empty to make yourself someone else just for her.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 10-07-2003 12:50:04 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You are so fucked.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: