EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Advice?
Lenlalron Flameblaster
posted 09-19-2003 06:16:37 PM
For homesickness.

College is good, btw

[ 09-19-2003: Message edited by: Lenlalron Flameblaster ]

Grammar is your enemy! - While being able to understand someone's sentences might seem like a good idea for a proper essay, complaining on a forum scarcely leaves time for such trivialities. Write fast! You're angry, grrr! Make that show, and forget about things like capital letters, punctuation, and verbs.
Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 09-19-2003 06:18:36 PM
There is no good advice. Just rough it out. Do something fun to take your mind off it.

Time was never on my side.
So on I wait my whole lifetime.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 09-19-2003 06:21:14 PM
quote:
Black had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
There is no good advice. Just rough it out. Do something fun to take your mind off it.

yup. try to forget you arent at home.

Ares
posted 09-19-2003 06:21:54 PM
Phone, e-mail do whatever you can to keep in touch.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 09-19-2003 06:23:38 PM
Mortay's advice corner says: Stop being such a wimp.
Ryuujin
posted 09-19-2003 06:29:36 PM
They say home is where the heart is, so, cut out your heart and duct tape it to your computer.

Skaw

Ares
posted 09-19-2003 06:31:46 PM
quote:
Kahuna Ryuu had this to say about Punky Brewster:
They say home is where the heart is, so, cut out your heart and duct tape it to your computer.

Skaw

That actually made me laugh.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 09-19-2003 09:05:05 PM
1. How far away is home?

2. Easiest way to combat it is go home. But unfortunately, that's not the best approach. You start looking forward to going home more and more and going back less and less. The best way to get over it is stay away from home for at least four weeks or until your first vacation, whichever comes first. If you can stand being away for that long, then you know you can do it again. In the interim, you should set aside specific times to call home, like, say Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday nights at 9:30 PM. Or whatever. If you make calling home part of your routine, then your routine will seem less alien.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Paul The Fun Drunk
Pancake
posted 09-19-2003 10:20:48 PM
Sex
Canadian Mountee
Rumble Pak+FMV Sequence=FUN!
posted 09-19-2003 11:49:59 PM
quote:
This one time, at Paul The Fun Drunk camp:
Sex
The World is Yours
Lenlalron Flameblaster
posted 09-19-2003 11:55:13 PM
Halfway Across the nation, Karnaj. I'm not feeling it yet (Cool roomates and stuff like that) but I imagine it'll hit some time.
Grammar is your enemy! - While being able to understand someone's sentences might seem like a good idea for a proper essay, complaining on a forum scarcely leaves time for such trivialities. Write fast! You're angry, grrr! Make that show, and forget about things like capital letters, punctuation, and verbs.
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 09-20-2003 03:06:51 AM
quote:
Quoth Mortious:
Mortay's advice corner says: Stop being such a wimp.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Valso the WhiteDragon
Pancake
posted 09-20-2003 11:38:55 AM
Soon enough, your life will be so busy that you hardly realize your not home anymore... Plus, I always had the joy of "Hey, your home. Want to do some work while your hear?"

You can still call/email them to keep in touch.

Azrael Heavenblade
Damn Dirty Godmoder
posted 09-20-2003 02:28:35 PM
Well, I'm at college entirely across the nation, so the best advice I can give is to repeat that you need to get your mind off it. If you just started, you're soon to be buried in work, if you're not, do something with your roommate, go out and make some friends, exercise at the sports center, play video games until 3AM...whatever.

For me, I guess I had it easier, having moved around so much has made it very easy for me to adapt to a new locale, but eventually you'll get used to it. Just don't think about it that you're alone, but that you're now with a whole bunch of people, most of whom are on the same mental level as you, and some who will undoubtably share many of your interests.

"The basic tool for manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them." - Philip K. Dick
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: