EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: DLing music
Ace in the Spade
Pancake
posted 08-22-2003 09:36:19 PM
I'm looking to expand my music collection and was wondering which program I should use to dowload my music and why that one is good.
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.
Nina
posted 08-22-2003 09:40:22 PM
Mog 1.0
Pancake
posted 08-22-2003 10:05:38 PM
Kaaza Lite
Iulius Czar
Pancake
posted 08-22-2003 10:06:28 PM
Fair warning: the issue of downloading music is a much-troubled topic on EC, waking old arguments that should be left where they lie.

I will mention that as a matter of general interest Kazaa appears to have the most users/files, and Kazaa Lite will generally keep spyware from being installed on your machine in the process. Find the links on your own.

Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 08-22-2003 10:58:02 PM
quote:
Verily, Iulius Czar doth proclaim:
Fair warning: the issue of downloading music is a much-troubled topic on EC, waking old arguments that should be left where they lie.

I will mention that as a matter of general interest Kazaa appears to have the most users/files, and Kazaa Lite will generally keep spyware from being installed on your machine in the process. Find the links on your own.

Translation: In the prison of EC, downloading music is like dropping a huge bar of soap.

My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Nina
posted 08-22-2003 11:07:23 PM
With neon lights pointing to you.
Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 08-22-2003 11:56:22 PM
quote:
Ace in the Spade thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
I'm looking to expand my music collection and was wondering which program I should use to dowload my music and why that one is good.

http://www.buymusic.com/

I sugguest it because you won't break laws.

[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
Iulius Czar
Pancake
posted 08-23-2003 12:09:28 AM
Take a look at the shoutcast stations on winamp.com. They've got one of just about everything. Also for stations playing public domain works, you can make spiffy mp3 copies of the songs using StreamRipper.
Valso the WhiteDragon
Pancake
posted 08-23-2003 12:42:57 AM
Personally I would stay away from the main stream Morphous, Kazaa and such. They are more prone to faked songs and possible RIAA actions (I assume).

If you would like others, look into Limewire as one choice.

Alek
Not The Rapist
posted 08-23-2003 12:48:19 AM
What about Bit Torrent?
"Love wisdom, and she will make you great. Embrace her, and she will bring you honour. She will be your crowning glory."
-Proverbs 4:8-9
Blindy
Roll for initiative, Monkey Boy!
posted 08-23-2003 07:40:23 PM
http://www.shareaza.com

you can thank me later.

On a plane ride, the more it shakes,
The more I have to let go.
Mog 1.0
Pancake
posted 08-23-2003 11:46:50 PM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Absolut Blindy:
http://www.shareaza.com

you can thank me later.

THANKYOU!

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 08-24-2003 12:16:48 AM
I suggest using Kazaa, because it comes with so many free extras.
I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: