EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: IM programs killing cinema revenues?
Mod
Pancake
posted 08-19-2003 09:38:20 PM
Well they seem to be getting closer to the real problem one step at a time.
Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
Suddar
posted 08-19-2003 09:42:59 PM
Yes, now maybe they can find the route of the problems which is the movies suck.
diadem
eet bugz
posted 08-19-2003 09:45:20 PM
i fail to see the problem in this except..

quote:

As Arnold Schwarzenegger himself might say, hasta la vista, baby.

Why must they make us hate them so? the aritcle started off so nice..
play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
Bummey the Fool
Prefers to play with men
posted 08-19-2003 09:46:19 PM
It's amazing how they shift the blame from the shitty movie to the kids.

[ 08-19-2003: Message edited by: Bummey the Fool ]

Bricktop
Old and Gay
posted 08-19-2003 09:54:49 PM
I stopped reading right about here:

quote:
No, the executives are not blaming such bombs as The Hulk, Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle or Gigli on poor quality, lack of originality, or general failure to entertain.

Whether you liked the Hulk or not, any article that tries to compare a movie that made about 140 million(And then called it a "bomb") at the box office to Charlie's Angles 2 and Gigli should be immediately ignored and the writer have his pen taken away.

A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent.
Iulius Czar
Pancake
posted 08-19-2003 10:36:29 PM
<half sarcasm>
  Let's sue the kids for lost potential profits.
</half sarcasm>
KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 08-19-2003 11:35:31 PM
yeah... like movie critics on tv and the news havent been telling us for years how bad a movie is. sure.. lets blame the internet once again.
Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Hireko
Kill a fish before breakfast each day
posted 08-20-2003 12:21:53 PM
I was under the impression that what they meant by "text messaging" was the cell phone feature, not internet chat.
Those who dance are thought insane by those who can't hear the music.
Valso the WhiteDragon
Pancake
posted 08-20-2003 02:56:23 PM
Wow, can't believe that they want to blame IM/internet.

If anything, I am glad for IM/internet. Now, instead of going to an opening weekend show, even if it looks like crap with the hope it isn't, I can just skip it all together knowing well enough... it was crap. Almost the same satisfaction, but a lot cheaper

[ 08-20-2003: Message edited by: Valso the WhiteDragon ]

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: