EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Betcha the astrologers didn't see this one coming!
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 08-18-2003 11:31:35 PM
British scientists debunk astrology in 45 year study
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 08-18-2003 11:33:51 PM
quote:
Roy Gillett, the president of the Astrological Association of Great Britain, said the study's findings should be treated "with extreme caution" and accused Mr. Dean of seeking to "discredit astrology."

Well duh.

sigeA ihpleD
.raewrednu ruoy tuoba gnihtynA .gnihtyna em ksA .elcaro ehT .thgir s'tahT .ihpleD
posted 08-18-2003 11:36:40 PM
www.humorscope.com

It's uncannily accurate.

[ 08-18-2003: Message edited by: sigeA ihpleD ]

.tniop doog ylriaf a edam ihpleD :hteD
.tniop yreve no tcerroc %001 si ihpleD :suiraD
Mog 1.0
Pancake
posted 08-18-2003 11:41:58 PM
I find it high-larious how at the bottoom of thepage disprooving astrology is a link selling astrology software
Maradon!
posted 08-18-2003 11:58:43 PM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Veruca Salt booooze lime pole over bench lick:
Well duh.

On the contrary!

They aren't seeking to discredit astrology, they have discredited astrology.

But then anyone with a RATIONAL MIND BORN IN THE 1900'S did the same thing long ago.

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 08-19-2003 06:25:48 AM
Shut down.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 08-19-2003 09:16:14 AM
Well, duh.

I cannot believe that some believed in Astrology in the first place.
But then, we have a plenthora of religions on this planet, worshipping old men sitting on some random clouds.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
diadem
eet bugz
posted 08-19-2003 10:14:39 AM
as much as i have against astrology, they kinda forogt to do one thing - find a large random group of people that were born at diffrent times/years and compare their similairites to those who weren't.

Without a comparson if a base case, you really don't have a complete study. Who knows, maybe the way soceity is structured during a certain time period would change behavior as well.. which though it would support astrology , it would actully also help provide some useful data on sociology and the like. Just a thought though.

(Actully, from a scientific standpoint, even if they used a base case and it proved to be true, it wouldn't credit astrology. if a is true and b is true, that doesn't mean a implys b)

[ 08-19-2003: Message edited by: diadem ]

play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: