EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: PS2 LCD Screens.
Alaan
posted 08-12-2003 01:17:52 PM
I've been thinking about picking up one of the screens that snaps onto the PS2 since my family takes some long road trips with our trailer. So I was wondering if any of you have used one and have any suggestions for one. Price is fairly important to me, but I have no clue what they generally go for.
Nina
posted 08-12-2003 01:18:39 PM
I think you're thinking about the PSOne here.
Alaan
posted 08-12-2003 01:20:55 PM
I could sware I've seen them around for PS2.

Edit: Just googled it and yes, they do exist. Easier to get suggestions from you guys than google though.

[ 08-12-2003: Message edited by: Alaan ]

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 08-12-2003 01:23:33 PM
quote:
Alaan had this to say about (_|_):
I could sware I've seen them around for PS2.

There are ones for the PS2, and the Gamecube as well. They're made by a third party, not Sony or Nintendo.

I've never actually tried one or seen it in action, so I can't say how good they are.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 08-12-2003 01:25:04 PM
Most of the screens I see range from 150ish to 200 dollars.
Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Alaan
posted 08-12-2003 01:33:18 PM
If I'm willing to risk it, seems like they go for ~$100 on eBay. Any clue how a PS2 handles being moved around anyway?
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 08-12-2003 01:34:49 PM
quote:
Alaan had this to say about Robocop:
If I'm willing to risk it, seems like they go for ~$100 on eBay. Any clue how a PS2 handles being moved around anyway?

Just don't drop it.

Ace in the Spade
Pancake
posted 08-12-2003 01:41:38 PM
I used to work in a video game store and I never saw the PS2 screens being carried. We did have PS1 and Xbox screens, the PS1 screen is pretty small and great color, not the best sound though. The PS1 and xbox screens run for around 100, so Id think the PS2 would be in that range to slightly higher. You'd most likely will have to order it, because finding it in a store is pretty rare.
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 08-12-2003 01:52:08 PM
The local Game Crazy has Game Cube screens for $150 and they look pretty good.
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
MorbId
Pancake
posted 08-12-2003 01:53:18 PM
I recall seeing some Mad Catz ones at Circuit City while on vacation.
Demos
Pancake
posted 08-12-2003 01:59:13 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Ace in the Spade was all like:
The PS1 and xbox screens run for around 100, so Id think the PS2 would be in that range to slightly higher.

Since XBOX IS HUGE LOL, I'd hate to see the size of the screen.

Seriously, there's just something not right about a portable X-box.

X-Box : portable :: Oil : water

"Jesus saves, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich."
Bummey the Fool
Prefers to play with men
posted 08-12-2003 03:01:23 PM
The screens are TINY! I played on a gamecube one while I was in arizona and couldn't see a fucking thing.
Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 08-12-2003 03:27:11 PM
You'd think they could make one screen for most systems since they all seem to use the standard AV cable nowadays. Why wouldn't a regular PS1 screen work with a PS2?
My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Burger
BANNED!
posted 08-12-2003 03:39:29 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Rodent King was all like:
You'd think they could make one screen for most systems since they all seem to use the standard AV cable nowadays. Why wouldn't a regular PS1 screen work with a PS2?

the screens physically snap onto the console. And the mounting points on a PSone are different than the mounting points on a PS2..... it will work, it just won't stay on.

Bite me.

No, Really. Bite me.

Cripcookie
Pancake
posted 08-12-2003 03:57:13 PM
My brother has one.
It is decent for trips but is no where near the quality of a TV would bring.
By Jeff Heard. Lindon, UT - The SCO Group announced the launch of a
campaign to shoot 1% of all babies born in the US.
Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 08-12-2003 07:38:34 PM
There is one for Xbox.. hehe

I don't have one, but I have toted my xbox to a variety of getogethers.

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 08-12-2003 07:57:25 PM
The Toys R Us I used to work at has PSOne, PS2, XBox, and Gamecubes all hooked up to LCD screens and on display.

The XBox screen isn't really any bigger than any of the others. It just has bigger speakers.

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piƱa coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: