EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Working on Saturdays....
Pesco
Is a copyright of Peachis. Don't underestimate his pants, either.
posted 07-19-2003 01:32:19 PM
Is one of the most annoying things on the planet when you work for a bank. Sundays are even worse. That is all.
Sean
posted 07-19-2003 01:35:21 PM
How do you work on the weekends at a bank?

I mean.. they aren't even open..

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Pesco
posted 07-19-2003 01:42:06 PM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Sean wrote:
How do you work on the weekends at a bank?

I mean.. they aren't even open..

The bank I work for is the only bank in the United States that is open 24 hours / 7 days a week. We have 4 branchs that do that. Our "In Store" Branches are open every day but they close at various times. The free standing branches are open Monday - Saturday.

Gydyon
Yes, I am a lawyer. No you can't sue them for that. Shut up, or I'll have your legs broken.
posted 07-19-2003 01:46:06 PM
I HATE WORKING ON SATURDAYS I AM GOE MAD AHIAJHDLSHLSHRIHELKJG<MN<>MN
Gydyon
Evercrest Lawyer

Thinking about your posts
(and billing you for it) since 2001

leckzilla!
Squeak!
posted 07-19-2003 02:10:50 PM
Working Saturday nights can be hazardous to your social life. *puts on her work shirt and stomps out the door...*
Pesco
posted 07-19-2003 02:13:57 PM
quote:
leckzilla! had this to say about Robocop:
Working Saturday nights can be hazardous to your social life. *puts on her work shirt and stomps out the door...*

Yes.. it does... Except currently my social life is several states away

Can I post in a thread without making reference to Tamara? Only time will tell!

Burger
BANNED!
posted 07-19-2003 02:23:08 PM
quote:
leckzilla! painfully thought these words up:

working mornings can be almost as bad...

I've worked 7-3 for the past three weeks straight, every day. Which means up by 6, so I can be here at 6:30 - 6:45

it sucks.

Bite me.

No, Really. Bite me.

Canadian Mountee
Rumble Pak+FMV Sequence=FUN!
posted 07-19-2003 02:26:50 PM
quote:
Burger had this to say about pies:
working mornings can be almost as bad...

I've worked 7-3 for the past three weeks straight, every day. Which means up by 6, so I can be here at 6:30 - 6:45

it sucks.

Story of my life.

The World is Yours
Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 07-19-2003 02:30:42 PM
*remembers the saturdays she worked from 10am to 10:30pm*

Who ever invented working on weekends should be shot.

I mean, common, weekends were ment for relaxing and having fun.

Peach
Good intentions? Or *bad* intentions?
posted 07-19-2003 05:12:04 PM
*is at work, too*

la la la

Ares
posted 07-19-2003 05:14:34 PM
Mr. Parcelan
posted 07-19-2003 08:52:40 PM
Losers. You don't know weekend work until you work in a bar. Then comes the time when I get to listen to all of you working schmucks tell me all about your terrible days.

Fags.

Pesco
posted 07-19-2003 08:55:24 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan spewed forth this undeniable truth:
Losers. You don't know weekend work until you work in a bar. Then comes the time when I get to listen to all of you working schmucks tell me all about your terrible days.

Fags.

You're right... I guess the fact that some of us have had to deal with the drunkards after they leave the bars on weekends and during "Dry" Hours of the day means nothing

Mr. Parcelan
posted 07-19-2003 08:58:35 PM
quote:
Pesco had this to say about the Spice Girls:
You're right... I guess the fact that some of us have had to deal with the drunkards after they leave the bars on weekends and during "Dry" Hours of the day means nothing

Let's compare drunkard experiences. I guarantee you I'll win.

Pesco
posted 07-19-2003 09:04:11 PM
Dude walks into the store with his buddy. They goto the Floral section of the store and stare at the roses for a few minutes. After they finally decide to open the case, they attempt to grab a rose. Once finally accomplishing said task, they make their way to my register. The dude stumbles up as his buddy walks to the other side of the counter apparently getting ready for said rose to come down the belt for him to sack into a bag. Then... it happens.

The guy with the rose drops it. He stands there for a few seconds before actually realizing that he dropped the rose. With petals all over the floor and no longer on the rose, he picks it up and utters the following:

"Do you think she will notice?"
"Um, no....", I replied.

At that point he purchases said rose and stumbles out to his car with the stem. I could hear the words "Good, she wont be mad at me now" as he leaves.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 07-19-2003 09:07:30 PM
I've told this to a few in IRC, but what the hey, it's still good.

There's this guy dancing with another guy's girlfriend. The other guy has had a little too much and gets royally pissed. He walks up and smashed his pint glass into the dude's face.

The dude's eye just about explodes at the same time the glass cuts into the other guy's wrist and there's a huge wave of blood spurting from the scene.

But that's not my trump card.

Pesco
posted 07-19-2003 09:12:09 PM
I've had a few other funny ones, but most of them are just angry customers that cannot get their alcohol. Lead to some fun shouting matches and some where I was actually forced to wait upwards of 15 minutes for the Dry Time to end before I could sell them to alcohol.

Ofcourse.. it is always fun to watch what drunks buy... Granted, sometimes you get the same weird combos when sober people come through.

(Use your imagination)

Lenlalron Flameblaster
posted 07-19-2003 09:28:14 PM
I get up at 5 AM to work.

Woohoo!

Grammar is your enemy! - While being able to understand someone's sentences might seem like a good idea for a proper essay, complaining on a forum scarcely leaves time for such trivialities. Write fast! You're angry, grrr! Make that show, and forget about things like capital letters, punctuation, and verbs.
Mog
not really a mmembe rof tis boered
posted 07-19-2003 11:48:27 PM
randomd runk sotry1

iw asnt their, but ive hear d this storf rom soemoen sat shcool way more tiems then it needs hearing

he was with his family at soem restrount/bar thing, they where a bucnh of gys dancing and singing and all aorudncelabating, so he was all "what ae you celeberating?" adn theyw here all "SUNDAY!"

nto very good at all, but me tired so fuck off

Regret calamities if you can thereby help the sufferer; if not, attend to your own work and allready the evil begins to be repaired
- Self Rreliance
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: