EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Web design question
very important poster
a sweet title
posted 07-18-2003 11:09:53 PM
How do you make borders like the ones at say, WOW Warcry? Is it all Photoshop or is there a way to make them do that clientside?
hey
Iulius Czar
Pancake
posted 07-18-2003 11:19:49 PM
It's all images. What you're seeing is oodles of carefully laid out tables--I hope they had some tool to help them write it.
Pesco
Is a copyright of Peachis. Don't underestimate his pants, either.
posted 07-18-2003 11:23:48 PM
Tables my good man...

Cells that form the border around the content.

Peach
Good intentions? Or *bad* intentions?
posted 07-18-2003 11:27:02 PM
View Source is your friend...
Synjari
Warrior Princess
Cookie Seraphim!
posted 07-19-2003 11:50:36 AM
View source is
"Villiany wears many masks, none of which are more dangerous than virtue." - "Sleepy Hollow"
MadCat the 2nd
Pancake
posted 07-19-2003 06:40:12 PM
Cascading Style Sheets are your friend too

But yeah from the looks of the site, the table that holds all the content is fit inside another table that just has the borders set up (images, so you get 3 colums, 3 rows, and the top/bottom/left/right and corner cells have the images in them) - fun stuff

"Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that motherfucker upside the head."

ben(at)netmastering(dot)nl

very important poster
a sweet title
posted 07-19-2003 06:57:50 PM
I did it with tables/cells, I was just wondering if there was a clientside way to make them do that without making the site heavier
hey
MadCat the 2nd
Pancake
posted 07-19-2003 09:09:36 PM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Jens said this:
I did it with tables/cells, I was just wondering if there was a clientside way to make them do that without making the site heavier

Naw, just install mod_gzip and you'll cut data transfer in half

"Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that motherfucker upside the head."

ben(at)netmastering(dot)nl

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: