EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: FUCKING NO! GOD DAMN IT NO!
Pesco
Is a copyright of Peachis. Don't underestimate his pants, either.
posted 07-17-2003 07:41:20 PM
Tam just called.. Or better yet tried to call. Everytime I picked up the phone I couldnt hear her but she could hear me. After 25 some off minutes of trying she finally got a phone that worked. We got 3 minutes to talk.

She sounds so tired. She was crying, probably because she could here me but I couldnt hear her. It felt good to hear her voice though.

I just want to go save her. She says she doesnt think she will pass the PT Tests. I want to reassure her but I cant. THE GOD DAMN RDCS MADE HER STOP. 3 minutes... all because of phone issues. Why cant they give her the time back. Why cant they just let us talk for those 25 minutes that they took from us.

God damn it... no. I cant talk to her and I cant save her.

KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 07-17-2003 07:53:10 PM
Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 07-17-2003 08:15:24 PM
The same thing happened when my brother was in basic training, the phones crapped out for ten minutes but it was still counted on his 'phone time'.

Varagon
Pancake
posted 07-17-2003 08:36:51 PM
quote:
KaLourin was naked while typing this:

Just remember that it will be over, no harm will be permanent.

nnioR~

[ 07-17-2003: Message edited by: Time Dissected ]

[ F A I L U R E ]
So what, pop is dead,
It's no great loss.
So many face lifts, his face flew off.
The emperor really has no clothes on, and his skin is pealing off.
Abbikat
Tastes best with pudding
posted 07-17-2003 09:32:44 PM
quote:
Pesco had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
She says she doesnt think she will pass the PT Tests.

What makes her think this?

I'm sure 'sage or Callalron could confirm this but as far as I know (which aint first hand, just what I've been told) it's pretty much impossible to fail the PT Tests for Boot Camp.

Btw, what is her mail addy so I can write her (and how long does she have left until boot is done)?

Were-Tigress Disciple of Lycanthropy
Perma-lowbie, addicted to MMORPGs
My LiveJournal

Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 07-18-2003 12:52:57 AM
That so-called busted phone sounds to me like just another bit of Basic Training bullshit to break the will of the recruit so they'll be able to be remolded in the image that the Navy wants.

Errr... Pardon the swearing. I have a personal low opinion of the military's system. Don't particularly mind the military itself, it's just a conflict of my views against the military views.

I'm so sorry to hear about that shit getting to both of you. Just know it'll get much better once she gets done with it.

Peter
Pancake
posted 07-18-2003 01:06:22 AM
quote:
Abbikat's fortune cookie read:
I'm sure 'sage or Callalron could confirm this but as far as I know (which aint first hand, just what I've been told) it's pretty much impossible to fail the PT Tests for Boot Camp.

It is hard to, cause the way they set it up is that anyone going in should be able to go through the PT training, all that is needed is a will to do it,or so it has been told to me. Though Azakias has a swimming requirment that I don't belive the other branches have.

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 07-18-2003 01:14:48 AM
If she dosn't quit she will pass. This isn't the Seals we are talking about. All it takes is for her to learn what her true potential is. That is the trick to basic, all your life you say to yourself "I can't do that" when infact you can you only have to push through the pain and it comes easily.
Emily
Why's everybody always hittin on me?
posted 07-18-2003 01:19:22 AM
I'm sorry Pesco. She'll be all right, though, she's a tough one.
Should've done something, but I've done it enough
By the way your hands were shaking
Rather waste some time with you

Should've said something, but I've said it enough
By the way my words were faded
Rather waste some time with you...

Niklas
hay guys whats going on in this title?
posted 07-18-2003 06:02:01 AM
Oh crap

Could we have her e-mail or something? I want to send something. (if she has access to the 'net that is..)

Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 07-18-2003 07:33:01 AM
Email in Basic? O_o I doubt it.
I do however believe that we cqan send her letters. If pesco would be so kind as to post that address I think may of us That don't already have it (me included) would write her.

[ 07-18-2003: Message edited by: Azizza ]

"Pacifism is a privilege of the protected"
Niklas
hay guys whats going on in this title?
posted 07-18-2003 10:15:48 AM
I'm off to italy in half an hour so that wouldn't help me Oh well.

Send her my best wishes, all.

Peach
Good intentions? Or *bad* intentions?
posted 07-18-2003 10:30:35 AM
The phone cutting out is an old trick.

I'm sorry PescoPesco.

I'm sending Tam positive thoughts.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 07-18-2003 02:31:43 PM
It's all up to her, now. She can do it.

Keep reminding her.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 07-18-2003 07:17:35 PM
*comforts* She'll be ok. Just keep things possitive for her. It'll be over soon hun.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 07-18-2003 08:10:39 PM
My buddy is in the Marines. He had this to say about Boot Camp: "You know all that tearing you down and rebuilding you stuff? Bullshit. All they do is tear you down."
Pesco
posted 07-18-2003 08:29:03 PM
quote:
Bloodsage had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
It's all up to her, now. She can do it.

Keep reminding her.

Every letter starts and ends with "I know you can beat this."

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 07-18-2003 08:34:16 PM
Got a question.
Why exactly is she doing this? Is it something like a dream job for her?

Anyway, best wishes, I'm sure she can pull through this.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Pesco
posted 07-18-2003 08:38:25 PM
quote:
Tarquinn had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
Got a question.
Why exactly is she doing this? Is it something like a dream job for her?

Anyway, best wishes, I'm sure she can pull through this.

She's always wanted to be in the military. She grew up military and dreams of one day being a Master Chief. A very big figure from her childhood was her Master Chief in Navy JROTC.

Koosh Man
Pancake
posted 07-18-2003 08:46:18 PM
I want to be the Master Chief, too.

He's certainly a very big figure from MY childhood.

[ 07-18-2003: Message edited by: Koosh Man ]

Arrenn Lightblade
Yes. Yes he is.
posted 07-18-2003 09:50:56 PM
Was this her first call home, or have there been others? I remember my brother's first call home was 3 minutes(I think.) He had time to tell us hi, he is ok and then his address.
Pesco
posted 07-18-2003 09:59:08 PM
quote:
This one time, at Arrenn Lightblade camp:
Was this her first call home, or have there been others? I remember my brother's first call home was 3 minutes(I think.) He had time to tell us hi, he is ok and then his address.

This was the first "Reward" call. She also got a 2 minute call when she got there to tell me she was OK.

Arrenn Lightblade
Yes. Yes he is.
posted 07-18-2003 11:26:53 PM
Well, just do your best to help her through. I don't know how it is with her, but my brother only got one or two calls in basic. After that, though, things got much better. Only other time than basic when he didn't get to call was survival training. Hell, right now he has a cable connection.
Cebreu
Pancake
posted 07-19-2003 01:19:24 AM
I graduated Air Force BMT April 18, so it's kind of fresh in my mind. The phones are always broken, it really is one of those things they use to kind of add stress to the situation. I knew people who never got to use the phone all of basic.
About the PC evals- if she shows heart, and gets close, they will most likely give it to her. I knew people who missed it by almost a minute, but they had a great spirit and somehow the time "dropped." Basic seems like the most stressful, horrible thing at the time, but afterward you realize how simple and easy it was. Tell her to keep in mind her reasons for going, and she'll come out fine, and a better person for it.
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 07-19-2003 07:53:37 AM
quote:
Cebreu had this to say about John Romero:
I graduated Air Force BMT April 18, so it's kind of fresh in my mind. The phones are always broken, it really is one of those things they use to kind of add stress to the situation. I knew people who never got to use the phone all of basic.
About the PC evals- if she shows heart, and gets close, they will most likely give it to her. I knew people who missed it by almost a minute, but they had a great spirit and somehow the time "dropped." Basic seems like the most stressful, horrible thing at the time, but afterward you realize how simple and easy it was. Tell her to keep in mind her reasons for going, and she'll come out fine, and a better person for it.

So... you're saying it actually becomes worse?

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Nina
posted 07-19-2003 09:00:06 AM
I think he meant that it's rough while you're in it, but that afterwards you realize it's a positively enlightening experience.
Cebreu
Pancake
posted 07-19-2003 11:56:02 AM
Well, you're both right, Tier in that you are different in a good way (I think) afterward, and Tarquinn in that military life does get harder in some ways after basic training. When you are in training for your job, the knowledge you are expected to learn is quite a bit harder than what you learned in basic, not to mention that you are expected to maintain a certain level of discipline without the constant watching like you had in basic. However, there is no doubt life gets much, much better, and that far outweighs the bad.
Sorry to hijack the thread.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: