EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: ..and in the 3rd layer of hell...
diadem
eet bugz
posted 06-30-2003 04:03:30 PM
http://news.excite.com/odd/article/id/337069|oddlyenough|06-30-2003::09:08|reuters.html

gives me shivers just thinking about it

play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
Ryuujin
posted 06-30-2003 04:06:22 PM
She deserves every penny.
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 06-30-2003 04:07:14 PM
Ya, read it this morning. It's horrible.

THe hospital offered her 5,000.00€ for her pains. She didn't accept that and is sueing for 70,000.00€ now.

If this would have happened in the states I assume she would never have to work again or could buy her own helicopter to get to work.

[ 06-30-2003: Message edited by: Tarquinn ]

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Suddar
posted 06-30-2003 04:08:31 PM
She deserves every penny and then some.
KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 06-30-2003 04:11:29 PM
and this is why i dread the notion of any type of invasive surgery being done. I can't stand the sight of my own blood, and seeing myself flayed open and a team of doctors poking around inside.. well.. the shock alone would probably kill me.
Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 06-30-2003 04:17:15 PM
*whimpers*
"Pacifism is a privilege of the protected"
Sangwyyn
Pancake
posted 06-30-2003 04:17:43 PM
What a delightful thought.
I like a look of Agony,
Because I know it’s true—
Men do not sham Convulsion,
Nor simulate, a Throe—
~Emily Dickinson
Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 06-30-2003 04:23:50 PM

gods that's just nightmarish

MadCat the 2nd
Pancake
posted 06-30-2003 04:38:50 PM
Yeah, I agree fully there KaL - considering I'm somewhat immune to most of that anasthetic crap... it was fun having my gallbladder removed, since it took them not 1, but 3 shots of hte muscle relaxant to get any noticeable effect (considering I pretty much walked to the operating room under my own power).

Doing the 'count back from 10 to 1' thing had to be repeated twice too .. third time they just said 'fuggit, just wait till you conk out'.

After surgery (which ended at noon), one is generally out cold till about 6pm, and as far as I was told, I was awake at 2pm after which I got doped up some more and ended up being up and about at 9pm heh..

"Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that motherfucker upside the head."

ben(at)netmastering(dot)nl

Talonus
Loner
posted 06-30-2003 05:21:58 PM
Even scarier, this isn't exactly an abnormal occurence either. There's been a pretty large number of cases where the machine wasn't turned on correctly, there was an incorrect dosage, nothing being administered, or something just fekking up. Not a common thing, but it does happen. Pretty scary thing and that's why you have to make sure the doctor doing the surgery on you knows what they're doing.

Kal, you won't have to worry about "seeing" the operation at least. Its pretty easy to notice when a muscle relaxant isn't working, so you won't even be able to open your eyes if the anaesthetic isn't working. Pretty scary actually. Can't move *anything* while you're in extreme pain while the doc works on you. No way to indicate at all you're not asleep. She was pretty lucky that the doc noticed her crying, probably stopped the operation, and started shooting her up full of anaesthetic.

KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 06-30-2003 05:32:21 PM
you're not helping any Talonus... make me dread the operating table even more now.
Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Hireko
Kill a fish before breakfast each day
posted 06-30-2003 05:38:59 PM
I'm pretty resistant to drugs (6 liters of beer to get buzzed), and during a breast reduction woke up. That was um... fun. Yeah. Thankfully I was still a little heady from the anesthesia, so I don't remember it perfectly, and to this day it ranks only like #5 on the list of painful experiences.
Those who dance are thought insane by those who can't hear the music.
Ryouki Sensei
Pancake
posted 06-30-2003 05:51:10 PM
When I went in for Heart surgery (not open), it took them about 7 shots to get me lightheaded, the nurse kept asking the docter if she should give more.

It took around 9 hits to get me under, and then i was out for about 9 hours. I went in at 7am and woke up around 11pm.

Shadow is nothing but a distortion of light in which an object blocks its path.

If this is true, then why do we fear it?

Talonus
Loner
posted 06-30-2003 06:26:33 PM
quote:
From the book of KaLourin, chapter 3, verse 16:
you're not helping any Talonus... make me dread the operating table even more now.

Ah don't worry that much. Just make sure you have a respected doc doing the operation and you'll be fine. But hey, if it does happen at least you're a guaranteed millionaire considing the American legal system. You'll be able to buy some device to get rid of the horrible dreams you'll have for years.

Nicole
The hip-hop-happiest bunny in all of marshmallow woods
posted 06-30-2003 09:53:44 PM
I am resistant to novocaine. It lasts five minutes on me.

I have grown resistant to every stepped-up version of novocaine. They all last ten to twenty minutes on me.

Every time I go get dental work done I piss everyone off because they have to give me ultracaine which is, like, the uberest novocaine and I'm slowly growing resistant to that too. Argh.

Doctors bad. I wish white magic existed

I just spent
my last cent
purchasing this poverty.

very important poster
a sweet title
posted 06-30-2003 10:46:50 PM
Jesus fuck. >_<

I wouldn't wish that on anyone, except a few WR players and maybe Sean.

hey
Maradon!
posted 06-30-2003 10:53:49 PM
am I the only one who thinks that'd be kinda cool?

I mean, if they used local anesthetic, I could be like..."Holy SHIT that's my gall bladder! I've been using it all this time and I'd never even SEEN it!"

Cherveny
Papaya
posted 06-30-2003 10:56:44 PM
Part of the problem often is that the doctor you know has little to do with the anethsitizing. A seperate physician, an anestesiologist (sp?) handles the anestesia, thus you usually have no idea the reputation or qualifications he/she has.

Anestesiology is still an inexact science, with different drugs having different effects on different people. Thus, if you don't get a good one, you could have a bad time in the operating room.

Wierdest surgery I've ever had was my cornea transplant. I have Keratoconis (corneas slowly become more and more cone shapped). One eye became too cone shapped, and the cornea split, then re-formed with scar tissue, thus the need for surgery. What was wierd was they only gave me LOCAL anesthisa for an EYE operation. I couldn't feel anything, but god that is a terrible feeling having people putting things in your eye for an hour or so, and still half able to see through the whole procedure.

Matilda Jane
ph33r my MIRVs
posted 06-30-2003 10:58:18 PM
quote:
Bill stopped beating up furries long enough to write:

I mean, if they used local anesthetic, I could be like..."Holy SHIT that's my gall bladder! I've been using it all this time and I'd never even SEEN it!"

I want any surgeries I have taped. Next best thing and no chance of pain.

There was a signature here... it's gone now.
Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 07-01-2003 03:29:29 AM
You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory.
Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 07-01-2003 04:00:28 AM
quote:
Comrade Snoota stopped beating up furries long enough to write:

Can't stop laughing...

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 07-01-2003 06:45:01 AM
quote:
Bill had this to say about Pirotess:

Are you sure you want to know?

A disclaimer for the squeamish.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: