EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Buying used from Amazon!
Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 06-13-2003 11:15:00 PM
Anyone ever buy anything used on Amazon and had any problems with it? I know by definition everything used will be different, but does Amazon make sure what they're selling used doesn't suck?

I'm thinking of picking up the Cowboy Bebop series used off Amazon. I've downloaded nine or so from Khyron's FTP, but I'd rather have them on DVD so I could watch them on my TV.

You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory.
Y.O.T.C
No longer a Towel Girl
posted 06-13-2003 11:20:12 PM
Do a waz, get a dvd burner.
Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 06-13-2003 11:22:43 PM
quote:
This one time, at Y.O.T.G. camp:
Do a waz, get a dvd burner.

But then it'll still suck, because it's not formatted for a TV. It's all spaced out and fuzzy already maximized on my tiny monitor. I'd hate to see it on my TV, which is somewhere in the ballpark of four times the size of my monitor. Maybe closer to three, though.

You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory.
NAME TOO LONG
Pancake
posted 06-13-2003 11:31:24 PM
Once, I bought the movie "Nukie" off of Amazon.

Needless to say, it never came.

However, I have bought several other things off of Amazon, and they arrived in a timely fashion.

[ 06-13-2003: Message edited by: NAME TOO LONG ]

Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 06-14-2003 10:25:58 PM
None of you are any help what so ever.

I want of your balls to die.

U HERE ME

AL OF UR BALLS 2 DIE

Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 06-14-2003 10:37:04 PM
I've bought games and DVDs from people on the Amazon Martketplace. Never had any trouble.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 06-14-2003 10:50:55 PM
quote:
This is what Comrade Snoota is doing. This is what I want Comrade Snoota to do :
Anyone ever buy anything used on Amazon and had any problems with it? I know by definition everything used will be different, but does Amazon make sure what they're selling used doesn't suck?

Amazon doesn't really make sure what is being sold doesn't suck, but they DO have ratings for the sellers.. look for a good rating. I got Fallout and Fallout 2 that way and I've had no problems with it. Overall, I'd probably use that service again if it fit what I needed.

I now also test my new quote thing, created with some assistance from Delid.

Burger
BANNED!
posted 06-15-2003 12:36:06 AM
quote:
Bajah had this to say about Pirotess:
Amazon doesn't really make sure what is being sold doesn't suck, but they DO have ratings for the sellers.. look for a good rating. I got Fallout and Fallout 2 that way and I've had no problems with it. Overall, I'd probably use that service again if it fit what I needed.

BEST. QUOTE. LINE. EVER!

Bite me.

No, Really. Bite me.

Ni-na
Pancake
posted 06-15-2003 01:09:31 AM
quote:
Bajah probably says this to all the girls:

*laughs* Nice one.

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 06-15-2003 01:44:55 AM
I once bought a copy of Grim Fandango from Amazon, instead they sent me this little book of works by Booker T. Washington.
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Oh shi...
what
posted 06-15-2003 01:48:18 AM
Was the book better than Grim Fandango?
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 06-15-2003 01:50:06 AM
I dunno. I never played Grim Fandango nor read the book.

Since I only paid $10 for it I didn't bother trying to get it exchanged.

This was buying direct from the store, BTW. Not buying used from other people.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Gikk
SCA babe!!!
posted 06-15-2003 12:11:24 PM
I bought stuff used.

Got it all in the mail. ^_^

Error
Pancake
posted 06-15-2003 01:06:08 PM
I've bought used stuff from Amazon multiple times. I was seriously impressed...they were in mint condition and still had all the software with the books in them.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 06-15-2003 01:08:23 PM
Amazon UK is mildly amusing. 50% of the used items have their price set as MORE than the originals that Amazon is still selling.

Sometimes I don't think that people can count.

Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 06-15-2003 01:23:56 PM
Half.com specializes in used items as well, if you're into shopping around. They're kind of a split off of EBay without the auction-y bit. Ya just gotta make sure to check the seller for good, recent ratings.

[ 06-15-2003: Message edited by: Veruca Salt ]

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: