EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Late Breaking News, Final Updates!
Evercrest News Network
This.... is ENN
posted 06-06-2003 01:34:51 PM
The EC logo spins off the screen and a collection of four balls drift slowly across the screen, one after the other. Each ball has the silhouette of a four-legged animal performing some kind of movement as it drifts by. The first ball, yellow, shows the animal doing a jumping hindleg kick. The second, green, shows the animal doing a headbutt manuevar. Third, the blue circle shows the animal rearing back on what appears to be two wheels, pawing the front legs into the air. The fourth and final circle, pink, shows the hind end of the animal with the tail performing all kinds of quick movements. Soon after, a brilliantly colored title appears on the screen.

SUPER KARATE CRIPPLED DONKEYS

from Bandai

Voiceover: Raised from small pets to be an elite crime-fighting squad, they were the greatest threat to evil ever known. Unfortunately, they were caught in a major firefight and explosion while fighting an evil mastermind, crippling the use of parts of their bodies. However, their true fighting spirit carries on and they still do justice wherever there is crime! They are the Super Karate Crippled Donkeys!

A donkey jumps on the screen with a yellow sash and mask, performing multiple backwards kicks with his hindlegs.

Zephyer: I am Zephyer Swiftfoot, master of powerful kicks and the group's explosives expert. Ever since I lost my sight and hearing, I've picked up uncanny senses of taste and touch. Beware me, evil!

The screen switches to another donkey, with a green sash and mask, headbutting multiple practice dummies and shattering them with single shots.

Aury: I am Aury Steelbrain. I am the group's computer wizard and tactician. Ever since I lost half of my brain to shrapnel, I've been able to use 100% of what's left to it's fullest extent. Coupled with the steel plating in my cranium, my intellect is to be feared!

The screen switches again to a donkey in a blue sash and mask. His hind legs have been replaced by wheels, coupled with a small engine. He paws the air with his front legs and spins in precise movements with the wheels.

Fox: I am Fox d'Vinven. I'm the groups scout and quick transport. When I lost my legs, I thought it'd be over for me as I waited for the mercy shot to the head. Instead, I'm half donkey and half volvo. Let's get it on.

The screen shifts once again to the pink clad donkey. She spins her tail and blocks incoming arrows, bullets, chinese stars, anything coming towards her.

Ferrel: I'm Ferrel Quicktail. Although I became a quadraplegic statue in the blast, I still retain perfect control over my tail, which I use with precise skill. I'm also the group's leader, mainly because I'm smarter than they are and I'm female, so they do whatever I say.

The colored balls appear on the screen again, merge, then spread to the four corners of the screen as the Super Karate Crippled Donkeys logo splashes across again. Then the EC logo appears once more before returning to the newsdesk with our two anchors.

Terena: Lame Asses, like I said.

Vorago: I see your point. However, our latest story is about something very prevalent in the world today. With us via sattelite is the foremost researcher in the Evercrest community, Dr. Ja'Deth Issar Ka'Bael. Dr. Ka'Bael, are you with us?

Ja'Deth: Yes, I am here and I must say that this live feed is quite amazing. Given time and the tools, I think I could greatly improve upon your technology. I could even find a way to remove the grainy appearance from your long distance feeds. It's entirely possible that a minute amount of uranium radiation applied at crucial points in the trans-continental lines you have spread would prove to be very beneficial for communication purposes. In fact...

Vorago: Sorry to interrupt, Dr. Ka'Bael, but we're unfortunately on a time constraint. I understand you've got some important views and information for us in the field of cloning technology?

Warning - Lengthy Essay Ahead. Skip over it if you want. Just scroll down awhile.

Ja'Deth: Why yes, actually. Society has always scorned the scientific threat to people’s firm beliefs and the laws of nature. From the rejection of the heliocentric theory to the opposition of birth control, prominent institutions have constantly attempted to suppress the advancement of science. Now the prospect of human cloning is challenging people’s sacred beliefs about reproduction and life. In February of 1997 the announcement of Ian Wilmut’s successful cloning of a sheep named Dolly has revealed the possibility of cloning a mammal and ultimately a human. This success has also sparked an onslaught of moral and ethical debates about cloning. Religious bodies and lawmakers adamantly disprove the moral and ethical implications of cloning humans. These critics view the physical duplication of a person as a threat to human dignity, individuality, and rights. However, a ban on cloning would be foolish because cloning presents potentially valid medical uses while the moral and ethical implications are clearly unlikely in a modern society. In turn, a ban would actually threaten people’s right to utilize science and the valuable benefits of cloning to improve their lives. Therefore, the apparent benefits and applications of cloning prove that the government should not ban cloning in order to prevent its vague and highly speculative implications.

Ja'Deth: This widespread and controversial debate about human cloning is a result of the successful cloning of an adult cell into a fully functioning organism. Though some attempts successfully cloned plants and lower forms of life, Wilmut’s successful cloning of a mammal presents the possibility of cloning humans. The actual process of cloning produces a genetic copy or replica. The procedure Wilmut used to produce Dolly involved removing the nucleus from the adult cell of an organism and placing it into an egg that had its nucleus removed (Sternberg 2). Then scientists placed the embryo into a uterus until the mother carried the embryo to full term. The second method involves splitting the cells or blastomeres of an early multi-celled embryo before the cells have begun to differentiate (Morell 3). Each cell now has the ability to become an identical organism to the organisms created by the other separated cells. These embryo cells would also grow to full term in a surrogate uterus. Though these procedures seem apparently simple, the implications of cloning humans have provoked widespread criticisms and objections to cloning.

Ja'Deth: While many ethical concerns worry about medical risk and the use of embryos many critics and the media have focused on the danger to people’s individuality and uniqueness. The media has portrayed clones as exact carbon copies with no uniqueness or identity because a clone would be psychologically and physically identical to his or her DNA donor (Hopkins 2). A U.S. News and World Report cover features a drawing of an ink stamp pressing out thousands of crying babies. This image portrays cloning as a frightening mass production of sameness while cloning treats clones as commodities with no identity or soul. The fear of losing identity reflects people’s belief in genetic determinism where genes determine a person’s personality and behavior as well as his or her physical characteristics (Bailey 2). In this view a clone would have the same personality, thoughts, and identity as his or her predecessor. However, it is the environment that influences people’s behavior and personality (Wray 2, Lygre 46). Genes can only dictate the shape and number of neurons in the brain while the arrangement and connections of neurons determine personality, thought, and behavior. The events and experiences influence these connections in the brain and ultimately influence personality and behavior. Most humans have separate identities and unique personalities because no one possesses the same exact experiences in his or her life. Thus a clone of a parent would not be entirely identical because the greatly divergent experiences of the clone and parent would wire the clone’s mind differently than the parent. In fact, twins are more similar than clones because twins share the same uterine environment and live in the same family environment. However, even twins who grow up together have separate personalities and identities (Wray 2, Robertson 7). Clones would also be biologically different. The DNA that is inserted into another person’s host egg would pick up maternal factors from the proteins and mitochondria in the egg which would alter the embryo’s development (Bailey 2). Physiological differences between the womb of the original predecessor’s mother and the clone’s surrogate mother would also affect the clone’s development. The use of cloning poses no threat to humans’ identity and uniqueness which are impossible to replicate. Cloning would not be a threat to society, but cloning would aid society by producing more individuals with unique ideas.

Ja'Deth: While the threat to individuality and uniqueness is improbable cloning presents various possible benefits to medicine. Cloning research could cure many different diseases such as cancer. There would also be help for organ recipients and infertile couples. It is clear that cloning would provide a positive influence to medicine and physical health, and these benefits prove too valuable to eliminate cloning in order to prevent the unlikely implications. Along with the elimination of cloning’s possible problems, a ban would ultimately eliminate the possibility of improving the lives and health of humans.

Ja'Deth: An evident improvement to mankind’s health would be the possibility that scientists could clone humans in order to create organs for people in dire need of an organ transplant. Scientists would first create an embryo that would be the clone of the organ recipient. When the embryo is six weeks of age, it would have the collection of cells that form the brain, the telencephalon, removed. As a result, the clone would never be human because it would lack a brain (Kahn 3). Then the clone would grow to term in a surrogate uterus. After a Cesarean section delivery of the embryo the clone would grow to appropriate size by intravenous feeding and hormone injections. All the cloned organs would be identical to the donor’s organs because the clone would have the same genetic makeup as the DNA donor (Kahn 3). These cloned organs could successfully replace the diseased organs with no possibility of rejection (Lawern 1). Doctors could also use the telencephalon for brain cell transplants. These organs would prolong the lives of many people in need of new organs. As a result, cloning would contribute to more security and benefits to organ donation. However, a ban based on vague and speculative fears would eliminate this possibility.

Ja'Deth: Though the benefits of cloning organs would improve people’s lives, cloning organs would also present a major ethical problem. Some critics are concerned with the existence of factories that would clone humans primarily to harvest their organs (Kahn 5). If people exploit humans for their organs, cloning would be a threat to human rights and liberty. However, the cloned embryos would not truly be humans because they would lack a brain. Without the existence of a brain, emotion, thought, and intelligence, the clone would only have status as living tissue. The clone would not have a mind or a soul, so it would not have the natural rights all humans possess. These rights do not pertain to organic material with no intelligence or soul. However, abortion critics also argue that the embryos would have the possibility of becoming true humans, but doctors would take away this possibility by removing the brain (Kahn 5). It may seem unethical to deprive a clone of a mind and life, but the needs of living people clearly outweigh the ethical implications of cloning. The desire of many organ recipients to live is stronger than the possible moral implications of using embryos. Everyone deserves the right to live and sustain their his or her life. Cloning would protect this right, but a ban would take away this way to sustain life.

Ja'Deth: The aid to sustain life through cloning is also valid in the possible cures for numerous diseases such as cancer and leukemia. The stem cells of cloned embryos would have the capability of differentiating into different tissues such as muscle or skin (Weiss 2). Then scientists alter the genetic makeup of these stem cells to force the
cells to differentiate into a specific tissue needed for a patient (Mckinnell 50, Wilmut 4). This could lead to cures for diseases such as Parkinson’s disease, diabetes, and leukemia. These diseases involve a pathological process that damages specific cell populations which are unable to repair or replace themselves. Doctors could use the genetically modified stem cells taken from the patient to replace the damaged cells (Wilmut 4). The study of the differentiation of cloned stem cells could provide information about aging or the causes of cancer (Kasisser 2). While cancer involves gene mutation during the duplication of cells scientists can study the progression of genes in the duplication of cloned stem cells. This could also prove to be helpful in the study of aging because many scientists believe that gene mutation in cell reproduction or duplication causes aging (Willams 3). The effects of this new technology on medical research would be invaluable because the cure to diseases such as cancer and the answers to aging would prolong many people’s lives. Thus cloning has the potential of saving millions of lives. This significant effect proves to be far too valuable to sacrifice in order to eliminate the unlikely implications of cloning.

Ja'Deth: While cloning would save many lives the use of cloning would also aid in the creation of life. Infertile and homosexual couples would be able to use their own DNA to produce children. If the husband were the source of the DNA and the wife provided the donor egg that received the nuclear transfer, the infertile couple would have a child biologically related to each of them rather than using anonymous gamete or embryo donation (Robertson 1). New cloning technology would also prevent the transmission of genetic disease. Doctors could use advanced forms of gene therapy to treat embryos at high risk of inheriting genetic diseases such as sickle cell anemia. The modified DNA from the embryo could be transferred to eggs to create children entirely free of the genetic disease (Elmer-Dewitt 3). Therefore, cloning would promote life and fulfill the desires of many couples to have children. This advancement in reproduction would aid society by giving more people the opportunity to live and contribute to society.

Ja'Deth: However, many religious activists argue that cloning is unnatural because it separates reproduction from human sexual activity (McCormick 47). Though cloning is not natural, it is not necessarily immoral (Madigan 5). People have always carried an instinctive antipathy for anything unnatural such as nuclear power or genetically engineered plants (Madigan 5). However, unnatural and man-made objects are not necessarily bad. It is unnatural to wear clothes or fly, but clothes keep people warm while flying is efficient transportation. These man-made things prove that many unnatural things improve lives. Cloning is no exception because it aids the creation of life. A ban would only suppress life and prevent many couples from producing and raising their own children.

Ja'Deth: These religious objections are not solely based on the unnatural reproduction of cloning. Various religions claim that cloning is an attempt to defy God’s control over human life and the creation of life. However, these claims are only dogmatic pronouncements without any objective reasoning. This prejudiced thinking is apparent because people always connect morality and religion. When doubts about the morality of new scientific developments confront people, they immediately turn to their sacred writings and religious leaders for guidance. However, morality does not necessarily require God’s word. People must first determine what is moral before they decide what God believes is right. As Plato pointed out, people cannot deduce ethics from divine revelation until they first determine which of the many competing revelations are true and authentic. They must discover which revelations make moral sense. Thus morality is logically prior to religion. Religious biases are also unreliable because most religious traditions developed in ancient times under different conditions. Though some religious rules are still valid because they reflect enduring problems of civilization, other precepts lack contemporary relevance. The authors of religious texts such as the Bible and the Koran did not have the knowledge to address the problems that confront people today such as the ethics of in vitro fertilization or cloning. It is impossible to apply these religious precepts to modern society. Therefore, cloning is not necessarily wrong due to religious beliefs.

Ja'Deth: The most common religious objection is that cloning would defy God’s authority over human creation and life (Goodfield 94). The passage from the Koran, “He alone grants life and deals death, and unto Him you all must return,” serves as a reminder of God’s incomparable power (Dworkin 3). This concern over “playing God” was apparent in the debate over birth control, organ transplants, and assisted suicide. Any attempt by humans to control their destiny and shape their lives is always met with the objection that people are “playing God.” Critics claim that God intended nature to take its course without any human interference. Any defiance of nature would be a defiance of God’s authority. However, disease is a part of nature, but advancing technology helps people survive disease and improve their lives. If all humans have the right to live, they have the right to do whatever is possible to sustain their lives even though their methods defy the course of nature. Cloning would be justifiable because it also promotes and improves life by sustaining the lives of the sick and aiding reproduction. As a result, the benefits of cloning to medicine and fertility show that cloning does not usurp God’s authority but only aids life.

Ja'Deth: Though these religious criticisms are untrue and unjustified, people still believe that cloning would threaten morality and ethics. The one idea that surfaces from many criticisms is that society is treading on the edge of disaster by attempting to duplicate humans. However, objective reasoning proves that the possible implications of cloning are clearly unlikely. Cloning would not threaten people’s identity and uniqueness because clones would have unique and separate personalities from their predecessors. The use of cloned organs would not exploit clones for their organs, but cloning would enable others to sustain their lives with new organs. Though cloning would not necessarily be natural, the benefits to infertile couples and disease research would promote life. These benefits clearly outweigh the unlikely implications of cloning. As a result, it would be unfair to humans if the government eliminates these benefits in order to eliminate the unlikely problems of cloning. Cloning would enable humans to exceed their natural limitations in reproduction and health, but this advancement would not defy God’s authority over human life. If God gives people the right to live, they must also have the right to sustain and improve their lives. Scientific advancement enables people to improve their well-being and future. Advancements such as in vitro fertilization and organ transplantation raised many ethical questions, but people eventually accepted these advancements after noticing the widespread benefits to medicine and society. Cloning is no different from the scientific and technological advancements in the past because people refuse to accept the limits established by nature such as aging or disease. The medical benefits of cloning is one more way human beings have devised to overcome the constraints of the uncaring natural world (Levine 348). Therefore, the real threat to humankind is the shackling of scientific advancement and inquiry. By eliminating the unlikely implications of cloning, the government will also eliminate the invaluable benefits to medicine and society. Scientists must have the opportunity to experiment with cloning in order to find its best uses and learn from mistakes. Cloning research should be free to innovate to eventually solve the biological limitations and problems that plague humans. Humankind could rejoice in the profits of scientific and technological advancement.

Length Essay has ended!

Ja'Deth: Hello?

The camera shows Vorago and Terena, still at their desk. Terena's head has slumped to her chest and she's sleeping with slow breaths. Vorago is slumped back in his chair with the KFC bucket pulled down over his eyes and drool dripping from the side of his mouth. He is also quite asleep.

Ja'Deth: Hello, anyone there?

Ja'Deth is seen smacking the side of the camera. Vorago responds with a quick snore.

Ja'Deth: I seem to have lost the feed. Well, good night. I've got a child to look after and an angry wife. I hope my thoughts and innovative ideas are recorded for good measure and that I've opened many a mind today. Remember, to clone is to never be alone!

Ja'Deth's image winks out with a sharp beep and Vorago springs awake, his hat flying backwards to end up perfectly in place once again.

Vorago: Let's hear it for the Beatles!!

He looks around a moment, startled. He nonchalantly nudges Terena and yanks his arm back as she attempts to stab at it before she sits up, eyes still closed.

Vorago: Er, hello again, Viewers. Thank you for your input, Dr. Ka'Bael, I'm sure many people have been enlightened by your hard work and something something. We send you, our viewers, to one more sponsor before I final story for tonight.

Terena: Get me some coffee.

The scene darkens and the EC logo spins onto the screen once again.

To be continued!

The entire essay used for Dr. Deth was taken from http://www.humancloning.org/james.htm - I just used it because it was long and useful to save me a lot of typing. Thanks, James H.!

[ 06-06-2003: Message edited by: Evercrest News Network ]

NO ONE BREAKS NEWS LIKE WE DO!
Razor
posted 06-06-2003 01:41:41 PM
Good Job!!!
Astronomy is a passion...
Engineering is a love...
My job isn't a job, it's my career, and I love every minute of it: Observatory Superintendent
Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 06-06-2003 01:42:14 PM
holy shit
Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 06-06-2003 01:43:05 PM
The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 06-06-2003 02:05:04 PM

Damn man, essay ahoy!

Jajahotep
Vader to Deth's Obi-wan
posted 06-06-2003 02:16:30 PM
LOL!!

Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 06-06-2003 03:10:43 PM
[obiwan]That's no essay, that's a space station![/obiwan]
Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Aury
My hair is a deadly weapon
posted 06-06-2003 03:21:40 PM
I like green. Nice choice.
Evercrest News Network
This.... is ENN
posted 06-06-2003 05:33:49 PM
As the EC logo blinks off the screen, it is replaced by a little animated cartoon of a weak guy lifting weights, getting more and more buff with each rep of his lifting. A man walks out in front of the logo wearing a grey headband and with his chest puffed out. He speaks:

Lenlalron: Are you a nancy-boy? A weakling? A loser? Do you never get any of the chicks? Do you feel left out of all the cool things? Welcome to the club.

The man walks off the screen and his animated logo turns into a label for his business. Lenlalron's Dork Support flashes in a nice thick script on the screen before switching again to the man, this time standing before some work out equipment.

Lenlalron: Come on down to our gym and we'll work together to buff up and in the gym. Downtime will be spent in classrooms learning 'cool' lingo and phrases you can use to successfully pick up chicks. Come and learn from the masters. Our talented staff will be there for you!

He walks off the screen again and the camera pans to take in all the workout equipment. It's all so shiney and new. Then the scenery changes to show Lenlalron sitting at a large oak desk.

Lenlalron: Classes are starting soon. Be sure to sign up. And remember, I'm not just the president, I'm also a client.

Lenlalron flashes a winning smile as his face is replaced with his little workout logo, which grows to cover the screen with the Lenlalron's Dork Support title again. Which, in turn, is soon replaced by the EC logo once again, which quickly fades out to reveal our anchors once again.

Vorago: Welcome back ladies and gentlemen, for our final story for the evening. It's a classic battle between good and evil, right and wrong. A no-holds-barred slugfest between two rivals so bent on putting an end to the other no matter what. That's right, my friends, it's a Debate between political leaders Mightion and Mortious. This should be very exciting. Aren't you excited, Terena?

Terena: Overjoyed.

Vorago: Let's head over to our reporter on the scene and see what we can find out!

The scene switches to a nice layout of an auditorium with many people filling the seats. On the stage are two podium, one of which is bathed in holy light while the other emanates an unholy darkness. Standing in the foreground and facing the camera with a microphone is a rather drably dressed man with glasses and perfectly combed hair. He looks like a professor from the 50s or something - quite out of place.

Ford Prefect: Hello and welcome to the debate of the century. My name is Ford Prefect and I will be your host on this wonderful journey of excitement and insight. Today, we'll see two people battle it out with wits and charisma as they tackle issues and questions from the public eye. There's no telling where this might go and I'm so excited I might show emotion.

The crowd roars as the white light pulses and the dark light seems to implode. Standing where the lights once were are two men dressed in full platemail. The man that appeared in the white light has his armor decked out in silver and gold - he is very very reflective. The other man's armor is black and in some parts corroded. He seems to emanate a sickly green glow.

Ford Prefect: It looks like it is about to get started. Let's get a good seat and watch how this turns out.

The camera follows Ford down into the seating area and arranges itself near the front. It is a spectacular view of what looks to be a historic moment in Evercrest. An asian man walks out onto the stage and takes his place at the podium in the middle of the stage. He is wearing dark sunglasses and his podium seems to have little stickers of japanese all over it. He nods at the audience and they cheer in response.

Nem-x: uh oh

Murmurs of 'uh oh' ripple through the audience and Nem smiles.

Nem-x: lollerblades. Hey everybody! Look here, we've got Mortious and Mightion here and I'm gonna get questions from the audience and be a director and shit. I don't really do anything, I'm just here to look cool and have a bit part. Anyway, on with the debate.

Nem looks over everyone raising their hands and stops on a young man with what looks like a pair of wings folded behind him. He lowers his hand and stands up and looks at the two debaters.

Batutisz: So what's the general consensus on SARS? Will it have an effect on PlanetSide? The public wants to know!

The holy paladin pounds his fist against his podium - which creaks from the blow.

Mightion: That foul creation will be defeated! I have spent many hours tending to the sick and aiding those in need. This plague to mankind shall be brought to its knees and I shall see it removed from our populace!

Nem-x: Mort, your rebuttal?

Mortious: Teehee. It wasn't me this time, but ya gotta admit, even for a weak virus... and I can do better than that, you'll see!.. it sure had a lot of people scared. I'd like to shake the man's hand that came up with that one.

Batutisz: Er, okey. Thanks for your information, I think.

Batty sits back down and Nem picks another person with their hand raised, this time a young man wearing some platemail of his own - only his is in yellows and reds.

Kennatsu: If you could go back in time and take one toy from a toystore to bring back to the present with you, would it destroy the fabric of time and space?

The holy knight looks at Kennatsu for a moment with a look of confusion etched on the front of his helmet. A similar reaction seems to be etched on the front of the shadow knight's helmet as well.

Nem-x: I'm sorry, I should have picked someone else. I just had to see what kind of question he could come up with this time.

Mortious: Look, even evil has limits.

Mightion: I'm ready for the next question.

Kennatsu sits back down, flustered for not getting his question answered while Nem-x points to another person in the audience. A large troll stands up and looks around. He scratches his ass and looks towards the stage. Then he sits back down and picks his nose. As Nem-x is about to pick someone else, he stands back up.

diadem: me hab kweschun

Nem-x: I hope so.

diadem: wut gud wyn tew go wid haffers?

Mightion's eyes go wide and he raises his sword. Mortious chuckles.

Mightion: I shall slay thee!

Mortious: Oh pish posh, chap. I'd have to say a nice Cabernet Sauvignon goes with Halfling meat very well.

Mightion growls and lifts his sword over his head.

Mightion: For justice!

Mightion charges Mortious and, drawing his mace, Mortious blocks his swing. The two then engage in yet another battle, utterly destroying the stage all around Nem-x. Nem just stands there, keeping cool and shrugging.

Nem-x: uh oh over

The crowd rumbles the 'uh oh' chant again as Ford faces the camera again.

Ford Prefect: Well, that lasted longer than I thought it would. Another debate with nothing resolved. Back to you, Terena.

The screen shifts back to the newsroom and Terena gets up from her seat and leaves the broadcast, muttering something about putting an end to something. Vorago shrugs and adjusts his papers before clearing his throat and looking into the camera.

Vorago: Well, my friends, thanks for watching and we hope to see you again soon. There's always more news to report and we'll always be there to watch it fall apart. This was... <dramatic pause> the news.

The EC logo spins onto the screen again and the credits roll.

oho, not to be continued! no kicking of dead horses for me!

[ 06-06-2003: Message edited by: Evercrest News Network ]

NO ONE BREAKS NEWS LIKE WE DO!
Koosh Man
Pancake
posted 06-06-2003 05:50:33 PM
roger uh oh
Razor
posted 06-06-2003 05:57:19 PM
UH OH

[ 06-06-2003: Message edited by: Kirara ]

Astronomy is a passion...
Engineering is a love...
My job isn't a job, it's my career, and I love every minute of it: Observatory Superintendent
Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 06-06-2003 06:09:48 PM
*wild applause*

That was... such an excellent series. I'm so sad to see it go. But, maybe there can be more later, when more news needs breaking.

Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 06-06-2003 06:19:32 PM
This was so much fun to read Bajah! You made me laugh so many times!!!!

Thank you for coming up with this idea, it was refreshing!

leckzilla!
Squeak!
posted 06-06-2003 06:20:43 PM
These need archiving so badly.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 06-06-2003 06:29:58 PM
Great stuff, old chap.
Freschel Spindrift
Caucasian
posted 06-06-2003 06:43:02 PM
Nicely done.
Who's that crazy kook that's destroying the world. It's Zorc (That's me) It's Zorc and Pals.
Bakura: Did you forget our anniversary, again? (laughter)
Zorc: Yes, I was busy destroying the world (laughter) Slaughtering millions. (Laughter)
Bakura: That's my Zorc.
The blood of the innocents will flow without end. His name is Zorc, and he's destroying the world.
Yuri
posted 06-06-2003 07:02:14 PM
uh oh
uh oh
Mightion Defensor
posted 06-06-2003 07:26:17 PM
Great stuff indeed.

Though you prolly should have had me set the troll on fire.

Batty
Doesn't Like You. Specifically you.
posted 06-06-2003 07:27:54 PM
attention on deck! uh oh uh oh!
Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 06-07-2003 01:17:02 AM
need.... more.... praise.......
falls over
Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 06-07-2003 01:19:39 AM
quote:
Bajah had this to say about Captain Planet:
need.... more.... praise.......
falls over

PRAISE ME DAMMIT! ;P

Suddar
posted 06-07-2003 01:21:05 AM
The response to Deth's essay was the best.

You never even used me, you cad.

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 06-07-2003 01:23:25 AM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Suddar:
You never even used me, you cad.

I'll put you to good USE later.
Suddar
posted 06-07-2003 01:28:28 AM
Fizodeth
an unflattering title
posted 06-07-2003 01:28:41 AM
The only news you can watch for fun.
Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 06-07-2003 10:21:39 PM
*bump for any who missed the last part!*
Niklas
hay guys whats going on in this title?
posted 06-08-2003 04:31:40 AM
Matilda Jane
ph33r my MIRVs
posted 06-08-2003 04:44:11 AM
Will I ever get killed off?

Terena has friends.

There was a signature here... it's gone now.
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 06-08-2003 04:54:33 AM
Magically fucking delicious!
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 06-08-2003 07:06:54 PM
Part One

Part Two

Part Three

Here's the links to the previous parts in case someone (hug KLOKLO) wants to archive them.

And Terena can't die. She's my Wednesday Adams!

[ 06-08-2003: Message edited by: Bajah ]

Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 06-08-2003 07:18:23 PM
KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 06-08-2003 07:19:34 PM
MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!!!!
Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Kekvit Irae
Pancake
posted 06-08-2003 07:26:29 PM
Synjari
Warrior Princess
Cookie Seraphim!
posted 06-09-2003 12:13:04 PM
Great work Bajie! ;P These two had me laughing hard .. glad I didnt wake KaL up ;P
"Villiany wears many masks, none of which are more dangerous than virtue." - "Sleepy Hollow"
Lazzay
omg mack attack :(
posted 06-09-2003 01:16:35 PM
^_^
one two three fo let me see that tootsie roll
Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 06-09-2003 01:23:11 PM
quote:
Bajah had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
Part One

Part Two

Part Three

Here's the links to the previous parts in case someone (hug KLOKLO) wants to archive them.

And Terena can't die. She's my Wednesday Adams!

dude i did it like 2 days ago. pay attention. MAN.

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 06-09-2003 02:12:18 PM
quote:
Veruca Salt stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
dude i did it like 2 days ago. pay attention. MAN.

I'm sorry, please forgive me

Oh shi...
what
posted 06-09-2003 02:41:58 PM
LET HIM SUFFER! POOR ON THE LITTLE GIRL SADNESS ACT!
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: