EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Subscribers! My Smilies!
Drysart
Pancake
posted 05-22-2003 09:16:35 PM
Subscribers now have the ability to upload custom smileys! Head over to the smiley editor in your profile!

Smileys must be in GIF format, be 32x32 pixels or smaller, and must be 8k in size or smaller. You may have up to 15 custom smileys defined. Once you've got your smileys defined, you can use them like any other smiley.

If anyone else quotes a post with your smiley in it, it will magically turn into a regular [IMG] tag. If you delete a smiley from your profile, all instances of it on the forums will turn into a broken image (currently, I might change how that works in the future).

Let me know if you have any problems with the smilies.

[ 05-22-2003: Message edited by: Drysart ]

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 05-22-2003 09:22:03 PM
YAY!

Now.. to find smilies! hehe

Gikk
SCA babe!!!
posted 05-22-2003 09:53:02 PM
So what happens if you aren't a suscriber anymore? Do they all break? Like my subscription is gonna lapse for like... a week.
Drysart
Pancake
posted 05-22-2003 10:02:10 PM
quote:
Gikkwiny was naked while typing this:
So what happens if you aren't a suscriber anymore? Do they all break? Like my subscription is gonna lapse for like... a week.

You won't be able to use them when your subscription isn't active.

Gikk
SCA babe!!!
posted 05-22-2003 10:04:34 PM
but will they go all borked?
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 05-22-2003 11:43:11 PM
From the looks of it, smilies you use while you're a member should be fine, unless Drys purges them. Once you insert them, they get marked as an image, similar to how image hosting works. And he doesn't need to worry about bandwidth because smilies are little files.

See?

Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 05-23-2003 12:05:14 AM

[ 05-23-2003: Message edited by: Black Mage ]

Time was never on my side.
So on I wait my whole lifetime.

Gikk
SCA babe!!!
posted 05-23-2003 12:10:33 AM
Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 05-23-2003 02:13:59 AM
So, where do I look to find some good ones?
I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 05-23-2003 03:35:40 AM
quote:
Palador ChibiDragon impressed everyone with:
So, where do I look to find some good ones?

http://mysmilies.com/?archive=ups

They have some intresting ones ;P

Aaron Aoki
Pancake
posted 05-23-2003 09:27:48 AM
All of mine are too big!
Hostile Makeover
Evil as chocolate covered thistles
posted 05-23-2003 01:08:25 PM
Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 05-23-2003 03:05:53 PM
Test

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Addy
posted 05-23-2003 04:08:56 PM
Testing

Kermitov
Pancake
posted 05-23-2003 08:13:53 PM
my absolute favorite one is one damn pixel too wide

but here are these

and this one

[ 05-23-2003: Message edited by: Kermitov ]

Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 05-23-2003 09:49:06 PM

[ 05-23-2003: Message edited by: Trent ]

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 05-24-2003 02:19:05 PM

Yes?

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 05-24-2003 04:45:32 PM
quote:
Karnaj had this to say about Knight Rider:

Tuesday's coming. Did you bring your coat?

Gydyon
Yes, I am a lawyer. No you can't sue them for that. Shut up, or I'll have your legs broken.
posted 05-24-2003 10:27:30 PM
I wanted to make smilies out of my facial expressions, but I think they will lose all the features on them.

Much like Marasmilies, except my face and all.

Gydyon
Evercrest Lawyer

Thinking about your posts
(and billing you for it) since 2001

Drysart
Pancake
posted 05-25-2003 12:35:40 AM
quote:
Gydfather thought about the meaning of life:
I wanted to make smilies out of my facial expressions, but I think they will lose all the features on them.

Much like Marasmilies, except my face and all.

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 05-25-2003 04:40:15 AM

Awww, to big.. sorry Drys =( hehehe

Gydyon
Yes, I am a lawyer. No you can't sue them for that. Shut up, or I'll have your legs broken.
posted 05-25-2003 09:49:19 AM
quote:
We were all impressed when Drysart wrote:

I LIKE IT

EDIT: NINJA CHOP

EDIT EDIT: I R MEEN

[ 05-25-2003: Message edited by: Gydfather ]

Gydyon
Evercrest Lawyer

Thinking about your posts
(and billing you for it) since 2001

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 05-25-2003 01:44:06 PM
quote:
We were all impressed when Trillee wrote:

Awww, to big.. sorry Drys =( hehehe

And because it doesn't like linking and shiz..

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 05-25-2003 04:30:02 PM
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 05-25-2003 05:18:14 PM
Taeldian
Pancake
posted 05-25-2003 10:45:37 PM
quote:
Mortious had this to say about Duck Tales:

You win.

Fizodeth
an unflattering title
posted 05-26-2003 02:38:35 AM
Go Go E-Mort-icons!~
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 05-26-2003 08:04:01 AM
Drys must've performed a non-payment sweep, because I hadn't paid my subscription in months and months and months and.. etc.

Oh well.

Oh shi...
what
posted 05-26-2003 10:30:07 AM
Much better
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 05-27-2003 08:53:05 AM
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 05-27-2003 11:33:05 AM
quote:
Mortious spewed forth this undeniable truth:

You might need to replace ;mad; with ;angry;. Other than that, these smilies so suit you.

Now all we need is the MaraSmilies and we'll be all set.

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 05-27-2003 01:58:21 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Trillee wrote:
http://mysmilies.com/?archive=ups

They have some intresting ones ;P

[ 05-27-2003: Message edited by: Ford Prefect ]

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 05-27-2003 02:09:34 PM
I test!
To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 05-27-2003 05:04:18 PM
quote:
Bloodsage enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
I test!

Kinanik
Upset about being titless
posted 05-28-2003 01:19:46 AM
Gully Foyle is my name
And Terra is my nation
Deep space is my dwelling place
The stars my destination
Tegadil
Queen of the Smoofs
posted 05-30-2003 08:04:11 AM
This is not a test.
Gadani
U
posted 05-30-2003 01:44:15 PM
quote:
Tegadil had this to say about pies:
This is not a test.

This is a test!

[ 05-30-2003: Message edited by: Gadani Aerofist ]

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 06-02-2003 10:38:36 AM
I like custom smilies.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 06-03-2003 02:33:11 PM
Oh shi...
what
posted 06-03-2003 10:38:55 PM

[ 06-03-2003: Message edited by: The Great Voldo ]

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: