EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Spiffy is such a cool word, like posh...
Alek
Not The Rapist
posted 05-22-2003 07:39:02 PM
Anyways, before I digress any further I have a question of sorts. Today I was checking my mail as I usually do and I was surprised to find a sizeable envelope addressed to me. Curious, I felt around to see if I could sense any powder or any other carrier of lethal agents. Confident that it wasn't a mailbomb or anthrax, I opened it. It contained many a paper inside all related to the same thing, I was nominated to "The National Society Of Collegiate Scholars". I don't know if this is some bogus organization that just wants the $60 induction fee or if the membership actually means something. I ask you because I couldn't dig up any relevant information regarding that matter so I was wondering if you guys knew anything about said organizations, I don't feel like losing $60 over a bogus recognition.
"Love wisdom, and she will make you great. Embrace her, and she will bring you honour. She will be your crowning glory."
-Proverbs 4:8-9
Bummey the Fool
Prefers to play with men
posted 05-22-2003 07:41:39 PM
Alek
Not The Rapist
posted 05-22-2003 07:45:10 PM
quote:
Bummey the Fool had this to say about Pirotess:
Google. http://www.nscs.org/

Do you really expect them to say anything bad about themselves?

Mental Note: Concentrate when posting.

[ 05-22-2003: Message edited by: Alek Saege ]

"Love wisdom, and she will make you great. Embrace her, and she will bring you honour. She will be your crowning glory."
-Proverbs 4:8-9
Bummey the Fool
Prefers to play with men
posted 05-22-2003 07:51:13 PM
Ahh, you want the "skinny" on this organization. Sorry, can't help you much there.

Well, my view on this is, if you haven't heard anything of it before now, you don't need to.
Try speaking with the Profs at your college and see if they have any insight on this. Some may try to overglorify the NSCS, while others may say "it's bullshit, don't waste your time." Use your thinker.

[ 05-22-2003: Message edited by: Bummey the Fool ]

Saint George
Pancake
posted 05-23-2003 01:48:35 AM
Alek,

They are looking more and more legit. They have chapters at Ole Miss, Georgetown University, UC Berkely, and John Hopkins University.

These are actually listed at the schools websites. Those are some pretty damn top notch schools. I don't think they'd be affiliated nor permit a bogus organization on their campus.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: