EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: is it me..
Death of Rats
Pancake
posted 05-14-2003 08:13:31 PM
Or does anyone else notice that the little thread signs are broken on the thread page?
A particularly crafty sea lion is befuddling the Army Corps of Engineers, who have come to believe the 1,000-pound mammal is either from hell -- or from Harvard.
Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 05-14-2003 08:13:47 PM
It's broken for mostly everyone.

Time was never on my side.
So on I wait my whole lifetime.

Steven Steve
posted 05-14-2003 08:18:20 PM
It's not broken for me
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Death of Rats
Pancake
posted 05-14-2003 08:19:18 PM
its not broken now, but the top of the page at the Everquest sign is now fliping out.
A particularly crafty sea lion is befuddling the Army Corps of Engineers, who have come to believe the 1,000-pound mammal is either from hell -- or from Harvard.
Bummey the Fool
Prefers to play with men
posted 05-14-2003 08:40:51 PM
Fine for me.
Drysart
Pancake
posted 05-14-2003 08:56:06 PM
I've made some changes to the way post icons are handled by the software. They run out of SQL now instead of running the old UBB way.

I now have the ability to limit icons to being used only on posts or replies, or either; and I can retire icons from use without breaking old threads. (Notice that you can't use the Roleplay or NSFW post icons on replies anymore, only when starting new threads.)

I'm also working on attaching "HEY! OMG! WTF! BBQ!" notes to an icon, so that if you open a thread with that post icon, you get a warning screen with the appropriate notes and a "Ok, I got it, don't show me this warning anymore" checkbox -- intended for informing newbies about the dangers of NSFW threads, and the additional rules on Roleplay threads.

Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 05-14-2003 08:58:17 PM
How about a user option that allows us to pick a type of Message Icon, so that they don't have to select it everytime they post hint hint?

Time was never on my side.
So on I wait my whole lifetime.

Drysart
Pancake
posted 05-14-2003 09:02:04 PM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Black Mage wrote:
How about a user option that allows us to pick a type of Message Icon, so that they don't have to select it everytime they post hint hint?

No. There's no reason for someone to have a default message icon, since nobody posts solely about one topic. Besides, message icons are per-forum, so I'd have to give you that option for each forum and I don't even want to get INTO that.

But! You will soon be able to choose a default color for your posts.

King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 05-14-2003 09:02:53 PM
quote:
Drysart thought about the meaning of life:
No. There's no reason for someone to have a default message icon, since nobody posts solely about one topic. Besides, message icons are per-forum, so I'd have to give you that option for each forum and I don't even want to get INTO that.

But! You will soon be able to choose a default color for your posts.

When do I get to cast Frost Armor?

Oh shi...
what
posted 05-14-2003 09:06:11 PM
EVERYTING WILL BE YELLOW SOON MON!
Aaron Aoki
Pancake
posted 05-14-2003 09:07:07 PM
quote:
The Great Voldo said this about your mom:
EVERYTING WILL BE YELLOW SOON MON!

Or pink ^_^