EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: ANGST!
Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 05-13-2003 11:56:45 PM
I asked to be transfered to a store closer to my home, since I spent 3-4 hours a day just traveling to and from work. But, they won't let me leave until after Memorial Day because we're going to get slammed that weekend.

However, since they know I don't want to work there anymore my hours have been drastically cut. I haven't worked since last Thursday, at which point I worked an hour and a half(and had 3-4 hours travel time!) and I don't work again until Friday. So my next check will be lucky to break a hundred bucks, and I have bills to pay.(Our phone was even shut off today.)

Luckily rent was due with my last check or we'd be sleeping on the sidewalk in two weeks.

You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory.
Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 05-13-2003 11:57:47 PM
That sucks.

But look on the bright side!

[ 05-13-2003: Message edited by: Black Mage ]

Time was never on my side.
So on I wait my whole lifetime.

Maradon!
posted 05-14-2003 12:19:22 AM
pobre niƱo

Can't you just request more hours?

Or bring to light the fact that maybe the OTHER store will ALSO get hit labor day weekend?

Or post ads for Long John Silvers?

Angst
Pancake
posted 05-14-2003 06:13:37 AM
I love McDonalds.
This thread has been killed by me.

Sigpic by Synny!

Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 05-14-2003 08:04:30 AM
quote:
Angst had this to say about Captain Planet:
I love McDonalds.

It's not even funny. I'm going to have a nervous fucking breakdown if this shit doesn't turn around soon.

You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory.
Alek
Not The Rapist
posted 05-14-2003 08:50:00 AM
I hope it works out for you.
"Love wisdom, and she will make you great. Embrace her, and she will bring you honour. She will be your crowning glory."
-Proverbs 4:8-9
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: