EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Bridge burnin'
Maradon!
posted 05-09-2003 03:53:14 PM
Well well well.

I need advice on something. First, backstory.

At work today I asked my boss for contact information so I could use him as a reference in applying for a new job. He...couldn't. Because he signed a contract when he became a coach that he would not sign as a reference for any CSR's.

...puzzled at this I asked why, and he told me it's because the director of the center refuses to facilitate a CSR's leaving the center in any way. He never approves center-to-center transfers, and he refuses to recommend employees to other companies, even if they aren't currently working there.

My question is, how can I get around this? A lot of places require work references on applications.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 05-09-2003 03:55:09 PM
Have Phoenix kick his ass.

He'll enjoy it, but give you a refrence.

diadem
eet bugz
posted 05-09-2003 04:00:24 PM
try a co-worker. explain about the contract if asked.

[ 05-09-2003: Message edited by: diadem ]

play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
Meridian
Pancake
posted 05-09-2003 04:46:18 PM
Wow, that is a pretty crappy policy. I agree with the co-worker suggestion. Find one who has been there for a long time, and hope that their seniority will be worth something.
Meridian Ascendant
Lacking a witty sig-phrase since 2001.
Kermitov
Pancake
posted 05-09-2003 10:33:14 PM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Meridian said:
Wow, that is a pretty crappy policy. I agree with the co-worker suggestion. Find one who has been there for a long time, and hope that their seniority will be worth something.

Some people love to fuck up your life if you leave for any reason.

"Not only will you not work for us, but I'll do my best to make sure you never work ANYWHERE else"

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 05-09-2003 10:35:52 PM
For revenge purposes, make sure all new hires coming into that business location know the policy about no references. Scare em into quitting the first week
Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 05-10-2003 11:14:55 AM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Katrinity:
For revenge purposes, make sure all new hires coming into that business location know the policy about no references. Scare em into quitting the first week
To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: