EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Style!
Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 04-19-2003 03:15:33 PM
What type of "style" do you have? I mean, everything. Clothes, music, everything. Everyone has their own style. It may not be the "in" things, but style is a very personal thing. This thread brought to you by Snoota realizing he has the most confusing sense of style in the world!

And there will be no making fun of people or I'll unleash a verbal smack down the likes of which I've never shown here out of respect for Drysart! Except for D. We can make fun of D. He's a freak who never leaves his chair and learned Yoga so he could wipe his nose on his socks when he ran out of room on his shirt and pants without taking them off.

For myself, I'm an amalgam of styles. It came from growing up in the only white family for miles and miles, with a metal head brother and having nothing but black friends. I'm comfortable rolling down the street on a Harley-Davidson Fat Boy, wearing leather pants and cowboy boots while listening to DMX and Dr. Dre. I'm just.. strange like that.

You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory.
King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 04-19-2003 03:34:23 PM
My clothing: Comfort is key, other than that I tend to look like someone who would say: "Can the Beav come out to play, Mrs. Cleaver?"

My music: Everything except country and hardcore death metal. I have Sinatra and Ellington next to Alien Antfarm and Outkast next to Gorillaz and Eminem next to my prized collection of GTA: VC music next to Coldplay and Moulin Rouge.

I don't know what else makes style. I mean, you all already know how I talk and all.

Douchebags.

Skaw
posted 04-19-2003 03:40:44 PM
My Clothes: "Is this clean?" followed my a sniff. I have no fashion sense other than 'loose'.

My Music: Pretty much whatevers going at the time, though Rap/R&B would fall into one of my least favorite categories area.

DS
Perma-Newbie
posted 04-19-2003 04:32:50 PM
I used to be stereotypcial geek. You know, button up shirts, T-shirts, denim jeans, khakis, sweaters, All of course, from walmart or pennies. Music, again, stereotypical geek, Iwas trying to live in the 80's and plug my ears up to anything new.

However, this all changed when my GF dragged me into hot topic (as I was paying, of course), and I saw some really cool shirts/overshirts. And leaving with a lighter wallet and a pained look on my face, my revolution had begun.

Now I look sort of Geek/Punk. I highlight my hair (not nearly as often as my gf though.. she has different colors every like, 3 days. It scares me.) Of course, with my semi-departure from the pure geek scene, I opened my mind to some more music, so now i listen to a lot of modern punk/rock/alternative. (Primarily chili peppers, sum 41, B182, Good Charlotte, Simple plan, Foo Fighters) and a lot of techno.

This also seems to piss off pure geeks when I point out their small-mindedness and pre-conceived notions. It's all really quite funny, actually.

EDIT: I hate the word charlotte.

[ 04-19-2003: Message edited by: DS ]

nem-x
posted 04-19-2003 04:40:16 PM
Baggy jeans/cargo pants/khaki's, and a t-shirt.
Steven Steve
posted 04-19-2003 04:42:13 PM
I always wear parachute pants, the same jacket, of which I have two of different colors, and a t-shirt. The only colors I wear are beige, green, and grey. About as comfortable as possible as far as clothes go. I sort of have a "superhero" uniform wardrobe.

In terms of music, I usually just listen to whatever gets me pumped, which is mostly game music. My playlist consists of Doom music, Quake expansion (orchestral/rock) music, and the Halo soundtrack.

Other than that, I'm that guy that you wouldn't expect to take anything seriously, until he flips out. When I say flip out, I don't mean getting mad and shooting people, I mean acting kind of crazy. I'm the guy that goes around doing martial arts and flipping around, and I'm the guy that would be most likely to eat you.

Oh yeah, and my haircut, too. My hair is always about half an inch long. If it gets much longer than that, it just doesn't look right. I'm a short, short hair person. One time I grew my hair out about 3 inches... And it stood straight up, just like an anime character or something. That was kind of weird, so my hair's short now.

[ 04-19-2003: Message edited by: Fazum'Zen Fastfist ]

"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Sean
posted 04-19-2003 04:49:03 PM
A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Hostile Makeover
Evil as chocolate covered thistles
posted 04-19-2003 04:50:49 PM
Clothing: Jeans, tshirts, and hiking boots 99% of the time. This, sadly, shall have to change once I return to the workforce.

Music: My tastes are best described as 'eclectic', I think. I have a folder which has a bit of everything, excluding rap and country (and I think one or two of them have snuck in there). I like broadway musicals, anime soundtracks, musical scores from films, classic rock, metal, goth, punk, rockabilly, funk, classical, techno, jazz, big band, noise bands and quite a few things which just defy labels.

Is this a style? Damned if I know, but it's who I am. Hi.

[ 04-19-2003: Message edited by: Xyrra ]

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 04-19-2003 04:54:26 PM
I don't consider my clothing to be an unalterable expression of the true me, so I dress to fit in wherever I'm going. I'm equally comfortable in a coat and tie as I am in jeans and hiking boots.

I also have very eclectic taste in music.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Kirane
Pancake
posted 04-19-2003 04:55:46 PM
As you see in my other thread I'm a prep. I wear Abercrombie/Guess/Hollister clothing. Useally kakhi pants and a nice T-shirt. I'm more of a casuel prep I guess. I mutated from skater to prep over my high school years. Freshmen year I only wore skater shoes/clothes etc.

Music: I'm all about rock/alternative/rap/techno, which is basicly everything. But I would really say I like EVERYTHING from classical to deathmetal. I'm very open minded when it comes to music, except for country because I just can't do country. In my car, my mixed cds can have old school Black Sabbath and the next song be DMX.

Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 04-19-2003 05:03:11 PM
quote:
Bloodsage had this to say about the Spice Girls:
I don't consider my clothing to be an unalterable expression of the true me, so I dress to fit in wherever I'm going. I'm equally comfortable in a coat and tie as I am in jeans and hiking boots.

Musically, my tastes stop at the boundries of rock - though some non-rock genres will pull me in. So I guess I could have eclectic tastes, but I always seem to think that I have rather boxed in musical likes.

Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 04-19-2003 05:04:14 PM
uhhh clothes generally = jeans and a t-shirt. i can dress up if neccessary but i usually don't.

i listen to just about anything that i think sounds good. i do not like the grand majority of rap or country.

Led
*kaboom*
posted 04-19-2003 05:15:36 PM
Grey. I just mostly wear the color grey. Not that I am goth or angsty or something stupid, I just like wearing a good neutral color Anyways. Jeans, tshirt/sweater, big stompy snowboard boots, floppy eared hat, bow on th' ponytail.

Music: Everything except rap and death metal. Also have lots of bagpipes, jpop, and other goofy tastes.

Ferret
Poing! Poing!
posted 04-19-2003 05:19:21 PM
I tend to wear giant parachute pants with either a t-shirt or a button-up hawaiian shirt. I don't own a single pair of pants that fits closely to my legs.

For music, I tend to listen to really mellow music. Good female voice + Good guitar/piano riff = love. I don't limit myslef though, and I'll listen to almost any rock/techno/other, except I can't stand rap most of the time.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 04-19-2003 05:25:29 PM
I haven't bought new clothes.. hmm.. In years. Besides pants. Yeah, jeans are comfortable, but working at EB got me used to Khakis. Odd, that.

As of late, I've been listning to more instrumental music (Smashing LIVE! soundtrack, WC3, etc.), though on occasion, I'll hum along with "Trigger Happy" in NS when it comes up.

I love the tape on my glasses though. Sad that I actually need it.

Gikk
SCA babe!!!
posted 04-19-2003 05:56:30 PM
Uhm... sortof-punk-ish, I guess.

Cute T-shirts with things.. on them - Hello Kitty to Snorks to whatever else - or black dress shirts with lace on sleeves, or grommets all down the sleeves..

Bootcut jeans, usually, maybe capris. All regular pants are to long - since i'm tall, it's all iether to long, or too short. I pick the former. ^_^

I've tried really hard to rid my wardrobe of the stuff I got at lane bryant - cause I'm just -not- the model type.

A normal day, you might find me wearing my hello kitty t-shirt, a black cotton skirt with a ruffly thing, and black combat boots. Or black sandals, depending on the weather. Dark red lipstick, silver eyeliner, brown mascara. Hair is usually up in some way or form.

I listen to.. well, rightn ow, my playlist is filled with A Perfect Circle.. But garbage, MSI, theSTART, Veruca Salt, the Used, Human Waste Project... all sorts of stuff. And Tori Amos. And Charlotte Church.

Burger
BANNED!
posted 04-19-2003 05:56:56 PM
when I can:
old, beat up denim/cargo shorts, a t shirt, and sandals.

when I need to:
work uniform or jeans/tee|golf shirt

as or music, I'm open to anything, but I mostly listen to easy listening, and a little rock, techno, rap, and punk.

my "style" is laid back (read as "LAZY")

Bite me.

No, Really. Bite me.

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 04-19-2003 06:00:45 PM
It doesn't matter what I wear or what I don't wear. I like loose jeans (important, tight hurts after awhile!) and overshirts... I like boots like Doc Martens, and I lurve my top hat.

I'm just damn sexy.

Nicole
The hip-hop-happiest bunny in all of marshmallow woods
posted 04-19-2003 06:21:27 PM
Pseudogothic. I like the gothic style of clothing and such, but tend towards the more classical, elegant styles than the "smear red blobs on your face" style. I love long skirts, lace, velvet, angora and silk, and my ideal style of dress is a flowing, dramatic outfit that won't get caught on crap in daily life. However, I'm generally either too damn broke or too damn timid to actually wear a lot of stuff, but I'm slooooowly wearing down those inhibitions. Basically... I like to look dramatic but elegantly so, dark but not disgusting.

Music, I tend to sprawl all over the place. I like industrial, but due to rather limited exposure I tend to leap all over new bands but don't hear of them often. I tend towards the rock area of the spectrum, harder being better, but am not afraid to get down with some new age, folk, classical or what-have-you occasionally. Only styles of music I cannot listen to on pain of death is country, R&B (yes, that includes both old and new), and a majority of rap... not all, though, as I for some reason have been finding myself liking 50 Cent as of late and I have NO IDEA WHY.

But yeah. 'Tis me.

I just spent
my last cent
purchasing this poverty.

Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 04-19-2003 06:25:40 PM
Everyday wear: Black jeans, black t-shirt or um.. black button up shirt, and black combat boots.

I have dress clothes for when I need them. I'm just not comfortable in them normally.

Music: Varies, Johnny Cash to Die Krups, to Lords of Acid and everything in between. I normally don't like rap/hip-hop, but will listen to it first, just in case, cause there is some I do like.

nem-x
posted 04-19-2003 07:06:18 PM
Old Navy ultra low rise boot cut jeans.
Mog
not really a mmembe rof tis boered
posted 04-19-2003 07:40:10 PM
kinda punk, kinda grunge,slightly goth (Not intetional, but black cargos and a black band tee with no sweatshirts or jackets or looks kinda goth acording to most of the stupid whit pople by my hosue who think avril is hardcore, and meh, who am i to corect the stupid) , and a whole lota nothing

pretty much all i wear is black cargo pants, ocaisonally jeans (only own 2 pairs that still fit, arent horrily rippede, etc. one balack one blue) my t shirts vary from bright green saying "rosses nineth bioirthday" on the back to random band shirt, and aslong as the temperature is below like 60 i usually have on a fairly thin, quasi raty blue sweatshirt that i realy like for no reason whatsoevrer, and my shoes are really beat-up vans ive had for liek a year nowa dn got really bored and wrote all voer with a sharpie with the msot random words imaagiaple writen on them

as for music many random things, include from Punk, alternative, Industrial hip hop pussy punk, ska, metal (all varietys but hair) classic rock, industrial,really trippy things i ahev no idea waht to label like snake river conspiracy, Steven von till, and theSTART, and to some degree normal rock

Regret calamities if you can thereby help the sufferer; if not, attend to your own work and allready the evil begins to be repaired
- Self Rreliance
Grendel
Pancake
posted 04-19-2003 07:50:43 PM
Clothes: usually jeans, hoddies, long sleeve t-shirts. All dark colors except for maybe one shirt.

Music: No rap, hip-hop, pop, R&B. I do listen to goth, synthpop, black metal, southern rock, punk, classical.

Generally just whats clean and what I think looks good, this sometimes gets me wierd looks because people seem to think I'm poor, insane, or whatever. Usually though I makes friends with just about anyone, although I usually don't try to make friends - except to stay on my boss's good side.

BeauChan
Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
posted 04-19-2003 09:59:47 PM
Clothes: I generally like to wear nice clothes, kinda preppy... but every once in a while you'll catch me in baggy sweats for no particular reason. i love dressing up in business clothes... I haveto everyday for work anyways...

Music: You name it, I'll probably like something form it,

Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 04-19-2003 10:10:33 PM
I wear tight clothes. If jeans and sweaters were made in spandex, I'd wear them.

Christ, I have a great body.

Peter
Pancake
posted 04-19-2003 10:11:28 PM
Khakis , undershirt and my workshirt is what I am usally wearing from 9am to 9pm, because I go strait to school from work, and at 9pm at night I see little point in changeing out of them. On days off it's what ever the fuck I pull out of the closet first, I tend not to care what I look like, though most of my clothes match anyways. Music, ehh no style other than i have yet to find any form of rap music I truly like. If you were to pull a cd from my collection your going to probally pull out a Bosstones, Offspring or AC/DC cd. For haircut, I get it cut short, but after a cut I normally don't go back until it's in my eyes again, or it's like Thanksgiving.
BeauChan
posted 04-19-2003 10:12:21 PM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Baron Von Mortay:
[qb]If jeans and sweaters were made in spandex, I'd wear them.[qb]

As long as you stop after 21. ^_^

[ 04-19-2003: Message edited by: Beaukat a.k.a Nibbles ]

Ares
posted 04-19-2003 10:31:07 PM
I wear a lot of dark colours. Mainly black. I love lace, velvet, silk, ribbons.. Pretty stuff. Very femmy. Usually I dress in layers too, but I'm breaking away from that slowly. Usually black eyeliner and lots of mascara complete the deal.

For music, I normally listen to rock and alternative, but I also enjoy classic, punk, metal, pop.. Pretty much anything. ^_^

Vise the Stompy
Title now 100% ass free!
posted 04-19-2003 10:36:38 PM
Wild, dramatic mood swings dictate my style.
Ezvien
Owes Drysart $40
posted 04-19-2003 10:49:30 PM
Clothes: On school days, navy blue slighty too large pants, too large collared shirt, grey sweater. Normal days, old pair of nice fitting jeans, random old tshirt from my drawer, same grey sweater sometimes.

Appearance: Nothing big, longer than average hair, on rare occaisions when I am bored out of my mind, Ill write and draw stuff on my arms. Sometimes, I wear a necklace thingy.

Music: Pretty much anything but rap. Mostly into emo, emocore stuff though.

*lurk*
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 04-19-2003 10:55:35 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Ares was all like:
I wear a lot of dark colours. Mainly black.

YES.

Marry me.

Nicole
The hip-hop-happiest bunny in all of marshmallow woods
posted 04-19-2003 10:58:58 PM
quote:
Ezvien thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
emocore

The suffix "-core" can now be added to absolutely anything.

Shudder.

I just spent
my last cent
purchasing this poverty.

Ares
posted 04-19-2003 11:00:26 PM
quote:
We were all impressed when Baron Von Mortay wrote:
YES.

Marry me.

What kind of a car do you drive? *grins*

Heh

BeauChan
posted 04-19-2003 11:00:27 PM
yay black, blue, red, and grey!! ^_^ my closet is full of those 4 colors... it's only the odd shirt that's blue or yellow.
Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 04-19-2003 11:00:57 PM
Clothes: It's all about comfort and easy care. Lots of black, because it hides stains and saves me having to match anything. Loose fitting jeans and t-shirt. Some of the jeans are skater jeans (as a friend calls them). If they're too long, I just let the ends fray off of hack 'em off with a knife. Some of the t-shirts have sayings or pictures on them, any I see that I like.

Music: Various types of rock, with a love for 80s music. Lots of types of music that I don't like, but there's allways one or two from those types that I like.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 04-19-2003 11:02:33 PM
Clothes-Day to day wardrobe is jeans, t-shirts and sneakers. Generally speaking, it's comfort uber alles. Although I'm told I clean up nicely if I try to.

Music-Can you say eclectic, boys and girls? I knew you could. My musical tastes run (literally) from ABBA to Zappa, Frank and everything inbetween. If it sounds good to me, it gets a nod and goes into the collection.

Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
BeauChan
posted 04-19-2003 11:04:13 PM
OHHO ashley picture (not her best mind you, it was taken by me.)

HAHAHA REVENGE IS SWEET!!!

Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 04-19-2003 11:04:49 PM
quote:
Nicole's account was hax0red to write:
The suffix "-core" can now be added to absolutely anything.

Shudder.

emocore has been around for quite a while...

Ares
posted 04-19-2003 11:10:02 PM
quote:
Beaukat a.k.a Nibbles had this to say about Cuba:
OHHO ashley picture (not her best mind you, it was taken by me.)

HAHAHA REVENGE IS SWEET!!!

....You so did not just post that. Yes, revenge IS sweet...

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 04-19-2003 11:19:33 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Ares was all like:

What kind of a car do you drive? *grins*

Heh

Past: 1980's Porshe. You'd be suprised, they're not outragously expensive.

Current: In-between cars, if there's such a thing. I sold private.

Soon: 1975 MGB Classic Roadster, once I find a god damned seller.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: