EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Poll: How are ya?
Author
Topic: General status report
Maradon!
posted 04-14-2003 01:27:45 AM
So, how is everyone?

I could be better. My job is growing less and less tolerable. Broke up with my girlfriend. Have no life. I unwittingly blew off the bachelor party of my only local friend, and we're not talking right now. I have a spiffy new car but nowhere to drive it.

On the other hand, I'm waiting on news about a promotion at work. The interview went fantastic, so I think I might get it. I'm having three EC'ers over for a sleepover that I'm excited about and meeting another at my boss's wrestling event, which will be lots of fun.

About neutral all in all.

Maradon!
posted 04-14-2003 01:28:43 AM
Holy crap...three seconds after I post there's four votes
Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 04-14-2003 01:28:54 AM
I'm losing precious sleeping time, seeing as I got only 4 (Which is not enough no matter what any of you bitches say.) hours last night.

Time was never on my side.
So on I wait my whole lifetime.

King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 04-14-2003 01:29:44 AM
I'm doing pretty good.

After I get college all sorted out, I'll have a job for the summer working at a bar. Things are going well friend-wise. I've got about three weeks until my research paper on War Protests is due, but it's all good.

sigeA ihpleD
.raewrednu ruoy tuoba gnihtynA .gnihtyna em ksA .elcaro ehT .thgir s'tahT .ihpleD
posted 04-14-2003 01:31:18 AM
I basically get to sit at home playing Planetside until I get to come over to Maradon's house and pwn his ass in Halo.

Life is looking somewhat up, lately.

.tniop doog ylriaf a edam ihpleD :hteD
.tniop yreve no tcerroc %001 si ihpleD :suiraD
ChezCPimp
Pancake
posted 04-14-2003 01:31:51 AM
Still single. Need sleep, but too bored.
Just when I discovered the meaning of life, they changed it. Damn
Ocyrrhoe Trazere
Bootylicious!!
posted 04-14-2003 01:34:36 AM
I've been pretty good.
"Come at me. Every inch of me will resist you."

Full sigpic image.
Liam - "Caitlin: You terrify me, but in a good way."

Matilda Jane
ph33r my MIRVs
posted 04-14-2003 01:34:55 AM
Pretty good. Me and life are on okay terms.
There was a signature here... it's gone now.
Sean
posted 04-14-2003 01:36:01 AM
Been better. :\
A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

OtakuPenguin
Peels like a tangerine, but is juicy like an orange.
posted 04-14-2003 01:36:54 AM
Pretty damn good actully.

Girlfriend and I are going strong, and we've started talking about Post High-School, and it's looking good. I might possibly be going to Otakon. I've got good money coming in, I bought a lot of stuff today, awesome friends. Everything, no reason to complain, at all ^_^

..:: This Is The Sound Of Settling ::..
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 04-14-2003 01:41:04 AM
I'm doing well, thank you.

Very well: I get to go home this week.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Steven Steve
posted 04-14-2003 01:44:36 AM
Only going to get worse from here!!
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 04-14-2003 01:56:08 AM
quote:
T. E. Bloodsage had this to say about Punky Brewster:
I'm doing well, thank you.

Very well: I get to go home this week.

Wilst thou ever be able to answer mein questions, Herr Bloodsage?

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 04-14-2003 02:16:03 AM
Pretty damn good.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 04-14-2003 02:18:39 AM
Eh. Can't rightly complain. I've got a roof over my head, food in mah bellah, a girlfriend who loves me, and free internet access.

Wait a tick....hmmm. Shit, I don't think I could be doing much better!

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 04-14-2003 02:19:21 AM
quote:
Karnaj wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
Eh. Can't rightly complain. I've got a roof over my head, food in mah bellah, a girlfriend who loves me, and free internet access.

Wait a tick....hmmm. Shit, I don't think I could be doing much better!

You could have a monkey.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 04-14-2003 03:06:06 AM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Iron Parcelan:
You could have a monkey.

Yeah, but I fling poop at people anyway, so there's really no need for one.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 04-14-2003 03:08:15 AM
quote:
This one time, at Karnaj camp:

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 04-14-2003 03:11:18 AM
quote:
Karnaj probably says this to all the girls:

You could have a bottle of Senor Cuervo!

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 04-14-2003 03:12:19 AM
quote:
Iron Parcelan had this to say about (_|_):
You could have a bottle of Senor Cuervo!

Have it.

Beer.

CBTao
Pancake
posted 04-14-2003 03:12:48 AM
ehhh, I've been better:

My college owes me the sum of 2400 dollars, and has yet to give me the check, only bills with envelopes asking me to pay them -2400 dollars.

My car is slowly becoming more and more in the need of repair, which I could do with the 2400 owed me.

a t-storm recently fried my Geforce2 GTS Pro, forcing me to go back to a voodoo5, I've wanted to upgrade to a decent gaming system for some time now, and could if I had the 2400 owed to me.

My job, a independantly owned chinese/thai restaraunt, is being hit absurdedly hard by several things, culminating with the war, and our business has been cut in less than half, meaning cuts in hours to me, leaving me from 42 hours a week to 12.

WIth summer coming and this semester winding down, I have a Term paper due, 2 more within this week, and a shakey C in english that I despretly want to keep to a C so I don't have to repeat the course

I also despretly wish to take time to return to pittsburgh to see my old friends, but the possibility seems ever fleeting with a financial lack as I have.

thats the state of my nation.

King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 04-14-2003 03:47:07 AM
quote:
Karnaj stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
Have it.

Well hell, I guess life can't get much better!

Suddar
posted 04-14-2003 08:01:08 AM
Would be better were it not for extenuating circumstances which hopefully won't be lasting.
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 04-14-2003 08:08:15 AM
quote:
Iron Parcelan had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
Wilst thou ever be able to answer mein questions, Herr Bloodsage?

Well. . .you'll have to give me a week or two to get re-current in the various marital arts, but sure.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Ryuujin
posted 04-14-2003 09:02:32 AM
Well, for the last 3-4 days I've been feeling like shit...

Scratch that, I feel like shit after it's been through waste treatment until it is just pure liquid sludge shit. That's how I feel.

-_-

Beta Tested
Pancake
posted 04-14-2003 09:17:51 AM
I've been better:

I have a car, but it's constantly bitchy (It really sucks when the point of engagement moves around on you while you're driving man, fucking clutch...).

My GPA is only a 3.25 at the moment, and might drop down to a 3.0. If it gets lower than that I lose my car.

I'm still single, while I get to watch all of my friends with thier significant others.

My car speakers might not show up before saturday, meaning I'll have 3 other guys from the otherside of town over here to do nothing.

And now I have to go to school, stupid school.

What's this thing do?
That would be sooo cool if it wasn't going to hurt us.
Melphina's Magelo
Nina
posted 04-14-2003 09:38:10 AM
Been better. I feel completely weird these days, and I know why yet can't do anything about it yet x.x
Hostile Makeover
Evil as chocolate covered thistles
posted 04-14-2003 09:43:20 AM
Been better. Been trying to find a decent job for almost a year now, and I'm still living on unemployment and temp jobs. *sigh* But, on the bright side, I did send out 15 resumes already today, so hopefully something will come out of that.

At least I have love, a place to live, a car that runs like a champ, and food in the house though. So, all in all, things could be much, much worse than they are.

Canadian Mountee
Rumble Pak+FMV Sequence=FUN!
posted 04-14-2003 09:45:31 AM
I feel great. Money's rolling in, Internet back in my room, good friends, good parties, Girlfriend coming here for the summer, yadda yadda.

All in all, it's good.

The World is Yours
Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 04-14-2003 09:55:05 AM
Spring break was hell for me, I turned into an angsty little bitch at times.

However, it provided me with the solution to my recent problems - my outlook has been quite up since then! So... things could get better, and they will.

Oooh yeah, plus at the end of the month I get to start subscribing to EC, yay ^_^

[ 04-14-2003: Message edited by: Vorbo Goatboy ]

Mr. Crabs
Pancake
posted 04-14-2003 10:47:51 AM
Doing pretty good. For the first time in a long time, I actually got a decent night's sleep. I'm ahead workwise in all of my classes for once and I seem to understand the topics in Chemistry in Biology. Plus, I just figured out today that I get a four day weekend!
There's a King on a throne with his eyes torn out.
There's a Blind Man looking for a shadow of doubt.
There's a Rich Man sleeping on a golden bed.
There's a Skeleton choking on a crust of bread.
Mod
Pancake
posted 04-14-2003 11:06:16 AM
Been better, I have 45 pages of papers to write within a week that will strongly impact my finally getting out of high school, about topics I have no real sources on no less.

I'm still single but I don't mind atm, between school and EQ it would just mean having to tell someone I don't have time for X or Y three times a week.

On the upside, while time-consuming, EQ is looking pretty good currently.

Oh yes and for the last two months I've been tired as fuck, no matter what I do or don't do, I'm still either sleeping or tired all the damned time.

Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 04-14-2003 11:07:11 AM
quote:
T. E. Bloodsage thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
Well. . .you'll have to give me a week or two to get re-current in the various marital arts, but sure.

I can eat an entire ham without blinking.

Canadian Mountee
Rumble Pak+FMV Sequence=FUN!
posted 04-14-2003 11:08:34 AM
quote:
We were all impressed when Shazorx / Modrakien wrote:
Been better, I have 45 pages of papers to write within a week that will strongly impact my finally getting out of high school, about topics I have no real sources on no less.

I'm still single but I don't mind atm, between school and EQ it would just mean having to tell someone I don't have time for X or Y three times a week.

On the upside, while time-consuming, EQ is looking pretty good currently.

Oh yes and for the last two months I've been tired as fuck, no matter what I do or don't do, I'm still either sleeping or tired all the damned time.

Im sorry but if you pick EQ over a girl, I'd have to punch you in the head.

The World is Yours
Taeldian
Pancake
posted 04-14-2003 12:27:20 PM
I'm doing pretty good.

I go to school for 2-3 hours a day and can do whatever I want after that.

On the other hand, I have to do my senior portfolio now, which sucks because I can't see the point of it. I'm constantly tired as hell no matter how much sleep I get (I think I need to stop drinking so much caffeine).

I could be better, yes. But I could also be doing a lot, lot worse.

[ 04-14-2003: Message edited by: Taeldian ]

Gikk
SCA babe!!!
posted 04-14-2003 12:41:19 PM
THings are... wierd.

I'm trying to yank myself through the last couple weeks of college, but I keep getting really fucking sick... So my teachers get pissed. Which isn't the best of things.

My mother.. has convinced me that moving to Texas and trying tp pull a full time job to live on my own and school is a *bad* idea... so I'm going to quit my job near the end of june, and go see brian for about two weeks... come home, get the house somewhat cleaned up, get a part time job waitressing, go back to texas in august while my parents are out of town for two weeks, then come home, go to college, take like... 19 cred hours so it will only take me 2.5 years to get though colelge instead of like... 5, with maybe still waitressing on the side. Or... I might transfer to U of Akron.. I don't know yet. Maybe do some work study?

Since I'll be moderatly able to make my own hours, it hsould be all happy, and stuff.... But i"ll still be at home.

Which is also looking up in a iwerd way. My sister's annoying-as-fuck boyfriend told her that if he doesn't get a job bby the end of may, he's going to reenlist - and that at that point, he would be a Colonel, and they would both move out. Quite a switch from him moving into our basement.

My graduation party (two years late, no less) is June 1st - that means the house has to be painted, ad the backyard refinished, and the whole house cleaned. Yay. I jump for joy. I know it's for me, but I'm not looking forward to the work. ((

And... I have a wonderful boyfriend who loves me, and a roof over my head, and food in my mouth.. All wonderful things.

So... it's wierd.

Burger
BANNED!
posted 04-14-2003 01:14:42 PM
I've never been better.

I've got two exams left, and then I'm done for the semester. I've got an easy job, with internet access, that I work 40 hours a week, and get paid to be lazy. My best friend is getting a kickass car, my other best friend is finally getting his license, so I will no longer be the ride-bitch.

I'm sitting naked in front of two monitors, a computer at my feet, one at my side, listening to 400 watt speakers. I've got a bottle of scotch next to me.

I met the most wonderful woman online, and we've been talking for hours every day for weeks, and this weekend, her parents are out of town, and we'll be meeting for the first time. She's so perfect, we're so perfect together, that I think I'm falling for her, and she for me.

Life is looking up, God is smiling down on me, and everything is as good as I could hope for.

I'm the luckiest son of a bitch I know.

Bite me.

No, Really. Bite me.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 04-14-2003 01:18:06 PM
I'm feeling fantastic. I'm rich. I'm in the Galaxies Beta.

Life could only be better if a bus full of Swedish female lap dancers became stranded outside my front door, and needed a place to stay the night.

Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 04-14-2003 04:26:27 PM
Could be better. Could be a whole lot better.
Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
Gydyon
Yes, I am a lawyer. No you can't sue them for that. Shut up, or I'll have your legs broken.
posted 04-14-2003 04:32:30 PM
We have a reception hall! Weeeeeeeeee
Gydyon
Evercrest Lawyer

Thinking about your posts
(and billing you for it) since 2001

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: