EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: A quiz
Ragabash
Pancake
posted 04-02-2003 06:09:34 AM
I only got 1 right *cry* how bout you?

Are you the weakest link? Below are four (4) questions. You have to answer them instantly. You can't take your time. Answer all of them immediately. Okay, let's find out just how clever you really are.
Ready?
GO!!! (scroll down)
First Question:
You are participating in a race. You overtake the second person. What position are you in?
Answer: If you answered that you are first, then you are absolutely wrong! If you overtake the second person and you take his place, you are second!
Try to do a little better on the second question, and don't take as much time as you took for the first question.
Second Question: If you overtake the last person, then you are in what place?
Answer: If you answered that you are second to last, then you are wrong again. How can you overtake the LAST person?
How are you doing so far?
Third Question: Very tricky math! Note: This must be done in your head only. Do NOT use paper and pencil or a calculator. Try it.
Take 1000 and add 40 to it. Now add another 1000. Now add 30. Add another 1000. Now add 20. Now add another 1000. Now add 10. What is the total?
Scroll down for answer..
Did you get 5000? The correct answer is actually 4100.

Don't believe it? Check with your calculator! Maybe you will get the last question right?
Mary's father has five daughters: Nana, Nene, Nini, Nono & ____. What is the name of the fifth daughter?
Answer: Nunu?
NO! Of course not. Her name is Mary. Read the question again.

KEEP THIS GOING TO FRUSTRATE THE "SMART PEOPLE" IN YOUR LIFE!

---------------------------------------

I got the math one right. The first two I did what it said I would. The last one I just kind of stared blankly at it and decided I spent too much time so looked at the answer. How about the rest of you?

Feed my hungry soul.
Yuri
posted 04-02-2003 06:58:56 AM
Not that difficult.. I got a 4 although I my math teacher had given me the 3rd and 4th before.
Suddar
posted 04-02-2003 07:54:14 AM
I missed the first and got the rest, after getting into the right frame of mind.
Ruvie's Alt
Haven't you always wanted a monkey?
posted 04-02-2003 10:46:05 AM
I got 0.

It's not my fault! It's Spring Break, AND I just woke up! My brain is in uber-shutdown mode or something!

very important poster
a sweet title
posted 04-02-2003 11:08:00 AM
quote:
This one time, at Suddar camp:
I missed the first and got the rest, after getting into the right frame of mind.
hey
Lenlalron Flameblaster
posted 04-02-2003 11:12:33 AM
I got 3 right, but I was in school and not really paying attention.
Grammar is your enemy! - While being able to understand someone's sentences might seem like a good idea for a proper essay, complaining on a forum scarcely leaves time for such trivialities. Write fast! You're angry, grrr! Make that show, and forget about things like capital letters, punctuation, and verbs.
Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 04-02-2003 11:32:30 AM
I got them all right :/ And I'd never heard any of them before!

Well, I've heard variations of the "Mary's father" one

Alt-F4
Pancake
posted 04-02-2003 12:29:00 PM
I got half of them right
"Well that still only counts as one."
-Gimli
Ragabash
Pancake
posted 04-02-2003 01:58:42 PM
Perhaps my score was the result of it being done at 6am just before going to bed. Yah, that's my excuse!
Feed my hungry soul.
Mog
not really a mmembe rof tis boered
posted 04-02-2003 03:37:15 PM
3 right

Regret calamities if you can thereby help the sufferer; if not, attend to your own work and allready the evil begins to be repaired
- Self Rreliance
Steven Steve
posted 04-02-2003 06:12:15 PM
I got all of them. How is that addition one supposed to be difficult? I got 4100 the first time.
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

diadem
eet bugz
posted 04-02-2003 06:35:18 PM
quote:

Answer: If you answered that you are second to last, then you are wrong again. How can you overtake the LAST person?

I donno.. maybe you LAP them... they are the LAST person... maybe the LAST person in a race is slow.

play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
Mog
not really a mmembe rof tis boered
posted 04-02-2003 07:46:25 PM
quote:
Fazum'Zen Fastfist Model 2000 was programmed to say:
I got all of them. How is that addition one supposed to be difficult? I got 4100 the first time.

Wondered tyhe smae thing, how ht hell wodul you get 5000

Regret calamities if you can thereby help the sufferer; if not, attend to your own work and allready the evil begins to be repaired
- Self Rreliance
Chugga
Pancake
posted 04-02-2003 08:00:42 PM
I missed the 2nd one.
Soldar
I'll take two of anything, please. To go.
posted 04-02-2003 08:11:16 PM
quote:
This one time, at Mog camp:
Wondered tyhe smae thing, how ht hell wodul you get 5000

Actually, my teacher read that out loud to some people.

And some got 5000.

It's just how some people's minds work I guess.

[ 04-02-2003: Message edited by: Soldar ]

Ezvien
Owes Drysart $40
posted 04-02-2003 09:56:17 PM
Eh, I got the mary one only.
*lurk*
OtakuPenguin
Peels like a tangerine, but is juicy like an orange.
posted 04-02-2003 11:37:47 PM
I only got the math one...damn
..:: This Is The Sound Of Settling ::..
Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 04-02-2003 11:45:21 PM
quote:
diadem stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
I donno.. maybe you LAP them... they are the LAST person... maybe the LAST person in a race is slow.

Doesn't matter how you do it, the given is that you've done it. So, the trick "answer" given here is wrong. Without more information, there can be no correct answer.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: