EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: War3 Exp Beta Players... Don't Play Ladder This Weekend
Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 03-29-2003 10:26:42 AM
http://neoaok.free.fr/Warcraft3/FT/bug%20agilite2.jpg

This screenshot was taken from a ladder game, NOT a custom game

See, there is a minor bug with tomes now

So naturally every fucktard and his cousin are out exploiting it to pad their records. Luckily I read the forums BEFORE playing, yeesh.

10 minutes in people are getting heroes with 300 str or agi, or level 10 due to tomes of exp.
4500hp Tauran chieftans that do 250dmg a swing when you are still upgrading your town hall certainly isn't fun

I don't know what exactly the bug IS yet, but it exists

[ 03-29-2003: Message edited by: Vorago ]

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 03-29-2003 10:33:09 AM
Wait...so if you play ladder, wouldn't NOT playing and exploiting this bug just cause you to LOSE ranks?
I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piƱa coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Vorago
posted 03-29-2003 10:52:08 AM
quote:
Densetsu had this to say about Optimus Prime:
Wait...so if you play ladder, wouldn't NOT playing and exploiting this bug just cause you to LOSE ranks?

Wait, what?

If you mean... wouldn't your exp decay from not playing?

Takes a week for that to happen

And you cannot play War3 without playing ladder. They are now one in the same. You are either playing ladder, or you are playing 'Tower cube defense 5.37'

So two days wont cause any exp decay. And if you DO play, your opponent will be using the bug chances are, and you will lose to him and lose exp pointlessly

Plus, really, how fun is it to play a game you honestly cannot win?

Ruvie's Alt
Haven't you always wanted a monkey?
posted 03-29-2003 11:12:50 AM
M'eh. If ya can't beat 'em, join 'em. If they're exploiting a bug, I don't see any reason why you can't exploit the same bug to make the playing field level.
Vorago
posted 03-29-2003 11:36:46 AM
Because the game then becomes stupid and if you aren't an AGI hero you lose?

Not to mention it is now luck of the draw, since the guy that gets an exp tome or a tome for his hero's primary stat off his first creep camp will kill you unless you get the exact same?

minute and a half after you get your hero, he walks in with a BM dealing 400dmg a shot

Oh, you lose. And lost exp!

But damn this is fun, exploiting a bug!

Just tried it out, killed an ogre and two trolls, got a 9500hp Blademaster

This was about a minute after getting my hero

Nina
posted 03-29-2003 11:36:51 AM
Look again, he DOESN'T KNOW what the bug is.

Besides, the exploiters might get suspended or something.

Vorago
posted 03-29-2003 11:38:21 AM
See, the game boils down with this bug to who has the blademaster. A 300str Chieftan VSa 300agi Blademaster isn't a fair fight. And all of the INT heroes are just downright useless in terms of the bug.

Can't wait till they fix it so I can play again

Vorago
posted 03-29-2003 11:39:16 AM
Oh, I know how it works now

Not that it matters, I'm not going to pad the record that gets deleted by being a stupid little exploiting newbie, heh

I prefer getting my wins through an actual game

Sinice Aralund
Pancake
posted 03-29-2003 01:36:43 PM
If I had a dime for every bug that involved the Blademaster...

I honestly think someone at Blizzard has a fetish with the Blademaster, and that person sneaks in bugs like that to power up their 'baby'.

...OK, that's a bit of stretch.

See, Vorago, also, normal WC3 games are lotsa fun, but mostly when it's an actual competition... when you suck, though,it's not that fun,

I've turned to something I've actually found I have a bit of talent for. Most AoS and DotA (DotA is the very best in AoS) maps are my favorites now. I've gotten really good at those, and it's kinda fun, feels a bit more personal.
...Or something.

But it's pretty fun to have people actually ask me questions about what they should do, and have someone say "dam pink, ur good".

Also, some cool maps are War of the Rings, which are sorta like a Melee map, perfectly shaped like Middle Earth, except each player is a Middle Earth nation...
Had a fun game, where I was Mordor...
The Elves disconnected.... Moria and I teamed up to kill the Dwarves. Then we teamed up and took out Gondor.

Then, The Shire (Yes, you can play as the Shire) absolutely slaughtered Saruman and his Uruk-Hai. Around this time, Moria stopped doing anything, I guess they went AFK. I took out Rohan. I was about to destroy the Shire, I'd just broken through...

Then all of a sudden, Moria rushed into Mordor and began assault Barad-Dur....

I was kinda upset at first, but then I kinda laughed as I began to imagine the game in terms of the books, trying to imagine the creatures of the Mines of Moria assaulting Mordor...

In the end, Moria destroyed Mordor, and then laid waste to the Shire and gained the One Ring.....
It was fun.

She cried out in a loud voice, "Mother, into your hands I commend my spirit";
Vorago
posted 03-29-2003 11:22:04 PM
The Blademaster has always, strangely enough... been the most balanced hero

You would think, with his 4X damage, that everyone would scream that he is broken

But I can never remember anti blademaster threads...

Seen tons of threads for heroes worse than him, but everoyne has always just accepted him as a good solid hero

The BM has always benefitted from it more than anyone

It's like those stupid "Everything is free 255 upgrades" starcraft maps
Terran always wins. Their tanks get +5 damage every upgrade, and the enemy only gets +1 armour. So by the time you get 255/255, you are doing 1000 more damage than they are a hit
Ditto goliaths

Some... situations are just always beneficial to certain units, even if said situation was never inteded to happen as a normal part of the game

Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 03-30-2003 12:30:21 AM
Well if we can't play ladder, we need to arrange something else, durn it. Sunken Ruins, channel Evercrest!
Go, go, go!
Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
Super Kagrama
ROFLELFOLOL!!!11!1 YUO CAN'T RAED MY POSTSSE!@!11
posted 03-30-2003 12:43:46 AM
I should really buy Warcraft!

But where would I find the time to play both that and Freelancer?

i shoueld joeg threw the foreast moer offeand!!11
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: