EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Book Review (possible spoilers)
Death of Rats
Pancake
posted 03-26-2003 03:47:47 PM
At about 2:30 am last night, Pacific Time, I finished Robert Jordens 10th Wheel of Time book, Crossroads of Twilight. As always, the book is well written, Butit seems that most of the book is spent on Perrin and Egwhin, then Mat. It only touches on Rand briefly, which is a same after what he did in the last book. If your looking for alot of action, it wont really be there, this is one of the books that sets up events for things to come. They should have contiuned the for a little more to talk more on Rand, what they left off with him looks to be very awsome, but unfortuantly, with they ended the book, it feels incomplete.

Over all, I give the book a 6 out of 10.

any questions about the book?

A particularly crafty sea lion is befuddling the Army Corps of Engineers, who have come to believe the 1,000-pound mammal is either from hell -- or from Harvard.
Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 03-26-2003 03:54:26 PM
Yeah I have a question.

When will RJ learn to stop pulling this shit.

I mean leaving the book open for the next installment is fine. But her really leaves it feeling half written. Not to mention the way he changes a character acts halfway through the series.

"Pacifism is a privilege of the protected"
The Curman
Pancake
posted 03-26-2003 04:02:50 PM
I read "See Spot Run"

This is a thrilling book on a dog and his journies of running, I also HIGHLY reccommend it.

I give it a 10/10.

Death of Rats
Pancake
posted 03-26-2003 04:05:34 PM
I don't he does that to often. This is the first book i think that feels half written. And about the way a character changes halfway through a series, It's called character development. Have a mans wife kidnapped, and might be dead, said man will change. Or Have a guy with enemies around him that he can't always see, his future is bleak and he know it, have things hard on him, and he's going to change.
A particularly crafty sea lion is befuddling the Army Corps of Engineers, who have come to believe the 1,000-pound mammal is either from hell -- or from Harvard.
MorbId
Pancake
posted 03-26-2003 09:23:46 PM
I checked the book out form the library the other day, haven't read it yet.

How much of the Seanchan and Mat are in it this time around?

Death of Rats
Pancake
posted 03-26-2003 09:25:53 PM
you checked out book ten from the library? the book that just came out 3 months ago? grabs the front of your shirt and shakes, what library is this, you must tell me!!!!

(not as much as they should be, their in it for a bit)

MorbId
Pancake
posted 03-26-2003 09:37:19 PM
It's the public library where I work.

I my job.

Unless you also live in Illinois, though, further details would not be terribly useful to you.

Death of Rats
Pancake
posted 03-26-2003 09:50:57 PM
... Damn you.
Steven Steve
posted 03-26-2003 10:16:25 PM
I only got about halfway through the first book, and that was enough to finish the series about 3 times over. Five minutes afterwards, I had a yawnfest
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: