EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: omg yaes!!
Nwist, Who?
Nwist
posted 03-25-2003 08:40:09 PM
I just checked my email and yesterday I got into the Warcraft 3 FT Beta. OMGZ SO HAPPAY
Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 03-25-2003 08:41:02 PM
quote:
Nwist, Baby stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
I just checked my email and yesterday I got into the Warcraft 3 FT Beta. OMGZ SO HAPPAY

Jesus Christ, how many rounds of this thing are there?
Not that I'm complaining, yo.

{EDIT} Especially since I GOT IN! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

[ 03-25-2003: Message edited by: Mr. Glass ]

Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 03-25-2003 08:41:36 PM
I don't really know what that is, but you seem pretty excited, so congrats

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Steven Steve
posted 03-25-2003 08:58:14 PM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Lyinar Ka`Bael:
I don't really know what that is, but you seem pretty excited, so congrats

ohhhhh myyy

"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

The Curman
Pancake
posted 03-25-2003 09:00:21 PM
and the villagers rejoiced!
Maradon!
posted 03-25-2003 09:00:47 PM
They tell me I'm being considered for the phase 4.3 build 2.2.07 revision 8b stage 2 mark 1.1 version 4.4.2600 pre-gold sub-beta.
BeauChan
Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
posted 03-25-2003 09:02:48 PM

I don't know whether to believe that or not

Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...
The Curman
Pancake
posted 03-25-2003 09:03:35 PM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Beaukat a.k.a Nibbles wrote:

I don't know whether to believe that or not

Why wouldnt you? Nwist never lies...never.

BeauChan
posted 03-25-2003 09:04:44 PM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when The Curman said:
Why wouldnt you? Nwist never lies...never.

no, what Maradon wrote....

And i'm probly a big loser for considering it to be true, but meh, what do I know?

The Curman
Pancake
posted 03-25-2003 09:06:15 PM
quote:
Beaukat a.k.a Nibbles was listening to Cher while typing:
no, what Maradon wrote....

And i'm probly a big loser for considering it to be true, but meh, what do I know?

its a CONSPIRACY!!

Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 03-25-2003 09:49:47 PM
Okay, Fan of Knives needs to be toned a little. Two volleys and I don't have any Ghouls left alive, anywhere.

But I want to play more. MORE! My name is Sentomancer; remember it!

Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 03-25-2003 10:14:05 PM
Fizodeth
an unflattering title
posted 03-25-2003 10:15:34 PM
Nwist, Who?
Nwist
posted 03-25-2003 10:22:03 PM
Is it just me, or does the CL suck?
Vorago
posted 03-25-2003 10:46:00 PM
quote:
Nwist, Baby had this to say about pies:
Is it just me, or does the CL suck?

What? high armour high damage high hp str hero with mid-range stormbolt?

Vorago
posted 03-25-2003 10:46:17 PM
Nwist, Who?
Nwist
posted 03-25-2003 10:47:15 PM
quote:
How.... Vorago.... uughhhhhh:
What? high armour high damage high hp str hero with mid-range stormbolt?

Without any pre-ultimate AE. And impale stuns for like... a quarter second.

King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 03-25-2003 10:47:50 PM
quote:
Vorago probably says this to all the girls:
You want suck? Try a Bloodmage

Humans always suck.

Orcs got strength. Night Elves got class. Undead got everything weird and cool.

HUMANS GOT THE SHAFT!

Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 03-25-2003 10:52:03 PM
OMG, the Brewmaster is awesome! I wish he was a regular hero.

And for a pack of borderline psychopaths, the Blood Elves have some of the funniest lines in the game.

Dragonhawk Rider: (baaaaaa) "Huh? What's a mountain goat doing up here?" (WHAM!)

I think I'm gonna start playing Humans, at last

I'll tell ya; I'm really glad that "vanguard" units (Knights, Aboms, so forth) just have lots of medium armour in place of heavy now. They weren't much more than big 300 gold pincushions in classic.

[EDIT] I dunno, I think the Blood Mage is really cool. Flame Strike is great once a melee has actually started, and the ability that turns units ethereal (whassit called again?) has some interesting tactical possibilities.
Can Etheral units be hit by "physical" spells, like Storm Bolt? And if not, would Blizzard and Flame Strike's AoE component still affect them?

Vorago
posted 03-25-2003 11:01:38 PM
Flamestrike does a LITTLE more damage than Blizzard if the units stand there for a full 7 seconds and take the entire spell

Not to mention it takes 150 mana, has a huge re-cast delay, and the enemy gets a warning of when it goes off

And impale drags the unit back to the CL

He's running? Impale while the ghouls run ahead, hero lands next to the CL, ghouls about face and trap in

Not to mention the CL is downright unkillable

If you DO get him low, just death coil him

He does his job well, he is a powerhouse tank

Vorago
posted 03-25-2003 11:03:24 PM
You know why Impale rocks?

Hero? Frost nova, death coil, Impale! Now the unit is trapped in your units and almost dead

BeauChan
posted 03-25-2003 11:03:44 PM
quote:
Nwist, Baby was listening to Cher while typing:
impale stuns for a quarter second.

shouldn't that kill someone?

Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 03-25-2003 11:07:28 PM
My only other complaint is a possible error in the matchmaker. I don't know if there just aren't many people playing or what, but I played against the same dude twice in a row

He whomped me both times
I still like Flame Strike, damn you!

Vorago
posted 03-25-2003 11:08:53 PM
quote:
Mr. Glass's fortune cookie read:
My only other complaint is a possible error in the matchmaker. I don't know if there just aren't many people playing or what, but I played against the same dude twice in a row

He whomped me both times

It did that to me once too

I THOUGHT it wouldn't allow the same opponent twice, but guess not

Nwist, Who?
Nwist
posted 03-26-2003 02:46:16 AM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Beaukat a.k.a Nibbles wrote:

Quarter second stun isn't enough to kill a unit... you know... they they have more than 10 HP

Mod
Pancake
posted 03-26-2003 06:10:56 AM
quote:
How.... Beaukat a.k.a Nibbles.... uughhhhhh:

If everything that should kill people actually killed them most computer games would be terribly boring.

Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 03-26-2003 09:04:15 PM
God, I thought I was never going to win another game. Between varios flavors of Orc rushes and overpowered NEs (come on, that fucking Warden is broken), I couldn't live long enough to learn anything. I really wish the beta included comp matches =\

Anyway, I've discovered a couple of things.

Shades can be used to stop Ancients from rooting, har har.

The Crypt Lord's Locust Swarm is insane; I think it's next in line for balancing.

Okay, I relent. The Blood Mage really does suck. Flame Strike's secondary damage should be a debuff, rather than an effect in the spell area. However, Banish and Siphon Mana are still reasonably useful, especially the former once the BM hits level 6 (ah, I see you're vulnerable to magic damage now; Tweety, KILL).

Thanks to the new teeny, tiny gold costs, Orcs no longer suffer from prohibitive resource costs. IMO, this is a bad idea. And speaking of bad ideas... Hex is crazy. Oh, you don't need that Hero for the next half minute, right? *bamf*

I want to play against ECers, gall durn it

Fizodeth
an unflattering title
posted 03-26-2003 09:12:57 PM
quote:
Mr. Glass's fortune cookie read:
I want to play against ECers, gall durn it

I want to play period.

Nwist, Who?
Nwist
posted 03-26-2003 09:19:42 PM
Account Name: AhkiofArkial.

Someone look me up, prz.