EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Still looking for talented individuals
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 03-24-2003 08:55:00 AM
Good at role play? Take it seriously in a competent manner? Going to be playing Star Wars Galaxies?

If so, read here for a very brief overview of the "Event" system, as this will form the main duties of the RP Coordinator within my organisation.

I'm looking for someone who'll generally enjoy the challenge, and since we'll be based on the unofficial RP server, it shouldn't be too hard to find like-minded individuals. You may recruit your own circle of roleplayers to assist you, if you so wish.

There may also be several other positions opening. With a member limit of 500 in-game, the sky's the limit.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 03-24-2003 08:56:57 AM
It might help if I had view and read permissions set to ALL.

Mortious smacks himself.

Lord Avatar
Pancake
posted 03-24-2003 09:06:50 AM
There's also a free-form Star Wars roleplaying forum. Just back-track to the index, and you'll see it.

Feel free to make use of it, I've enforced registration to ensure quality and anti-spam, and it'll be policed at regular intervals.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 03-24-2003 02:09:00 PM
No feedback or interest in the position?

This forum has some seriously good roleplayers, I thought that at least one would be interested.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 03-24-2003 02:11:46 PM
Yes. I'm interested.
But I told you that before.
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 03-24-2003 02:15:48 PM
quote:
Tarquinn had this to say:
Yes. I'm interested.
But I told you that before.

The position of RP Coordinator is up for grabs. First-come-first-serve.

First person who says they definately want it, gets it.

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 03-24-2003 02:20:24 PM
The only problem as I remember from past days as helping RP coordinators (I was assistant one for our old RP guild in early days of EQ) is that as the RP coordinator you either get to do little RPing and more playing Referee (Making sure everyone plays by the rules, making sure everyone gets there when they say they will be there, etc) or have to be in HARDCORE Rp mode the entire time.
Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 03-24-2003 02:26:12 PM
quote:
Katrinity said this:
The only problem as I remember from past days as helping RP coordinators (I was assistant one for our old RP guild in early days of EQ) is that as the RP coordinator you either get to do little RPing and more playing Referee (Making sure everyone plays by the rules, making sure everyone gets there when they say they will be there, etc) or have to be in HARDCORE Rp mode the entire time.

Correct, all except for the last one. RP isn't rigidly enforced in my PA, but it's still promoted as a fun engagement. You don't have to RP 24/7, you simply have to coordinate events.

It's a tough position to fill. I'll perform the job myself until I can find someone to take it off my hands. A PA leader can only do so much, I have to manage the PA bank.. the PA hall.. PA-owned facilities, etc. etc.

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 03-24-2003 02:28:01 PM
Mayor Mortay! ^.^ <hands Mort some cookies>
Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 03-24-2003 02:32:26 PM
I probably will be, once I switch to be a Politician.

Well.. either Mayor or Governor.

Ozimander
$$$$$$$$$$$
posted 03-24-2003 03:07:02 PM
I intend to get Galaxies and would be interested in the position. Infact, by your above post technically, I have the position...

Seriously, I would like to be apart of the Guild and be the RP Event Coordinator. Unless you don't want me to, then that's fine. I still intend to join the guild, regardless.

Ozius

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 03-24-2003 03:08:22 PM
If you think you're up for the job, it's yours.

It's very demanding. Do you believe you have the time and/or patience?

Ozimander
$$$$$$$$$$$
posted 03-24-2003 03:11:13 PM
Time, most definitly. While I might be busy on weekdays, the weekends are virtually empty and I would not mind devoting time to it. And patience..it all depends on what you mean? Patience with players and guild members, with dates, with waiting for Galaxies to come out, what?

Ozius

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 03-24-2003 03:14:25 PM
quote:
Ozimander had this to say:
And patience..it all depends on what you mean? Patience with players and guild members, with dates, with waiting for Galaxies to come out, what?

All of the above.

Ozimander
$$$$$$$$$$$
posted 03-24-2003 03:26:28 PM
Then yes. As long as they can type like a normal person (i.e. without numbers or the like) then yes, although I must be honest I await Galaxies on the edge of my chair and will use the time till it's release to harness my telekentic powers so I can either fly myself to Comp USA or EB or simply pull the delivery truck towards my house.

Seriously, I am patient and good humoured so dealing with guild members and other players is fine. I usually get excited for guild events but am still patient so that's all in order. The only struggle I might have with "patience" is if a non-guild member decides it would be fun to act annoying. Other then that, it's "all in order".

Ozius

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: