EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: My anti war-pansy-hippy friend told me this joke.
Blindy
Roll for initiative, Monkey Boy!
posted 03-19-2003 08:43:03 PM
What's the difference between Hitler and Bush?

Hitler was democratically elected.

I don't agree with it, it's just funny. And now kirby dances.

o-(^.^)o

o(^.^)o

o(^.^)-o

o(^.^)o

o-(^.^)o

o(^.^)o

o(^.^)-o

o(^.^)o

o-(^.^)o

o(^.^)o

o(^.^)-o

o(^.^)o

On a plane ride, the more it shakes,
The more I have to let go.
Ryuujin
posted 03-19-2003 08:46:49 PM
I don't get it.
The Curman
Pancake
posted 03-19-2003 08:51:34 PM
quote:
G.L. Ryuujin had this to say about John Romero:
I don't get it.
Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 03-19-2003 08:52:14 PM
I get it, but I don't care.
* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
-----------------------------------
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Mog
not really a mmembe rof tis boered
posted 03-19-2003 08:52:24 PM
I egt it, jsut odnt think tis funny

Regret calamities if you can thereby help the sufferer; if not, attend to your own work and allready the evil begins to be repaired
- Self Rreliance
King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 03-19-2003 08:56:24 PM
Raise your right hand if you love the French, raise your left hand if you hate the French, raise both your hands if you are the French.

GYA HA HA HAH HAHAHAkjnsakbgfaskhgb

Cheese
Pancake
posted 03-19-2003 08:56:41 PM
quote:
Mog was listening to Cher while typing:
I get it, just don't think it's funny
**~*Pink Sugar Heart Attack!*~**
Blindy
posted 03-19-2003 08:59:08 PM
It's funny because it shows the type of ignorance some people have.
Drysart
Pancake
posted 03-19-2003 09:03:53 PM
quote:
Blindy McBlinderson attempted to be funny by writing:
It's funny because it shows the type of ignorance some people have.

Yes, but probably not in the way you intended.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 03-19-2003 09:04:20 PM
I thought it was funny.

Parce's was funnier, though.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 03-19-2003 09:05:16 PM
I vote crap.
To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 03-19-2003 09:39:37 PM
Didn't find it funny

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Kaglaaz How'ler
Pancake
posted 03-19-2003 10:01:16 PM
Are there mass graves of bodies anywhere within our borders caused by the President? Is he rounding up innocents and putting tattoos on thier arms and running "experiments" on them? NO?

The Holocaust is not something to joke lightly about. The anti-war rabble seem to forget this all too quickly. You can be damned sure there would be a great many WWII veterans and Holocaust survivors leading a rebellion to pull Bush and the rest of the government down if this were the case. I for one would join them in this and I voted for him...

*grumbles about others thinking everyone should have an open mind when thiers is just as closed as anyone else.*

[edit] one final thought.
Don't agree with Bush? Fine, you have a right to your opinion like anyone else but don't forget the people doing the real work...
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

[ 03-19-2003: Message edited by: Kaglaaz How'ler ]

http://www.bloodfin.net
Azeroth™
Want my opinion?
posted 03-19-2003 10:05:11 PM
quote:
Kaglaaz How'ler had this to say about Punky Brewster:
Are there mass graves of bodies anywhere within our borders caused by the President? Is he rounding up innocents and putting tattoos on thier arms and running "experiments" on them? NO?

The Holocaust is not something to joke lightly about. The anti-war rabble seem to forget this all too quickly. You can be damned sure there would be a great many WWII veterans and Holocaust survivors leading a rebellion to pull Bush and the rest of the government down if this were the case. I for one would join them in this and I voted for him...
[/big]

There might be! Its a conspiracy!!!!!!!

[/URL]
Blindy
posted 03-19-2003 10:29:19 PM
quote:
Kaglaaz How'ler thought about the meaning of life:

*grumbles about others thinking everyone should have an open mind when thiers is just as closed as anyone else.*

[edit] one final thought.
Don't agree with Bush? Fine, you have a right to your opinion like anyone else but don't forget the people doing the real work...
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

uhm.. ok?

Ryuujin
posted 03-19-2003 10:31:43 PM
Now that I understand the joke I see what it means.

I think Kag meant that the joke makes it seem that Hitler and Bush are the same in all aspects except that one.

But it's not funny, especially at this time.

Steven Steve
posted 03-19-2003 11:22:44 PM
quote:
Iron Parcelan obviously shouldn't have said:
Raise your right hand if you love the French, raise your left hand if you hate the French, raise both your hands if you are the French.

GYA HA HA HAH HAHAHAkjnsakbgfaskhgb

haha

"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 03-19-2003 11:26:52 PM
Blindy's joke was not funny. Rating - "Crap"

Parce's joke was funny. Rating - 5

Actual rating I give this thread. 2

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Nina
posted 03-19-2003 11:34:56 PM
It offended people - I give it a five!
Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 03-19-2003 11:36:50 PM
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 03-19-2003 11:38:37 PM
quote:
Tier had this to say about Cuba:
It offended people - I give it a five!

/agree

Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 03-20-2003 12:45:04 AM
Your anti war-pansy-hippy friend is an idiot.
Blindy
posted 03-20-2003 12:51:09 AM
quote:
Mooj had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
Your anti war-pansy-hippy friend is an idiot.

finally, some one gets the point!

OtakuPenguin
Peels like a tangerine, but is juicy like an orange.
posted 03-20-2003 08:13:11 AM
quote:
This one time, at T. E. Bloodsage camp:
I vote crap.
..:: This Is The Sound Of Settling ::..
nem-x
posted 03-20-2003 09:34:30 AM
Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 03-20-2003 10:27:39 AM
LMAO
Nem those are great.
"Pacifism is a privilege of the protected"
Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 03-20-2003 09:44:09 PM
Why did Saddam Hussein shoot his wife?

Because she took off her clothes and he saw Bush.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLZ

You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory.
Kaglaaz How'ler
Pancake
posted 03-21-2003 02:06:28 AM
quote:
Kahuna Ryuu had this to say about Knight Rider:
Now that I understand the joke I see what it means.

I think Kag meant that the joke makes it seem that Hitler and Bush are the same in all aspects except that one.

But it's not funny, especially at this time.

Bingo! It says what is the DIFFERENCE. Meaning that there have been War Crimes and other human atrocities.

My feelings run deep when it comes to anti-war rhetoric. My father, after fighting in Vietnam, was walking down the street off-base in the city he was stationed before discharge. Some hippy walks up to him and spits in his face. My father had no choice but to fight in that war. He was one of the draftees. My grandfather and his brothers all were in WWII. 2 of them were in Europe in the region supporting the Battle of the Bulge. 8th and 9th infantry. To have thier memories of what they were fighting for sullied by comparisons of a new Nazi Regime is sad to say the least. I tend to lash out harshly because of it. It's not a personal attack on anyone here let me assure you...

Right now, UBT and I'm going to guess Bloodsage are serving our country in a war I see as fair and just. Hussien has had 12 years to comply with the UN's orders. It's been long enough. Arguments otherwise can find the heading of thier arguement below...

1. We should send more inspectors!

- Analogize it to your kid caught smoking weed, who denies everything and is defensive and accusatory. At what point do you actually punish the child for smoking weed? Do you just keep hiring babysitters ad nauseam to watch over him? At some point you have to lay down the law and Mean What You Say.

2. There is always time for war: this should be a time for peace and we need more time.

- 12 years is not enough time? How much more time do you need?

- Negotiating and Contracts require a meeting of the minds where both parties come to the table with clean hands. We cannot trust Saddam, he is a proven liar, so it is impossible to work with him.

- Cameras and Inspectors were in North Korea. We waited for them to get in line, and what did it get us? Nukes right up in our face. Do we really want to do this again?

- (See also: Chamberlain, Neville and the Molotov-Ribbentrop pact [Nazi-Russian non aggression pact])

3. They weren’t in involved in 9-11!

- We’re not fighting a war against 9-11, this is a war on International Terror, of which 9-11 was only an example. He funds suicide bomber campaigns in Israel, which has been proven.

4. Saddam is only a threat to his own people - Only a threat to his neighbors.

- Sure he is maiming and killing his people, but then Hitler only killed his own Jews.

- Israel is a neighbor, you don’t dismiss her. Saddam funds the suicide bombers that kill Israelis regularly.

- Light of the Arabs, “The sword of Islam” – Saddam is rebuilding Babylon a la Nebuchadnezzar and is trying to unite the “Arab World”. How do you unite the Arab world? Bring them against their common enemy Israel. Also think about this: is radical Islam only a threat to the neighbors or can it easily come over here?

5. Israel gets WMD, we have WMD, we used them, why can’t Saddam have them?

- First ask: Are nuclear weapons ever an appropriate option?

- Yes: Consider World War 2 – the use of Atomic weapons in Japan brought an immediate end to a bloody and costly campaign. Lives were saved by doing so.

- No: This position is against world opinion: Many “sane” and non-belligerent nations have WMD, and nobody thinks this is a problem. We are trying to stop a maniac from getting them and using them.

- As for Israel, they are constantly threatened by belligerent states: they should have them, and further they haven’t used them, and oh yeah there isn’t a stack of binding resolutions against Israel.

6. We’re all alone – we need the world!

- And the world we shall have: 68% of Americans support war as compared to 41% for the earlier conflict.

- This time we have a bigger coalition than last time:
the only thing that stands in our way is the French and Germans

- Last week alone 8 more additions to the roster

- Yesterday: 10 more. Former Iron Curtain states at that.

7. Its only about oil!

Two responses:

- Analyze who is going to gain from the oil glut on the market. Wait a minute... if there is a huge glut on the market, Supply/Demand logic means the oil prices will plummet. Bush and his cronies in the oil world will take a substantial hit.

- “No war, for oil.” I will insure there is no war, you give me the oil. France, et al., have contracts with Iraq: they stand to lose billions if Saddam is removed.

8. The evidence is made up!

- Those who refuse to believe the credibility of the US are immune to logic. If they doubt US credibility, they cannot be reasoned with. However, the US is not the sole source of the evidence: some of it came from Iraq itself. Why not go to the source?

9. We gave them weapons in the 80’s!

- In American criminal law, the seller of the gun is almost always not criminally liable for murder. Remember one of the basic rules of international politics: “The enemy of my enemy is my friend.” Alliances exist until they are no longer politically tenable.

10. This is the first ever preemptive strike!

- This is not a pre emptive strike, but a resumption of hostilities. The first Gulf war 1 ended in a cease fire. Under certain conditions, we stopped bombing Iraq. However, as Iraq has failed its UN obligations, we have intermittently resumed bombing in the last decade or so with impunity. Therefore this would just be picking up where we left off.

11. The Bush Doctrine/War on Terror is only a theory.

- Theories are unproved hypotheses. Gravity started as a theory, but now it is a law because it has been applied and proven. This doctrine/war is not a theory because it is being applied, and it is having results in disrupting terrorist operations. So it is not hypothetical anymore. (Remember, this is still the gulf war, which never stopped. See 10.)

12. But nobody inspects America?

- This is Completely False: See the Strategic Arms Limitations Treaty and the Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty, SALT and START, respectively require constant verification of our nuclear/biological stockpile. (note: the most drastic nuclear reduction in America occurred under Bush Sr) (See also Cold Dawn: The Story of Salt by John Newhouse and The nuclear non-proliferation regime : prospects for the 21st century by Thomas, Raju G. C.)

13. Iraq’s weapons are not very effective anyway.

- See Iraq’s statements from early 1990 detailing VX gas, Anthrax. See also images of practice spraying with Mirage Jet from yesterday.

Pinhead calls in:

- Jesus was surrounded by evil and never killed anyone: yes. but we’re not the Son of God. Also, God tells us repeatedly in the Bible to fight.

- The only experience George Bush has with kill people is the Death Penalty: Walk away since it is Bush Bashing here. These people cannot be reasoned with.

- Draft age children: You’re not willing to die for anything, and you want someone else to do it for you. Pure selfishness

http://www.glennbeck.com/news/02062003a.shtml Iraqi Cheat Sheet courtesy of Glenn Beck.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 03-21-2003 08:53:30 AM
Surveys the verbal mayhem.

/golfclap

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Kaglaaz How'ler
Pancake
posted 03-21-2003 12:32:08 PM
quote:
From the book of T. E. Bloodsage, chapter 3, verse 16:
Surveys the verbal mayhem.

/golfclap

You've been strangly silent 'sage

Kekvit Irae
Pancake
posted 03-21-2003 12:49:52 PM
Damn, yo
Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 03-21-2003 12:58:11 PM
quote:
So quoth Kaglaaz How'ler:
You've been strangly silent 'sage

He is to busy helping bomb Iraq

Why play on the internet when you can help put a laser guided bomb up Saddam's ass...

"Pacifism is a privilege of the protected"
Mog
not really a mmembe rof tis boered
posted 03-22-2003 10:08:37 AM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Kaglaaz How'ler said this:
-some fancy stuff-

Regret calamities if you can thereby help the sufferer; if not, attend to your own work and allready the evil begins to be repaired
- Self Rreliance
Koosh Man
Pancake
posted 03-22-2003 10:33:49 AM
quote:

- In American criminal law, the seller of the gun is almost always not criminally liable for murder. Remember one of the basic rules of international politics: “The enemy of my enemy is my friend.” Alliances exist until they are no longer politically tenable.

Where have you been the last few years? It's ALWAYS the dealer's fault, along with the manufacturers and distributors!

liquidsub
I LIKE TO STEAL STUFF. THIS POST IS PROBABLY ABOUT HOW ITS SILLY TO PAY FOR SOMETHING THAT YOU CAN JUST DOWNLOAD FOR FREE
posted 03-22-2003 04:17:47 PM
I get it, what a terrible joke.
The next time I hear a protestor saying that Bush is Hitler, I'm going to bash my head against the wall in my Berserker rage.
DVD Fansub Distribution: www.liquidanime.com
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 03-22-2003 04:58:33 PM
quote:
liquidsub had this to say about Captain Planet:
I get it, what a terrible joke.
The next time I hear a protestor saying that Bush is Hitler, I'm going to bash my head against the wall in my Berserker rage.

No no no... you've got it all wrong. Bang their head against the wall in a berserker rage.

Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 03-22-2003 05:06:15 PM
Good Jesus.

All he meant is that Bush was voted by a Republic system (representative democracy) instead of a direct democracy because he received fewer actual votes but still won because of the electoral college, I think.

But some people didn't get it. It's actually kinda funny.

[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
Koosh Man
Pancake
posted 03-22-2003 05:21:58 PM
quote:
How.... Where's Waisz?.... uughhhhhh:
Good Jesus.

All he meant is that Bush was voted by a Republic system (representative democracy) instead of a direct democracy because he received fewer actual votes but still won because of the electoral college, I think.

But some people didn't get it. It's actually kinda funny.

And if you believe that, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn I can sell you for cheap!

If that's THE ONLY WAY DIFFERENCE, Waisz...

*waits for it...*

[ 03-22-2003: Message edited by: Someone Else ]

Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 03-22-2003 05:38:52 PM
quote:
Someone Else had this to say about Duck Tales:
And if you believe that, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn I can sell you for cheap!

If that's THE ONLY WAY DIFFERENCE, Waisz...

*waits for it...*

Okay, I automatically ignored the rest of what it implied, I think. I kinda left out the rest of the levels of thinking for it.

But that's just me. I saw what it was, another jab at Bush getting in with fewer votes, and went on.

[ 03-22-2003: Message edited by: Where's Waisz? ]

[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
very important poster
a sweet title
posted 03-22-2003 05:40:02 PM
I'm going to bookmark this thread. That was nothing short of brilliant, Kag.

As for the joke, I get it (Bush and Hitler are alike except that Bush didn't get voted in by the majority of his people), but it's pretty retarded.

[ 03-22-2003: Message edited by: McGiantt ]

hey
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: