EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: I am the Token Hard of Hearing Jew
liquidsub
I LIKE TO STEAL STUFF. THIS POST IS PROBABLY ABOUT HOW ITS SILLY TO PAY FOR SOMETHING THAT YOU CAN JUST DOWNLOAD FOR FREE
posted 03-13-2003 12:04:18 AM
So sad, so true. I'm left out of groups, I don't fit in any crowrds, and I can't hear shit. I need a cookie. Feel sorry for me, and give me a cookie.
Don't worry, no bad gothic poetry will be written.
DVD Fansub Distribution: www.liquidanime.com
Nwist, Who?
Nwist
posted 03-13-2003 12:05:16 AM
Damn Jews. No body likes you guys.
Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 03-13-2003 12:05:44 AM
thx info

Time was never on my side.
So on I wait my whole lifetime.

liquidsub
I LIKE TO STEAL STUFF. THIS POST IS PROBABLY ABOUT HOW ITS SILLY TO PAY FOR SOMETHING THAT YOU CAN JUST DOWNLOAD FOR FREE
posted 03-13-2003 12:06:56 AM
Yeah, Jews can suck my nuts. They took Palestine and are calling it Israel. Those silly Jews!
Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 03-13-2003 12:09:38 AM
quote:
From the book of liquidsub, chapter 3, verse 16:
Yeah, Jews can suck my nuts. They took Palestine and are calling it Israel. Those silly Jews!

O...k...?

Right here and now, I'm calling my bet. Page two lockdown, by Dolemite.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Maradon!
posted 03-13-2003 12:11:16 AM
The problem with this thread is that I have no idea if he's serious, and if he is whether he's making a religious statement, political statement, or being sad because he has a hearing problem.
King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 03-13-2003 12:12:08 AM
I'll say four to ten posts by Azizza and about one or two by Callalron.

A bunch of "you morons" and bob's your uncle.

Azeroth™
Want my opinion?
posted 03-13-2003 12:13:30 AM
I don't get this thread

[/URL]
liquidsub
posted 03-13-2003 12:13:50 AM
Really though, why must people be so lazy with hard of hearing people? At least Mog wasn't so damn lazy and we're friends. People just want to immedietly talk with people, they want to be heard. If they can't be heard by someone, they'll move onto the next person.

Theres another person in my school who lost her hearing last year. She used to be in groups and stuff, but now nobody accepts her anymore.

[ 03-13-2003: Message edited by: liquidsub ]

Archer-Penguin
Pancake
posted 03-13-2003 12:14:29 AM
That is a shame =(

Poor girl

[center]
Ta-Daa![/center]
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 03-13-2003 12:16:13 AM
No hope of cochlear implants or anything of the sort?
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

liquidsub
posted 03-13-2003 12:16:55 AM
No... I get that quite a lot.
Maradon!
posted 03-13-2003 12:20:06 AM
To be honest, I think it might just be that the fact that you can't hear makes people feel awkward trying to communicate with you.

There's also the possability that people in high schools are just complete assholes.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 03-13-2003 12:22:13 AM
what? questions about cochlear implants?

Well the reason for that, I would think, is that people who lost their hearing would probably like it back, and that seems to be the best option currently available, though it (obviously) isn't for everyone.

People born with a lack of the hearing sense often times seem to get touchy about people insinuating that they should want their hearing. I never mean it like that, of course. There's a world out there that someone born deaf can never appreciate (music for one), but being deaf doesn't invalidate their inherent worth as humans. Nor does it in any way ennoble them above and beyond the value of people with their hearing. Equality for all, handicapped or not, is a completely separate issue from repairing a handicap.

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 03-13-2003 12:25:50 AM
I'd strangle you for your illegal art of pirating japanese anime and giving it out to people free...
liquidsub
posted 03-13-2003 12:32:06 AM
Since being hard of hearing is bad enough, I don't know how the hell deaf people live their shitty lives without shooting themselves. And yeah, I get that question a lot about implants. Isn't there anything besides cocliar implants? I can never hear anything from speakers except for telephones. That means I can't hear lyrics from music or what people are saying in movies, tv, etc. I have really messed up hearing. Yes I can hear music, sound effects, people talking; the only thing I cannot hear are the people talking, by that I mean I can't ever make out what they're saying.
Blindy
Roll for initiative, Monkey Boy!
posted 03-13-2003 12:34:40 AM
quote:
liquidsub enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
Since being hard of hearing is bad enough, I don't know how the hell deaf people live their shitty lives without shooting themselves. And yeah, I get that question a lot about implants. Isn't there anything besides cocliar implants? I can never hear anything from speakers except for telephones. That means I can't hear lyrics from music or what people are saying in movies, tv, etc. I have really messed up hearing. Yes I can hear music, sound effects, people talking; the only thing I cannot hear are the people talking, by that I mean I can't ever make out what they're saying.

I fight you for title of coolest handicapible person on the board.

On a plane ride, the more it shakes,
The more I have to let go.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 03-13-2003 12:36:29 AM
Sounds like low-line hearing loss. They used to make miracle ear hearing aids specifically designed for people who can generally hear, but have a hard time differentiating human speach forms. Dunno if they still make them or not (I presume they do).

liquidsub
posted 03-13-2003 12:49:06 AM
Yes... I kick ass. I kick major ass. All shall bow to me. It appears that I can only pick up girls who don't know I'm hard of hearing; they somehow think that the 'things in my ears' are a stylish thing. Some simply just can't seem to notice, yet my hair is short allowing my hearing aids to be visible.
Mog
not really a mmembe rof tis boered
posted 03-13-2003 07:41:09 PM
quote:
liquidsub had this to say about (_|_):
Yes... I kick ass. I kick major ass. All shall bow to me. It appears that I can only pick up girls who don't know I'm hard of hearing; they somehow think that the 'things in my ears' are a stylish thing. Some simply just can't seem to notice, yet my hair is short allowing my hearing aids to be visible.

Just tell them all theri your bling bling

Regret calamities if you can thereby help the sufferer; if not, attend to your own work and allready the evil begins to be repaired
- Self Rreliance
liquidsub
posted 03-13-2003 08:39:23 PM
Actually I say bling-bling to prove to them that I'm actually a token character. They laugh everytime.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: