EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Question
OtakuPenguin
Peels like a tangerine, but is juicy like an orange.
posted 03-06-2003 07:52:14 PM
Is this possible?

XellossTheMazoku: I was reinstalling and I clicked on download everything, and the next thing I know, it was processing about buying LoY

Because since he is my cousin and has no means of paying himself, his EQ account is on my Parent's credit card, he says he "Accidently" ordered LoY. Is that even possible? I have a big feeling there is some big prompt for it.

..:: This Is The Sound Of Settling ::..
BetaTested
Not gay, but loves the cock!
posted 03-06-2003 07:58:03 PM
There is a big prompt for it, and you can cancel it.

Got Xfire? Join me in the crusade to knock WoW from it's lofty #1 most played Xfire game with Solitare!
OtakuPenguin
posted 03-06-2003 08:05:36 PM
lol, ok, he lied then =p
Iulius Kaesar
Pancake
posted 03-06-2003 08:08:18 PM
The place to buy LoY is at the server select screen, long after the patcher runs. The patcher doesn't know who you are yet (you haven't logged in), so it wouldn't know who to bill the expansion to.

That said, if he wants to "accidently" charge his parents 20 bucks for an expansion, well, I hope he enjoys his froggy.

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 03-06-2003 08:43:05 PM
quote:
OtakuPenguin had this to say about dark elf butts:
lol, ok, he lied then =p

Well, maybe or maybe not.

Did he actually BUY the expansion, or did he just tell the patcher to Download everything?

If he just delt with the patcher, it will have installed all the stuff needed for LoY, but he still won't have it turned on for his account. There won't be a charge for it either.

Easiest way to check is to find out if he can actually make a froggie. If he can go to a server that he has a blank slot on, and fully make one (I don't know if you can still "partially" make one still), then he did something he souldn't have done.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
OtakuPenguin
posted 03-06-2003 08:45:49 PM
Oh, ok!

Then he didn't, all he did was patch, thanks Chibs, he usually isn't one to lie.

Mog
not really a mmembe rof tis boered
posted 03-06-2003 08:57:51 PM
tll him to come by ec more, he was cool

Regret calamities if you can thereby help the sufferer; if not, attend to your own work and allready the evil begins to be repaired
- Self Rreliance
Taeldian
Pancake
posted 03-07-2003 12:44:56 AM
I accidentally bought LoY because the "accept" button was in the wrong place and I had no chance to stop it from ordering.

...Not that I'm complaining.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 03-07-2003 12:49:09 AM
Your sigpic amuses me for some reason, Taeldian. Jolly good.
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

OtakuPenguin
posted 03-07-2003 01:21:05 AM
quote:
Mog enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
tll him to come by ec more, he was cool

No, he wasn't =p

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: