EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: God, I hope it's true...
Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 03-04-2003 02:59:00 AM
quote:
Nintendo is currently working on two new Zelda games.
One of em is a GBA quest which is developed by Capcom, the other is a GCN Zelda which is using the infamous Spacewrold 2000 engine.
This means that you and me will get an Ocarina like Zelda adventure for our trusty cubes. Mr. Miyamoto revealed this in an interview with IGN yesterday.
A demo of the new GCN Zelda is supposed to appear at this May's E3 along with Donkey Kong and GCN Pokèmon ++
Nintendo also has plans to release bonus discs for F-Zero and Starfox similar to the one for Zelda, but this is not yet decided.

A new zelda game... supposedly in 3D, thank god This may actually possibly make up for Wind Waker!!!

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 03-04-2003 03:32:09 AM
sweet
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 03-04-2003 03:36:40 AM
Ah, too hopeful. Here is the exact text from the question on a possible Spaceworld 2000-esque zelda.

quote:
Q: Everyone loves Wind Waker. But a lot of us would have preferred the darker style of the Space World 2000 Zelda. Are there any plans to make a Zelda game with that style?

Shigeru Miyamoto/Eiji Aonuma: I think that once people actually play Wind Waker and get into the game they will immediately understand why we chose the graphical style that we did to go with it. Even if people are fans of the more graphical looking Zelda games, I think that if they will just give this game a chance, pick it up and play it, they will immediately be engulfed in the Zelda world, really understand, and kind of accept the game for what it is.

As for whether or not we'll actually go and create a more realistic looking Zelda game, it's really a question of what kind of game the next one will be. Obviously the graphical style or methods of expressions that we choose will be highly dependent on what type of game it is. We haven't come up with the idea for the game yet, but once we do, we'll have to take a look at what the best method of expression will be for that game and so we'll go through that process. There is definitely the possibility that we will create a more realistic Zelda game.

One of the most important things with the Zelda franchise is that players must really feel that Link is almost themselves in the game. In that sense, there really has to be very natural and fluid interaction between the player and the character. When you don't have that, you certainly lose some of the nature that makes Zelda what it is.

If you were to go with the more realistic looking Link, you'd have to have so much movement to the face for him to be able to essentially impact the emotions of the player and make it feel like the player is emoting through Link. That would require so much time and energy to create those graphics to allow the face to do that.

Also, particularly when you have realistic graphics and you have a character moving through and around objects in an unnatural way, it just stands out all the more. It's even more unnatural than having these toon-shaded style graphics with natural and realistic movement. That's why we've spent so much time and energy with the director and the designer to really go through and focus on making the gameplay fun and making Link really emotive in the game to really draw the player into the world.

Neither confirmed nor denied. Its a possiblity. This person that made that statement seems to be pulling alot of stuff out of their ass. There was no mention of them doing this for F Zero or Starfox, they were mentioned by the interviewer, and again, they were neither confirmed nor denied.

There was NO mention of a GameBoy Advance Zelda game.

UNLESS this came from IGN and stuff they didnt put in the interview, I'm calling bullshit

As for the Donkey Kong game...yet again. Mentioned by the interviewer, not confirmed by Miyamoto.

And damnit, Wind Waker is not the Great Satan!

[ 03-04-2003: Message edited by: Falaanla Marr ]

Talonus
Loner
posted 03-04-2003 08:00:17 AM
Donkey Kong game was confirmed a couple days ago actually. The F-Zero bonus disk is being considered, but not confirmed. The F-Zero and Starfox GC games already have Japanese release dates, so I'm guessing they're confirmed.
Maradon!
posted 03-04-2003 08:21:36 AM
quote:
Falaanla Marr enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
And damnit, Wind Waker is not the Great Satan!

Isn't that the new pokemon game?

HAAAAAHAHAHAAHAHA.

quote:
Also, particularly when you have realistic graphics and you have a character moving through and around objects in an unnatural way, it just stands out all the more. It's even more unnatural than having these toon-shaded style graphics with natural and realistic movement.

Of course, if you just can't immerse yourself in a game that looks like a bad episode of Rugrats, you're SOL. Now, excuse me, my daily dump truck full of crack has arrived.

[ 03-04-2003: Message edited by: Maradon XP ]

Canadian Mountee
Rumble Pak+FMV Sequence=FUN!
posted 03-04-2003 09:20:30 AM
I really can't wait to play Wind Waker.

I must be insane or something, the game looks fun.

The World is Yours
Lenlalron Flameblaster
posted 03-04-2003 09:36:10 AM
quote:
Liam attempted to be funny by writing:

ZELDA!!! MORE LIKE CELDA

Grammar is your enemy! - While being able to understand someone's sentences might seem like a good idea for a proper essay, complaining on a forum scarcely leaves time for such trivialities. Write fast! You're angry, grrr! Make that show, and forget about things like capital letters, punctuation, and verbs.
Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 03-04-2003 10:06:51 AM
Graphics have never rated as the most important part of a game to me. However Wind Wanker is just to much. Just looking at the graphics pisses me off. I refuse to even touch this game. Up till the day of release I hoped that it was all some joke and the real game would look good. I lost all faith in Nintendo when they came out with that piece of garbage.
"Pacifism is a privilege of the protected"
Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 03-04-2003 10:11:53 AM
quote:
Maradon XP thought about the meaning of life:

Of course, if you just can't immerse yourself in a game that looks like a bad episode of Rugrats, you're SOL. Now, excuse me, my daily dump truck full of crack has arrived.

Remember the good 'ol days of graphics when everything looked liked...Moo3?

[ 03-04-2003: Message edited by: Reynar ]

"Give me control of a nation's money, and I care not who makes its laws."
-Mayer Rothschild
Canadian Mountee
Rumble Pak+FMV Sequence=FUN!
posted 03-04-2003 10:33:57 AM
quote:
Azizza had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
Graphics have never rated as the most important part of a game to me. However Wind Wanker is just to much. Just looking at the graphics pisses me off. I refuse to even touch this game. Up till the day of release I hoped that it was all some joke and the real game would look good. I lost all faith in Nintendo when they came out with that piece of garbage.

I lost all my faith in you after your first flame war

JUST KIDDIN BUDDY!

The World is Yours
Lenlalron Flameblaster
posted 03-04-2003 10:40:26 AM
You all need to get kicked in the face a couple of times. It's LINK. Gasp, it's Celda! So? It might actually look really good when it's being played. IT JUST MIGHT WORK OUT. Also, you get Master quest, so, if you're really just a graphics whore, you can go get high on GC remade N64 graphics.

[ 03-04-2003: Message edited by: Lenny ]

Grammar is your enemy! - While being able to understand someone's sentences might seem like a good idea for a proper essay, complaining on a forum scarcely leaves time for such trivialities. Write fast! You're angry, grrr! Make that show, and forget about things like capital letters, punctuation, and verbs.
Aury
My hair is a deadly weapon
posted 03-04-2003 11:22:05 AM
I'm not sure how I feel about capcom developing zelda games...I'll wait to see it before forming an opinion.
Maradon!
posted 03-04-2003 01:03:18 PM
quote:
Verily, Lenny doth proclaim:
It might actually look really good when it's being played.

I've played it, it doesn't. At all.

Super Kagrama
ROFLELFOLOL!!!11!1 YUO CAN'T RAED MY POSTSSE!@!11
posted 03-04-2003 01:05:56 PM
quote:
Maradon XP thought about the meaning of life:
I've played it, it doesn't. At all.

Yeah, it wasn't that good. Link pulls out his sword too quickly. And I don't get what the 50 piece orchestra and gigantic purple flash was for when you hit an enemy.

i shoueld joeg threw the foreast moer offeand!!11
Maradon!
posted 03-04-2003 01:09:02 PM
quote:
Super Kagrama had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
Yeah, it wasn't that good. Link pulls out his sword too quickly.

All a part of the "Warner Brothers-esque" animation style I guess. I was waiting for him to pull a giant mallet out of thin air and clobber his enemies as a finishing blow. I can see the stars and birdies circling thier heads now.

Oh, and before you ask, my local EB has a fairly extensive demo available at it's gamecube stand, which I played for the better part of a half hour, if only to be certain that my worse fears were true. They were.

Death of Rats
Pancake
posted 03-04-2003 01:15:25 PM
quote:
Khyron had this to say about Knight Rider:
A new zelda game... supposedly in 3D, thank god This may actually possibly make up for Wind Waker!!!

Wind Waker or Wind Breaker?

A particularly crafty sea lion is befuddling the Army Corps of Engineers, who have come to believe the 1,000-pound mammal is either from hell -- or from Harvard.
Nwist, Who?
Nwist
posted 03-04-2003 02:20:11 PM
quote:
Lenny had this to say about the Spice Girls:
You all need to get kicked in the face a couple of times. It's LINK. Gasp, it's Celda! So? It might actually look really good when it's being played. IT JUST MIGHT WORK OUT. Also, you get Master quest, so, if you're really just a graphics whore, you can go get high on GC remade N64 graphics.

omg u idiot GRAFIX AER the ONLY THING THAT MATTREZZ IN A GAME THESE DAYS!!11!@#~

Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 03-04-2003 02:29:45 PM
At first when I saw the Cel-shaded graphics, they made Link's head look like an overripe watermelon. It was huge, lol.

Then I got my gameplay disc of OoT and MQ in the mail and looked at the movies of gameplay. My notes :

1) Not all smoke is supposed to be swirly. There was a great big menacing dragon that I could not stop laughing at because of the ridiculously HAPPAY SHWIRLAY SCHMOKE effects.

2) The eyes in that game are seriously wigged. I had a nightmare about those weird-ass eyes. They make Ganondorf's eyes in OoT look bright and friendly.

3) As I've said before, the gameplay itself looks decent, but it seems like they cut too many corners on the graphics. The hookshot looks okay, the grappling hook looks ugly as all hell. The Master Sword, thank GOD, looks decent even though it looks like it weighs about as much as link himself does.

I honestly don't mind the enemies being cel shaded, but I do have to say that I didn't see a single enemy in the demo that looked a third as menacing as a stalfos in OoT did. They're just too cartoony happy evil. If I didn't know better I'd say nintendo markets this game for preschoolers who'd be scared to death of Ganon's final form in OoT...

In all honesty I preordered Wind Waker for the OoT/MQ disc; the other crap I'm probably going to play for two days, then take in and exchange for store credit towards galaxies, like I did with DMC2.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 03-04-2003 05:49:23 PM
quote:
Liam probably says this to all the girls:

I am insane too

Lynora Dar
Pancake
posted 03-04-2003 08:03:13 PM
ZeldaZeldaZeldaZeldaZeldaZeldaZeldaZeldaZeldaZeldaZeldaZeldaZeldaZeldaZeldaZeldaZeldaZeldaZeldaZeldaZeldaZeldaZeldaZeldaZeldaZeldaZeldaZeldaZeldaZeldaZeldaZeldaZeldaZeldaZeldaZelda ZeldaZeldaZeldaZeldaZeldaZeldaZeldaZeldaZeldaZeldaZeldaZeldaZeldaZelda

Idon'tcarewhatitlookslike,it'sZelda!

The Speedy Gonzales of Kitty Kats!
Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 03-04-2003 08:51:33 PM
quote:
Death of Rats had this to say about pies:
Wind Waker or Wind Breaker?

It's "Wind Wanker", that's why his head's so big.

Like some of the others, I'm buying it for OoT. LoZ:WW I could do without.

As for Capcom making some Zelda games? I have no problems with that, but I hope they do something different with them. I wanna see Link get kidnapped for a change, and Zelda charge off to rescue him, with a magic wand in one hand and a mace in the other.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 03-04-2003 09:39:03 PM
Psst. Capcom has already DONE two zelda games.

Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons.

Skaw
posted 03-04-2003 10:10:01 PM
quote:
Falaanla Marr spewed forth this undeniable truth:

And Four Swords~

Also, its not the graphic style that turns me off from Wind Waker. It's the character style.

[ 03-04-2003: Message edited by: Skaw ]

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 03-04-2003 10:18:21 PM
quote:
Falaanla Marr spewed forth this undeniable truth:

I don't care what they've done allready, I just want to see Princess Zelda kicking some ass on her own someday. I wanna see her do a southpaw swing with a spiked mace, right to Gannon's crotch. (Now THERE'S a cut-scene!)

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Tegadil
Queen of the Smoofs
posted 03-04-2003 10:21:10 PM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Palador ChibiDragon:
I don't care what they've done allready, I just want to see Princess Zelda kicking some ass on her own someday. I wanna see her do a southpaw swing with a spiked mace, right to Gannon's crotch. (Now THERE'S a cut-scene!)

I'm pretty sure there was a disc game on a system that bombed years ago, and you played as Zelda.

Maradon!
posted 03-04-2003 10:34:48 PM

meeeemorieeees....

And now, exclusive screen shot from Wind Wanker 2!

I'm sure you'll grow to appreciate this radical new style.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 03-05-2003 09:05:39 AM
Zelda has a history of excellent, solid storytelling and well thought-out and interesting characters. Plus quite a bit of challenge in both the platforming and puzzle department, and side quests that made you have to think quite a bit.

Given its history, I have high hopes for this one. In LttP you were a little sprite. In 1 and 2 you were a 2D guy in a side scroller, cept when you were on the world map, then it was back to sprite.

Zelda's proven itself more than enough in the past that I am eagerly looking forward to this one.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Talonus
Loner
posted 03-05-2003 12:30:57 PM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael had this to say about Tron:
Zelda has a history of excellent, solid storytelling and well thought-out and interesting characters.

What about Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, the forgotten child? Its the ugly stepchild of the Zelda series for a reason.

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 03-05-2003 01:30:00 PM
quote:
Talonus thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
What about Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, the forgotten child? Its the ugly stepchild of the Zelda series for a reason.

Hey, I actually liked Zelda II.

I've got to admit though, it wasn't really much of a Zelda game. It was fun, but it wasn't Zelda.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: