EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Just when you thought PETA couldn't get any more moronic...
Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 02-28-2003 12:30:51 PM
They made an exhibit named Holocaust on your Plate. They have giant blown up pictures of Jews in concentration camps, with pigs and cows and stuff transposed into the pictures.

Of course, the Jews told them they're fucking idiots. And PETA was, as usual, completely surprised that people wouldn't "get it".

You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory.
Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 02-28-2003 12:38:06 PM
I have never been under the illusion that PeTA could not get more moronic. They are one of the only groups that can not shock me with thier stupidity.

They are also running a campain right now to get the state drink changed from Milk to beer in some state or another. They tried this type of thing back in '99 I think it was. They went to colleges all around and told students they should drink beer instead of milk. MADD just about blew thier top along wiht most people with more than two brain cells.

"Pacifism is a privilege of the protected"
Ryuujin
posted 02-28-2003 12:41:57 PM
http://www.masskilling.com/exhibit.html

There's the link to the images.

[ 02-28-2003: Message edited by: G.L. Ryuujin ]

Niklas
hay guys whats going on in this title?
posted 02-28-2003 12:45:26 PM
quote:
A sleep deprived G.L. Ryuujin stammered:
http://www.masskilling.com/exhibit.html

There's the link to the images.

The PETA needs to just..

*shrugs* I don't know hot to say it but I'm absolutely disgusted.

Drysart
Pancake
posted 02-28-2003 12:48:47 PM
It sure is a holocaust all right. A delicious holocaust.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 02-28-2003 12:49:32 PM
We should hold a barbeque right across the road from PETA headquarters. I bet those hamburgers would taste extra special delicious.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Ryuujin
posted 02-28-2003 12:54:21 PM
Or we could pelt their windows with raw hamburger.
leckzilla!
Squeak!
posted 02-28-2003 12:55:26 PM
That has got to be the most tasteless use of images I've seen for a long time.
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 02-28-2003 01:02:16 PM
They really think if the Jews in the Concentration camps back in WWII had cows and pigs walking around with them, that they wouldn't butcher and cook them up? I mean nearly every member of a concentration camp was extremely malnurished and bone-thin. They would kill for a steak or some pork chops(even if it wasn't kosher)!

[ 02-28-2003: Message edited by: Katrinity ]

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 02-28-2003 01:03:31 PM
quote:
G.L. Ryuujin had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
Or we could pelt their windows with raw hamburger.

Waste of good meat man.

"Pacifism is a privilege of the protected"
Kermitov
Pancake
posted 02-28-2003 01:34:14 PM
Every time I try to look at PETA stuff it's always slow as fuck... anyone else have this problem?
Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 02-28-2003 02:38:02 PM
Once again, when I thought PETA had sunk as low as they possibly could, they proceed to break out the picks and shovels and dig down to whole new layer of ignominy.

You have to love the imagery. "Let's contrast pictures of Jews in concentration camps with pictures of penned up pigs." Christ, do they have someone on staff whose job title is 'Executive Moron in Charge of Pissing People Off in the Most Tasteless and Offensive Manner Possible"?

Somebody find me that "Cease Speaking" picture. I feel like sending PETA an e-mail.

[ 02-28-2003: Message edited by: Callalron ]

Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 02-28-2003 03:06:58 PM
This is why I feel PETA is really a puppet organization led by the meat industry to boost the nation's consumption of meat through spite of PETA.
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Cheese
Pancake
posted 02-28-2003 03:56:11 PM
I'm a vegetarian, and I think PETA has good intentions, but...they're a little...weird.
**~*Pink Sugar Heart Attack!*~**
Led
*kaboom*
posted 02-28-2003 04:05:35 PM
Fucktards, the entire lot of 'em.
Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 02-28-2003 04:17:02 PM
quote:
From the book of Cheese, chapter 3, verse 16:
I'm a vegetarian, and I think PETA has good intentions, but...they're a little...weird.

Screw that. They blew past weird a long time ago. Those folks are broken, big time. They don't care about people one way or another. They want to protect and care for animals? Fine, go nuts. Most everyone will agree that stopping cruelty to animals is a Good Thing(tm).

But when they come up with shit like this, I seriously wonder about what kind of thought process they have going on in whatever it is that passes for brains in that bunch. Basic human nature should tell you that when you make people upset, they're less likely to agree with and support you.

And consider this; Suppose PETA gets their way and everyone goes vegetarian. What do you think is going to happen to all the cows and chickens then? You'll get a real animal holocaust, because farmers aren't gonna keep them around. Say good-bye to meat and dairy cattle and domestic chickens as a species on this planet. I hope PETA will be proud of themselves then.

[ 02-28-2003: Message edited by: Callalron ]

Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Led
*kaboom*
posted 02-28-2003 04:20:29 PM
If everyone goes vegan, we would all end up horribly malnourished and DIE HORRIBLY#!%

Well, at least I would

*hugs a steak*

Caanis Lupus
Rub me?
posted 02-28-2003 04:25:31 PM
But, I thought PETA was People Eating Tasty Animals...
Cheese
Pancake
posted 02-28-2003 04:38:04 PM
I don't think PETA does what they do to help animals as much as to get attention.
**~*Pink Sugar Heart Attack!*~**
Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 02-28-2003 05:02:39 PM
Lord knows, they don't seem to have gotten enough from Mommy and Daddy when they were growing up.
Callalron
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Led
*kaboom*
posted 02-28-2003 05:03:41 PM
Maybe their anti-meat policies denied their brains the proper growth, making them end up as such
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 02-28-2003 05:25:37 PM
quote:
How.... Katrinity.... uughhhhhh:
They really think if the Jews in the Concentration camps back in WWII had cows and pigs walking around with them, that they wouldn't butcher and cook them up? I mean nearly every member of a concentration camp was extremely malnurished and bone-thin. They would kill for a steak or some pork chops(even if it wasn't kosher)!

That wasn't the point, actually. They have them side by side in those slideshows. They're comparing them, saying that the Jews locked up and mass killed is what happens to animals today.

Really dumb.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 02-28-2003 06:17:01 PM
Any relation to those war protesters comparing Bush and Hitler?

moogle is the 3241727861th binary digit of pi

Disclaimer: I'm just kidding, I love all living things.
The fastest draw in the Crest.
"The Internet is MY critical thinking course." -Maradon
"Gambling for the husband, an abortion for the wife and fireworks for the kids they chose to keep? Fuck you, Disneyland. The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is the happiest place on Earth." -JooJooFlop

Zaza
I don't give a damn.
posted 02-28-2003 06:19:50 PM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael had this to say about Captain Planet:
That wasn't the point, actually. They have them side by side in those slideshows. They're comparing them, saying that the Jews locked up and mass killed is what happens to animals today.

Really dumb.

It's true, but it's also completely idiotic. While what happens is the same, the two are just about impossible to compare.

They might as well crusade that all wolves should be put in prison for murdering sheep.

Fizodeth
an unflattering title
posted 02-28-2003 06:23:19 PM
I wonder how many people flunked out of school before 10th grade. That's about when I learned that Jews were killed out of hate, and not food consumption to get proper nutrition.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 02-28-2003 07:03:38 PM
In nature, the whole point of prey species of animal is to feed the predator and supply them with nutrients.

Everything in Human physiology identifies us as predators; superior problem-solving capability, eyes set at the front of our head for superior depth perception, the fact we are in fact omnivores, etc. We're designed to survive and one of the things we're designed to survive on is meat.

Add to that the fact that pigs, cows, sheep, etc as we know them wouldn't actually exist. Humans have been breeding creatures for personal use (domesticating) animals practically as long as we've been around (the major turning point in "hunter/gatherer" versus "grower/nurturer" came when we settled down, put down some roots, and started farming...which includes animals).

I don't mind some of what PETA says...I've seen some hog farms, for instance, and they're pretty sick places. But those places are in vast decline.

PETA should spend more money shutting down the dog mills (and cat mills, for that matter) than they should spend coming up with this sort of assinine crap.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Steven Steve
posted 02-28-2003 07:32:17 PM
The Germans kept Jews in luxurious quarters their entire life, feeding them hearty meals, and when needed, killed them and ate them for food?

News to me

"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Burger
BANNED!
posted 02-28-2003 07:55:11 PM
who wants to get some cows (live) a couple big industrial bar-b-q's, a butcher, a slaughterhouse employee, and a crowd? We couls have our own little picnic at the PETA hearquarters, with extra-fresh steak.

Also, i wonder how peta feels about hunters? They're a constructive force for the animal population, and they almost all have amazingly high respect for the animals they hunt, and as such, always attempt a clean kill.

Bite me.

No, Really. Bite me.

Maradon!
posted 02-28-2003 08:45:13 PM
PETA did have one good idea - remove all meat from prison menus.

Finally! A reason to be scared of prison, apart from the vague fear of being pounded in the ass.

Although it might fall under cruel and unusual punishment...

quote:

Also, i wonder how peta feels about hunters? They're a constructive force for the animal population, and they almost all have amazingly high respect for the animals they hunt, and as such, always attempt a clean kill.

You underestimate the pure blind stupidity of these people. They don't care if it hurts animals in the long run, JUST SO LONG AS NOTHING CUTE IS HURT!!!

[ 02-28-2003: Message edited by: Maradon XP ]

King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 02-28-2003 08:49:31 PM
I remember that one article where the PETA-mobile ran over a deer, and then tried to sue the state it happened in because the deer "was running from hunters".

These guys should be taxed for their level of ignorance.

Nwist, Who?
Nwist
posted 02-28-2003 09:34:40 PM
quote:
Maradon XP had this to say about Robocop:
They don't care if it hurts animals in the long run, JUST SO LONG AS NOTHING CUTE IS HURT!!!

"Sorry, but we don't eat dolphins because they're cute, we don't eat them because they're [/i]intelligent[/i]"

"Well... why don't we eat retarded people, then?"

Redmage Darkrayver
Moron
posted 02-28-2003 09:46:12 PM
quote:
Suchii had this to say about Captain Planet:
Fucktards, the entire lot of 'em.
Iulius Kaesar
Pancake
posted 02-28-2003 09:58:21 PM
Where were you during the holocaust of the animals?
Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 02-28-2003 09:58:50 PM
Eating a pork chop.
You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory.
Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 03-01-2003 02:11:04 AM
I found this little gem in the morons.org story about this. It's a sentiment I can heartily agree with:

Well, PETA, if eating meat puts me on the level of the Third Reich, then let me be the first (well, second, really, since I swiped this line from someone else) to say, "EIN REICH, EIN VOLK, EIN FRANK WITH MUSTARD AND SAUERKRAUT!"

Callalron
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 03-01-2003 03:18:45 AM
quote:
Callalron impressed everyone with:
I found this little gem in the morons.org story about this. It's a sentiment I can heartily agree with:

Well, PETA, if eating meat puts me on the level of the Third Reich, then let me be the first (well, second, really, since I swiped this line from someone else) to say, "EIN REICH, EIN VOLK, EIN FRANK WITH MUSTARD AND SAUERKRAUT!"

You made me shoot orange juice out of my nose! I love that line! HA!

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: