EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Cartography = slooooow
Skaw
posted 02-25-2003 01:47:09 AM

2.5 hours, and still not done

NPCs and Locations(Gonna change to green) are blue dots, Merchants are red dots, Souldbinder is yellow, Red lines are zone lines(I'm assuming thats what the Metallic Gate is/will be).

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 02-25-2003 01:51:36 AM
Dude..

They put in labels for a reason. Like vendors, and world containers.

Btw, my map, while lacking the scope, is better then your map, since I list NPC names and stuff.

And my boat looks cooler.

Skaw
posted 02-25-2003 01:53:58 AM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Delphi Aegis said this:
Dude..

They put in labels for a reason. Like vendors, and world containers.

Btw, my map, while lacking the scope, is better then your map, since I list NPC names and stuff.

And my boat looks cooler.

Hey fucker, I have NPC names as well, but at that zoom, it'd be too crowded to see. I also have entities(Kiln, etc) labeled.

Plus, my boat was double traced, at the base of the water, and then at the top, I'm currently removing lines from the bottom.

Things I need to do:
touch up Boat
trace shoreline of the undead cove, continue into the Broken Skull villiage.

What the fuck did you think all those dots in the town were, anyway?

[ 02-25-2003: Message edited by: Skaw ]

Palou
Lounge Lizard
posted 02-25-2003 06:52:43 AM
Geeze cartography system SUCKS! I thought it would be like a nerfed Diablo automap system. I spent almost an hour just doing the forest giant fort in Frontier Mountains with my Necro and I cant imagine doing an entire zone.
Palou Sabaco
The Sexiest Lizard in Kelethin!
[Povar]
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 02-25-2003 07:00:01 AM
I'll just wait for some dude to make maps of every zone in the game and release them all for download.
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Mod
Pancake
posted 02-25-2003 07:40:46 AM
This is not a link to a complete (except for loy) mappack you can add your own labels / etc to, not it isn't...
Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
Ruvie's Alt
Haven't you always wanted a monkey?
posted 02-25-2003 08:47:06 AM
Do you draw the maps yourself (as if with MS Paint)?
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 02-25-2003 12:33:12 PM
quote:
Gobog thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
Do you draw the maps yourself (as if with MS Paint)?

You can use the automap feature which makes lines on the map as you move/change direction, but when I did so, you have to have the map open (Or it doesn't register the "points" on the line), and the map is pretty big.

And you kinda have to be at a point in order to register a label for it.

Tegadil
Queen of the Smoofs
posted 02-25-2003 02:53:53 PM
I love EQ Atlas.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 02-25-2003 03:58:12 PM
It's EQ, what did you expect?

Everything takes a long-ass time.

Addy
posted 02-25-2003 04:03:28 PM
... That reminds me of the map feature in Meridian 59.

Except it mapped it for you automatically.

Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 02-25-2003 04:10:30 PM
Nearly every zone in EQ is already mapped, why would you want to map it again?
"Give me control of a nation's money, and I care not who makes its laws."
-Mayer Rothschild
Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 02-25-2003 04:13:26 PM
quote:
Reynar Model 2000 was programmed to say:
Nearly every zone in EQ is already mapped, why would you want to map it again?

Because this is in-game so you don't have to have multiple computers or tons of printouts laying about...

Or so you don't have to break EULA with SEQ or some other util (like Xylobot)

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
-----------------------------------
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Mod
Pancake
posted 02-25-2003 04:43:22 PM
quote:
Addy wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
... That reminds me of the map feature in Meridian 59.

Except it mapped it for you automatically.

Meridian's mapping was more functional 7 years ago than EQs is today (if you don't have predowloaded maps). I really miss that game.

Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
Nina
posted 02-25-2003 05:20:52 PM
If I wanted that shit, I'd use ShowEQ, yo
Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 02-25-2003 05:22:05 PM
quote:
Random Insanity Generator stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:
Because this is in-game so you don't have to have multiple computers or tons of printouts laying about...

alt+enter2win

You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory.
Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 02-25-2003 05:22:21 PM
quote:
Gevarien / Modrakien wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
Meridian's mapping was more functional 7 years ago than EQs is today (if you don't have predowloaded maps). I really miss that game.

It's still around, it was advertising on Penny Arcade a few months back

Mod
Pancake
posted 02-25-2003 05:26:24 PM
quote:
Vorago impressed everyone with:
It's still around, it was advertising on Penny Arcade a few months back

Yeah they re-launched it, kind of bombed from what I hear, people didn't want to pay monthly for it over games like EQ / DaoC / etc.

Skaw
posted 02-25-2003 05:35:43 PM
quote:
Baron Von Mortay thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
It's EQ, what did you expect?

Everything takes a long-ass time.

It would've been faster, but I had to be cautious with my invis, and obstructions in my path.

Pesco
Is a copyright of Peachis. Don't underestimate his pants, either.
posted 02-25-2003 11:15:53 PM
quote:
Random Insanity Generator had this to say about Pirotess:

He is talking about the fact that the maps for the EQ In-game Map System are already done and for download by other users of EQ. I'm sure the guys at EQAtlas will convert their maps soon enough, with labels probably.

Suddar
posted 02-26-2003 12:30:07 AM
?

typo

[ 02-26-2003: Message edited by: Suddar ]

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: