EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Need some advice...
Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 02-24-2003 12:53:16 AM
Right now, my highest character is my 41 bard, but I'm not sure if I like playing him anymore. Got a couple other things in mind, but at the same time, I also want to be able to join in on guild raids and what not (which 41 is too low for)...

Advice? :/

I suffer from CRS: Can't Remember Shit.

Sig pic done by the very talented SJen!

Maradon!
posted 02-24-2003 12:53:56 AM
Um....level?
Steven Steve
posted 02-24-2003 12:55:15 AM
quote:
Maradon XP obviously shouldn't have said:
Um....level?

But that's like saying, "Live," in MMORPG terms.

"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 02-24-2003 12:58:24 AM
If it's not fun, don't do it.

To forget this is to head towards the kind of massive burnout that used to make the old Flameplay boards so interesting.

If playing your bard isn't fun anymore, then stop playing your bard. If there's no fun way for you to go on raids, then don't go on raids.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Tareshinal
Pancake
posted 02-24-2003 01:17:09 AM
Well, couple of options in my opinion.
1) quit playing the bard, if its not fun then dont do it.

2) Try a new zone, maybe your just not liking the exp and its making it slow and tedious.

3) Go out and sell your weapons and buy two different weapons that are better in some way (ie. have a cool proc, or stats.), personally this is all I really ever have to do to get back into the game. Gives you something to do for a few days and once its done you get to spend days looking at your dmg to see how good of a job you did totally screwing up your DPS

------

Also, if you do quit your char send me a PM if you dont know what you wanna play next. I have this nifty list that describes the classes and what they are good at (list isn't in front of me and it may miss like one or two classes).

Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 02-24-2003 01:19:24 AM
quote:
Maradon XP had this to say about Captain Planet:
Um....level?

I dunno what to do though... I've always been a slow leveler and the options just seem so minimal as to what I can do...

Right now, one of the things keeping me playing is I want to do stuff with Ditty, which means if I were to want to group, I'd -have- to use my Bard...

Meh...

Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 02-24-2003 01:21:47 AM
quote:
How.... Palador ChibiDragon.... uughhhhhh:

If playing your bard isn't fun anymore, then stop playing your bard. If there's no fun way for you to go on raids, then don't go on raids.

Well, that's what the majority of the guild seems to be doing and not being able to join them makes me feel really left out...

Error
Pancake
posted 02-24-2003 02:10:21 AM
Bards don't get any more fun in later levels. I have a 58 epic bard, and I have stopped playing him.
Just not fun to play them, IMO.
Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 02-24-2003 01:31:50 PM
just play something that you'll enjoy. once you find something that you REALLY like doing you'll level so fast that it'll make your head spin.

and we still won't PL you but Kesh'll always be giving away KEI if you're a caster and the rest of us will buff if in the area.

Iulius Kaesar
Pancake
posted 02-24-2003 06:57:21 PM
Start a necro. They're fun to play, don't require a lot of time at a stretch and can operate with very minimal equipment. It'll give you time away from the bard, and you'll be able to farm mad moneys in the meantime.

I think of my baby nec as the "minigame" in EQ.*

* The preceeding shall not be construed as a diminuation of the necromancer class or the strength of its role in the post-50 game. Any implications you feel exist are your own.

[ 02-24-2003: Message edited by: Iulius Kæsar ]

Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 02-24-2003 11:41:55 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Santa Gee wrote:
[QB
and we still won't PL you .[/QB]

I was joking, you know... and your response wasn't exactly encouraging.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 02-24-2003 11:51:49 PM
quote:
Iulius Kæsar had this to say about Captain Planet:
Start a necro. They're fun to play, don't require a lot of time at a stretch and can operate with very minimal equipment. It'll give you time away from the bard, and you'll be able to farm mad moneys in the meantime.

I think of my baby nec as the "minigame" in EQ.*

* The preceeding shall not be construed as a diminuation of the necromancer class or the strength of its role in the post-50 game. Any implications you feel exist are your own.

Disclaimer won't save you. This is like a metal ball on the rubber sheet of the universe. The gravity warp of it is going to suck Maradon in and then...there will be no escape

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 02-25-2003 07:01:41 AM
Well, on Xegony, I'm going to putz around with a Froglok Shaman and an Ogre (either Warrior or SK), and on Luclin I'll be working on my Froglok Paladin and Human Wizard. That should give me some diversity to work with.

Mod
Pancake
posted 02-25-2003 07:44:01 AM
quote:
Delyl Caledor attempted to be funny by writing:
Bards don't get any more fun in later levels. I have a 58 epic bard, and I have stopped playing him.
Just not fun to play them, IMO.

I strongly disagree. There is not class that can pull more weird crap out of it's sleeve than a bard.

Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: