EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Poll: Well?
Author
Topic: God?
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 02-09-2003 04:38:11 PM
So, do you believe in God? If so, what flavor? If not, why not? If you're on the fence, why haven't you made up your mind?

Remember, this is a discussion of beliefs, and you cannot be faulted for whatever beliefs of lack thereof you hold, so don't be bashful.

[ 02-09-2003: Message edited by: Karnaj ]

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

nem-x
posted 02-09-2003 04:38:45 PM
Soldar
I'll take two of anything, please. To go.
posted 02-09-2003 04:39:21 PM
Yes.

I want to find him someday.

You know, without dying.

Gadani
U
posted 02-09-2003 04:39:26 PM
Yes.
Skaw
posted 02-09-2003 04:40:24 PM
I'm a firm believer in "It doesn't exist until it's proven that it does."
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 02-09-2003 04:42:24 PM
Yes. Strawberry.
Matilda Jane
ph33r my MIRVs
posted 02-09-2003 04:44:05 PM
Yes, but not much else.
There was a signature here... it's gone now.
King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 02-09-2003 04:46:47 PM
Yes.

Faith is a good thing to have. It doesn't make you a sheep, or blind, or stupid to believe in something you can't acknowledge physically. It makes you enlightened.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 02-09-2003 04:48:38 PM
quote:
Don Parcelan had this to say about Optimus Prime:
Yes.

Faith is a good thing to have. It doesn't make you a sheep, or blind, or stupid to believe in something you can't acknowledge physically. It makes you enlightened.

My friend would have a field day with that statement...

leckzilla!
Squeak!
posted 02-09-2003 04:49:28 PM
Hell no.

I lost faith at about the age of 9. My view is that it causes too much conflict to be good.

[ 02-09-2003: Message edited by: The leckie ]

Evenstar
Pancake
posted 02-09-2003 04:49:38 PM
yes
To be born again for your sake; Blowing the past away on fluttering clouds; Letting the future ride on flowing winds; Fearlessly,unceasingly,patiently -clover
Ferret
Poing! Poing!
posted 02-09-2003 04:54:24 PM
Agnostic.

I believe that it is possible for there to be some form of a higher power, but I distrust most people's conceptions of that power.

Also, given that most science shows evidence that could refute this higher power, I still have my doubts.

Tatsukaze
wants Kloie's mom OH SO BAD
posted 02-09-2003 04:57:49 PM
quote:
Verily, Skaw doth proclaim:
I'm a firm believer in "It doesn't exist until it's proven that it does."
Batty
Doesn't Like You. Specifically you.
posted 02-09-2003 05:05:56 PM
No. And my reason for not believing tends to piss religious people off, so I feel it's best not to state it here.
Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 02-09-2003 05:06:27 PM
No, Zen Buddhist.
The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
Suddar
posted 02-09-2003 05:08:06 PM
I believe there's a higher power out there--SOME kind of higher power out there--but I don't know where, and I don't know why.
Azrael Heavenblade
Damn Dirty Godmoder
posted 02-09-2003 05:10:05 PM
Agnostic, while I believe that there may exist any number of higher powers, that all gods may exist, at least to their followers, until I can see for my own eyes that one exists, I must place my trust in science, and myself, my own soul, and keep it from darkness with the strength of my own will, for no god can help me do that.
"The basic tool for manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them." - Philip K. Dick
Burger
BANNED!
posted 02-09-2003 05:11:58 PM
Well, I have no reason WHY i believe that there is some higher power, some God, i just do. It's an irrational belief that comes from the fear of not having any higher power. The idea of there not being some sort of God is a bit unsettling to me, yet i haven't found a system of beliefs that feel right to me. most religions seem to believe that God wants worship, and i think that is a load of bullshit. Say you create something, you bear a child, you carve a sculpture, soy write a program, do you want your creation to worship you? I know i wouldn't, and so i don't. I love god, but as a parent, not as a distant figurehead. My relationship with God is very close to me, and i feel that he does not need me to go and gather with a bunch of people and sing his praises, he would rather see me make something out of myself, and have his creation be successful.
Bite me.

No, Really. Bite me.

Suddar
posted 02-09-2003 05:18:03 PM
I chose Agnostic on your little poll there, but it might as well be a Yes. I just don't know what "flavor" god might come in yet, I guess.
Ragabash
Pancake
posted 02-09-2003 05:22:58 PM
Yes if you classify God as a being that created the universe. If you mean God in a being that watches over us and produces "miracles" and cares about our lives, no.
Feed my hungry soul.
Tsunami
I like pizza.
posted 02-09-2003 05:23:16 PM
quote:
Ragabash had this to say about the Spice Girls:
Yes if you classify God as a being that created the universe. If you mean God in a being that watches over us and produces "miracles" and cares about our lives, no.

Thats how i've felt most of my life.

[ 02-09-2003: Message edited by: YummyĀ™ ]

Moo.
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 02-09-2003 05:32:19 PM
quote:
Honegger spewed forth this undeniable truth:
Agnostic.

I believe that it is possible for there to be some form of a higher power, but I distrust most people's conceptions of that power.

Also, given that most science shows evidence that could refute this higher power, I still have my doubts.

You feel like I do.

I felt like voting bill bradsky because its funny though.

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 02-09-2003 05:40:40 PM
God? No

Gods? Yes... in a way.

Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 02-09-2003 05:51:41 PM
Bill Bradsky once slew a gang of titans with his pubic hair. To Bill Bradsky!

Sorta yes but sorta no.

I suffer from CRS: Can't Remember Shit.

Sig pic done by the very talented SJen!

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 02-09-2003 06:00:51 PM
quote:
Ragabash had this to say about Pirotess:

Deist.

And Fal... get Sab on.

Nicole
The hip-hop-happiest bunny in all of marshmallow woods
posted 02-09-2003 06:02:20 PM
No.

Too much crap out there for one guy to deal with.

Polytheistic.

I just spent
my last cent
purchasing this poverty.

Lalamile
My title doesn't even make sense any more
posted 02-09-2003 06:29:07 PM
I look at the world around me, and I personally think its rather fucked up. If there is a god, he's a slacker and I see no reason to worship them, or if this is his/her plan, why would I worship a being who wants people to go through this. Not to metion I also have this thing aginst the Christian/Catholic Church for what it has done in the past, and I forsee it doing again.
Nina
posted 02-09-2003 06:35:23 PM
My only faith lies in absolute knowledge and science.
Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 02-09-2003 06:36:25 PM
I believe there could be higher powers, not just one.

I do not believe in religion though.

Mr. Crabs
Pancake
posted 02-09-2003 08:03:17 PM
I believe in both God and the Devil. However, I do not believe that they have predetermined people's destinies or perform miracles or wreck peoples' lives. I envision the universe to be a sort of Grand Experiment that no human could possibly understand.
There's a King on a throne with his eyes torn out.
There's a Blind Man looking for a shadow of doubt.
There's a Rich Man sleeping on a golden bed.
There's a Skeleton choking on a crust of bread.
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 02-09-2003 08:06:27 PM
Agnostic mostly. I believe in Fate for some things, but less as a God and more as a force of nature type of form.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

OtakuPenguin
Peels like a tangerine, but is juicy like an orange.
posted 02-09-2003 08:16:19 PM
I beleive in god.
..:: This Is The Sound Of Settling ::..
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 02-09-2003 08:31:16 PM
Get the word right, people.

quote:
deĀ·ism
n.
The belief, based solely on reason, in a God who created the universe and then abandoned it, assuming no control over life, exerting no influence on natural phenomena, and giving no supernatural revelation.

edit: It's much easier to say "I'm a deist" rather than, "Oh, I believe such and such and such and such etc"

[ 02-09-2003: Message edited by: Kegwen ]

Ocyrrhoe Trazere
Bootylicious!!
posted 02-09-2003 08:32:28 PM
Agnostic, with scattered beliefs.
"Come at me. Every inch of me will resist you."

Full sigpic image.
Liam - "Caitlin: You terrify me, but in a good way."

Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 02-09-2003 08:43:30 PM
No.

Pretend Tibetan Buddhist.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 02-09-2003 08:44:28 PM
quote:
So quoth Vorbo Goatboy:
Pretend Tibetan Buddhist.

rofl

Mog
not really a mmembe rof tis boered
posted 02-09-2003 08:53:16 PM
I voted agnostic, even thought thats not exactly what i am, its the closest fo the choices i think

I believe that their are higher powers, but every religion on earth are flawed on the msot basic level and the true concept of the gods is something uncomprehisble to a human in every way cept possible extremly trippy pothead fantasys, cause as we all know, potheads know everything

Regret calamities if you can thereby help the sufferer; if not, attend to your own work and allready the evil begins to be repaired
- Self Rreliance
Nwist, Who?
Nwist
posted 02-09-2003 08:57:33 PM
I believe that there is a possibility of a God(s), but believe there is a possibility of there not begin a God(s).
Hireko
Kill a fish before breakfast each day
posted 02-09-2003 09:35:09 PM
I believe that there is a God, that he did create the world, that he chose to come and live among us, and that those who wish to live eternally in his presence have that choice. Those who wish not to, also have that choice. God may indeed have multiple faces... that is up to him, not to us, and thus I certainly won't try to impose my will on him. I will simply follow him as best as I can, live my life for him, and try to bring others to the peace and quiet joy (not happiness!) that he offers us all.

Believing in logic and reason is nothing more than a belief in the sanctity, functionality, and dominance of your own mind, and in its ability to understand the world for what it is. I can't believe that, for I've had a stroke and had my mind cracked apart for a year, my memories gone, my IQ, reason, logic all mostly disappeared.

I therefore choose to believe in what time can not change and corrupt, in what decay cannot destroy, and what I cannot truly understand because my brain can't fit all the concepts.

I've met lots of people... and if man is the biggest, baddest thing in this universe, then this is a very sad universe we have here.

Those who dance are thought insane by those who can't hear the music.
Cass
Pancake
posted 02-09-2003 09:47:00 PM
I believe.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: