EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Bets on a lawsuit over the shuttle?
Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 02-03-2003 11:47:56 AM
I am betting that at least one person who say the shuttle come apart will try to sue NASA for "Mental Anguish(sp)" Or some equally stupid reason.

What are your theories on the stupid lawsuits people will bring about over this.?

"Pacifism is a privilege of the protected"
Sean
posted 02-03-2003 12:04:08 PM
Wreckage hitting a house. Sueing for damages.
A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 02-03-2003 12:07:52 PM
quote:
DƒU had this to say about dark elf butts:
Wreckage hitting a house. Sueing for damages.

That one I could ALMOST understand if the insurance company didn't pay for it.
However I dont' see a lawsuit needed there. I think NASA would make good on it for the PR aspect.

Maradon!
posted 02-03-2003 12:14:59 PM
PETA suing over the monkies lost in the accident.
Cherveny
Papaya
posted 02-03-2003 12:48:25 PM
Whenever there is an accident of any kind, there will ALWAYS be some asshat who tries to make money from the accident from a lawsuit, justified or not.
Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 02-03-2003 01:57:25 PM
I don't think you'll see anything like that from the families. However it's well my expectations that some jerk could try to sue for a piece of the ship hitting his lawn or something stupid like that.
"Give me control of a nation's money, and I care not who makes its laws."
-Mayer Rothschild
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 02-03-2003 02:20:55 PM
quote:
Reynar had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
I don't think you'll see anything like that from the families. However it's well my expectations that some jerk could try to sue for a piece of the ship hitting his lawn or something stupid like that.

What he said.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Gydyon
Yes, I am a lawyer. No you can't sue them for that. Shut up, or I'll have your legs broken.
posted 02-03-2003 02:55:56 PM
Some cousin will sue.
Gydyon
Evercrest Lawyer

Thinking about your posts
(and billing you for it) since 2001

King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 02-03-2003 02:58:42 PM
quote:
Judge Gydyon had this to say about Knight Rider:
Some cousin will sue.

OFFER US LEGAL ADVICE ON HOW WE SHOULD GO ABOUT THIS.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 02-03-2003 03:09:46 PM
I could see someone affected by the wreckage doing it, but the families have been outstandingly supportive of NASA and I don't see anything like that coming from that quarter, unless it's someone distantly related.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 02-03-2003 03:18:31 PM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
I could see someone affected by the wreckage doing it, but the families have been outstandingly supportive of NASA and I don't see anything like that coming from that quarter, unless it's someone distantly related.

I don't see the families doing it either.
However I can see some Soccer mom who was on her front pourch with little Suzy, sueing because of the Deep emotional scars she suffered from seeing the event. And of course little Suzy will never be the same again, that is worth another 10 mil or so.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 02-03-2003 03:19:53 PM
Any wreckage hitting the house would be covered under homeowners insurance. Unless they classify celestial objects striking the ground (Yeah, it's celestial still. ) as "Acts of god" which 99.99% of policies don't cover.

Most judges would throw out the case anyway. Or at least cap the amount rewarded to under 100,000.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 02-03-2003 03:31:58 PM
Can I file a motion of stupidity against CNN?

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 02-03-2003 03:34:08 PM
quote:
Karnaj enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:

LOL man I knew they were holding back on us about the latest advancements of Space tech.

Sanctum
Pancake
posted 02-03-2003 03:37:59 PM
quote:
Any wreckage hitting the house would be covered under homeowners insurance

I was curious about that and checked. To my horror it would not. They said it would be considered outside neglegance(sp?) and fall under thier "arson" clause. Meaning simply until a reason is found they dont have to do anything. Then once it is found, (nasa would have done it in this case)the person causing the damage pays not my insurance company. Not very reassuring!!!

Apok Quote: "Chat Police Are Lame"
Gydyon
Yes, I am a lawyer. No you can't sue them for that. Shut up, or I'll have your legs broken.
posted 02-03-2003 04:08:01 PM
quote:
We were all impressed when Don Parcelan wrote:
OFFER US LEGAL ADVICE ON HOW WE SHOULD GO ABOUT THIS.

No.

Gydyon
Evercrest Lawyer

Thinking about your posts
(and billing you for it) since 2001

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 02-03-2003 04:20:15 PM
quote:
So quoth Karnaj:

OMG, no wonder it broke.

Idiots.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 02-03-2003 04:25:17 PM
MSNBC spelling some black guy named Niger as Nigger > CNN messing up on the speed of the shuttle!
You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory.
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 02-03-2003 04:25:45 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Karnaj was all like:

Is that photoshopped? I've seen CNN misspell names of countries on their maps, but a mistake like that seems a little hard to swallow.

Unless the guy working those little messages was trying to be cute.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Iulius Kaesar
Pancake
posted 02-03-2003 05:20:06 PM
My guess is yes -- The edges of the word LIGHT are a lot sharper than the other words.

Any of our Zen Photoshop Masters concur?

(Still pretty funny though)

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 02-03-2003 05:24:07 PM
quote:
From the book of Iulius Kæsar, chapter 3, verse 16:
My guess is yes -- The edges of the word LIGHT are a lot sharper than the other words.

Now that you mention it... Light does seem ever-so-slightly different.

Bah, I was hoping CNN really was that stupid.

Fizodeth
an unflattering title
posted 02-03-2003 05:37:02 PM
quote:
Iulius Kæsar had this to say about John Romero:

I'm hardly a Zen Photoshop master, I don't even have photoshop, but if you look, the "L" is slightly crooked, It's photoshopped, I'll wager.

Sean
posted 02-03-2003 05:40:05 PM
quote:
Nobody really understood why JooJooFlop wrote:
Is that photoshopped?

I'm fairly certain it is, after looking it over in Photoshop.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 02-03-2003 05:43:12 PM
warp 18 on re-entry.. now there's a feat
Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: