EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Color Vision Defiency Test
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 01-28-2003 11:06:25 AM
Nope, no deficiency here.

I know, those are old, overused and most of you don't like these things, but hey... I love to see my name on the first page.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Mightion Defensor
posted 01-28-2003 11:13:17 AM
There didn't seem to be a number on the last one.

* click *

Oh, please... yawn.

Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 01-28-2003 11:15:07 AM
wtf?
"Give me control of a nation's money, and I care not who makes its laws."
-Mayer Rothschild
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 01-28-2003 11:26:16 AM
quote:
We were all impressed when Mightion Defensor wrote:
There didn't seem to be a number on the last one.

* click *

Oh, please... yawn.

Exactly my reaction.
But I liked the buildup and I'm curious if anyone here actually has a color defiency.

This one is still the best though.

[ 01-28-2003: Message edited by: Tarquinn ]

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Goma
Pancake
posted 01-28-2003 12:29:07 PM
I got abnormal on every slide (but the first), and in at least three I didnt see any number at all.

And ive also been diagnosed color blind about 7 or 8 years ago, which would explain why

Kermitov
Pancake
posted 01-28-2003 01:02:39 PM
no deficiency here
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 01-28-2003 01:06:21 PM
That test was fairly easy, seems I have healthy color vision. The last one was a bit odd though.

I hope this isn't abusing the spoiler tag. This really is a spoiler about the link.
Heh. I could hear that last one through my headphones at work... which are hanging from a wire tie about 2 ft away.

Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Gikk
SCA babe!!!
posted 01-28-2003 01:10:06 PM
.... jackass.

I am so clueless...

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 01-28-2003 01:23:30 PM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Gikkwiny said:
.... jackass.

I am so clueless...

Don't feel bad, it got me too when I saw the link on Ink Tank a few days ago.

I didn't post it here for obvious reasons.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 01-28-2003 01:27:18 PM
I actually twitched.
I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piƱa coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Steven Steve
posted 01-28-2003 08:13:11 PM
I actually watched my brother do this about two hours ago, and I said at the last one, "SCREAM!!"

AHHHH!

"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Soldar
I'll take two of anything, please. To go.
posted 01-28-2003 08:16:14 PM
For me, it triggered my fight or flight response. Then I closed my window.
Steven Steve
posted 01-28-2003 08:17:23 PM
quote:
How.... Soldar.... uughhhhhh:

Did that intentionally not make sense?

"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."

Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 01-28-2003 08:21:00 PM
HA!

You have been foiled!

I have no sound on my work computer

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Soldar
I'll take two of anything, please. To go.
posted 01-28-2003 08:23:42 PM
quote:
Fazum'Zen Fastfist impressed everyone with:
Did that intentionally not make sense?

I have no idea what you mean.

Then I closed my window.

Steven Steve
posted 01-28-2003 08:28:06 PM
quote:
Soldar stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
I have no idea what you mean.

Then I closed my window.

I usually call it the "alarm stage," and I usually just laugh really loud to cover the scream when it comes on.

Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 01-28-2003 08:30:50 PM
They gave me that test at MEPs..

Granted, I already know I have good color vision.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Steven Steve
posted 01-28-2003 08:31:54 PM
Wouldn't people that are color blind... You know, not see a number? Or do the different shades really form a different number?

Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 01-28-2003 08:35:21 PM
different shades that are similar to the backgrounds form different numbers behind the other ones.
"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Motiak
Pancake
posted 01-28-2003 08:35:42 PM
quote:
Soldar had this to say about dark elf butts:

I had to take an emotional health course where we went through the book "fighting invisible tigers" and we talked of such interesting things as "fight or flight" also... I hated that class.

go to Cicinimo's webpage www.artpad.org
"Bear with me while I speak, and after I have spoken, mock on." -Job 21:3
Nwist, Who?
Nwist
posted 01-28-2003 09:29:37 PM
12... doot doot doot... 70... doot doot doot... what the Hell is this one... it just looks like a bunch of swirled colors...
*Gets an inch away from the moniter*
fux
Goma
Pancake
posted 01-28-2003 10:04:44 PM
quote:
Fazum'Zen Fastfist had this to say about dark elf butts:
Wouldn't people that are color blind... You know, not see a number? Or do the different shades really form a different number?

Yes. All kinds of inks and various colors are made up of mixtures of OTHER colors. Those who are color blind just dont see the color that they are blind TO. So essentially the see the mixture of every other color BUT that one.

Color blindness can also be described as a filtration system for color.

In my case, if someone were to take a flashlight, shine it through a prism and display every color of the rainbow, the spots where red and green would be there would just be two blank spots for me.

Im color blind to PURE red and PURE green, but there is scarcely any color these days that isnt "mixed" with something else. Its hard to obtain a "pure" color from using inks and other such things.

Yeah... Color blindness is a hard concept for those that can see everything :P

Back to your question.. Scientists who made these tests knew the right mixtures to create images that would appear as one number/color to normal people, and another number/color to people who are, lets say, colorblind to red, therefore creating a slide that technically displayed two different numbers.

Some of the slides in that thing got progessivley more complex as they went on, including more and more colors which is why I started not seeing any numbers AT ALL.

Now, me being colorblind to red and green doesnt mean I dont know what red is and what green is. 75% of the time I can determine what red and green are, mainly because ive learned those shades to just be those colors. For all I know my red could be TOTALLY different from a normal person's. Its hard to conceive, but its true.

Colors also sometimes change in different surroundings for me. An example of this is when I was a kid I wanted to get a red crayon from my crayon box, I would see what I thought was red, reach in and haul out a green or brown. I would repeat this maybe 4 or 5 times before I actually got a red.

I find it almost impossible to determine the difference between blue and purple, and green and brown.

Yep, colorblindness is kinda weird, but not too fucked up unless you're blind to every goddamn color there is.

I dont "notice" it at all, since ive lived with it all my life, I've never seen any different. Its not like I could see normal then one day I went colorblind.

ANYWAYS, this post is too long, half the people who see it probably wont read it. Probably some grammar/spelling mistakes too.

Enjoy :D

Aury
My hair is a deadly weapon
posted 01-29-2003 03:43:07 AM
i like the little jingle at the very end. it made me chortle.
BeauChan
Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
posted 01-29-2003 12:14:21 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

edit: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH stupid subliminal messages one ddamnit ... ahameamndblg;anfkasbf///

[ 01-29-2003: Message edited by: ~*~Beaukat~*~ ]

Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: