EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Let's all share!
Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 01-26-2003 12:10:10 AM
How did you find EverCrest, and what happened between when you found it and when you registered?

I found EC on flameplay, I think, and read all the comics in a day. Getting bored, I clicked on the forum link and giggled at the url (ihatelinux)... but it kept going on and on, so I gave up and went elsewhere.

I kept reading the comics everyday. Then, I eventually clicked on the forums link again. This time I walked away from my computer to do something, and came back and found the forums. I read a few threads and then registered. Promptly making an ass out of myself and being shamed, I began my long process of becoming a better person.

Your turn, dagnabit!

Oh shi...
what
posted 01-26-2003 12:11:30 AM
comic --> Forums
Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 01-26-2003 12:11:42 AM
My psychiatrist says I shouldn't talk about it.
Pesco
Is a copyright of Peachis. Don't underestimate his pants, either.
posted 01-26-2003 12:11:55 AM
Stumbled upon it when it was on Stractics. Didnt register for a long time though. I actually forgot the reason I did
Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 01-26-2003 12:12:05 AM
A friend aimed me at /GU comics. Once there, I decided to find out just what an internet forum was like, and clicked on the forum link. Later, I decided to check out the main forum that /GU was part of.
I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Matilda Jane
ph33r my MIRVs
posted 01-26-2003 12:12:59 AM
It was associated somewhat with EverQuest. So, I looked into it.
There was a signature here... it's gone now.
Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 01-26-2003 12:13:21 AM
quote:
Veruca Salt wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
My psychiatrist says I shouldn't talk about it.

Sure thing, z.o.e.y., or should I say... the-

Ruvie's Alt
Haven't you always wanted a monkey?
posted 01-26-2003 12:13:26 AM
I just kinda... Found it. I dunno.

Bad long-term memory, I guess.

Agent A
Underpowered on Purpose
posted 01-26-2003 12:13:35 AM
Kloie spent the night at my house one night, and we got really bored the next day and she was all "omgz I know this REALLY!@#~!# cool site!" so I kept comming back out of pure bordom. h8 Oklahoma.
"How do you all feel about beastiality with taxidermy? It seems like most people aren't very down with it, in fact, alot of people are only medium down with it. But if you only get to second base, where's the harm, right?"
- Melora Creager
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 01-26-2003 12:14:40 AM
I stumbled upon it, I don't remember how or why. I read all the comics in one day, came to the board, and was promptly called "Buckethead" because my sigpic was my EQ character.. a human in a bronze helm. This was back when bronze was uber.

It stuck.

I mean the name, not the helm.

Razor
posted 01-26-2003 12:14:46 AM
I was pointed here by ArchAngel and Gork. Took me a few weeks before I joined in.
Astronomy is a passion...
Engineering is a love...
My job isn't a job, it's my career, and I love every minute of it: Observatory Superintendent
Pvednes
Lynched
posted 01-26-2003 12:15:11 AM
Fred Chook showed me the comic when he found it, and I read it and lurked on the forums for a while, then signed up.
Suddar
posted 01-26-2003 12:15:12 AM
I got into the comic around the GeoCities era, i.e. when it was first started. I think I found the link on some EQ news site somewhere, but I don't remember which. It was green.

I didn't check the forums for years, though. Never looked until they got their own domain...sometime soon after Stratics.

Arrenn Lightblade
Yes. Yes he is.
posted 01-26-2003 12:15:57 AM
I found it through some EQ site. Eq vault or some shit like that. anyways, I read through every comic, then signed up and began posting in the same day. The end.
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 01-26-2003 12:17:43 AM
quote:
How.... The Big Stupid.... uughhhhhh:
comic --> Forums
Evenstar
Pancake
posted 01-26-2003 12:17:52 AM
Found it when looking for EQ stuff, lost the link and forgot about then found it again 6 months later and joined.
To be born again for your sake; Blowing the past away on fluttering clouds; Letting the future ride on flowing winds; Fearlessly,unceasingly,patiently -clover
Ezvien
Owes Drysart $40
posted 01-26-2003 12:18:08 AM
I think it was a link on Everlore
*lurk*
Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 01-26-2003 12:19:05 AM
quote:
Vorbo Goatboy stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
Sure thing, z.o.e.y., or should I say... the-

And with that, Vorbo was kidnapped, never to be seen again.

In all seriousness... I got pointed to it at some point while the comic was on hiatus. I think I clicked the link on the /gu site, then went all "WTF" when the news said the comic was on vacation. I didn't even notice the link to the forums until about a month later. I click, I register, I make my very first post with a picture of Frankie in it. I posted a bit in a few other threads, then vanished for a little while. Then I came back and made a very bad reputation for myself over something that I honestly thought was hysterical at the time, simply because it got a reaction. Then Kloie came into existance, and you pretty much know the rest.

Suddar
posted 01-26-2003 12:19:06 AM
quote:
Ezvien had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
I think it was a link on Everlore

That might be where I found the link too...that or EQVault.

Willias
Pancake
posted 01-26-2003 12:19:20 AM
If I remember right, my brother was checking out some links online, and said this place had pretty funny comics. So I came here and started reading (from #1) every comic on the site, including Bard's Log (I think thats what it was called) and Kennatsu's comic.

A few months later, when Drysart finally stopped making comics, I started wondering what was going on, and checked forums, and was met by a "You must log in or register to view this forum message." Well, being the shy guy I am, I left the page, and checked back to the front page to see if a new comic was ever going to be put up again. Another few months later, I registered and started looking around, posting in some post another new guy made (and I don't think I ever saw that guy again) and officially joined EC.

The end.

Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 01-26-2003 12:20:49 AM
quote:
Veruca Salt had this to say about Captain Planet:
And with that, Vorbo was kidnapped, never to be seen again.

^_^

Like I came into EC any better?

[ 01-26-2003: Message edited by: Vorbo Goatboy ]

Azrael Heavenblade
Damn Dirty Godmoder
posted 01-26-2003 12:25:05 AM
Eh, was searching around various EQ links, when one site came up with /GU and Evercrest. Read both archives in one day. Then, since I had been warned off registering at the forums by someone at the Safehouse I think it was, I decided to cut my teeth on the /GU forums. A few months later, I felt I was ready to take on the main boards. Man was I wrong.
"The basic tool for manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them." - Philip K. Dick
Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 01-26-2003 12:26:35 AM
When Whineplay entered it's final gasps of life I came here, I'd been reading the comics before, just never saw the forums, lurked for.. three, four months, then wanted to respond to something.. and had to register, never did respond.. I don't think... may have.

Anyway, whineplays death resulted in my coming here.

[ 01-26-2003: Message edited by: Trent ]

Ferret
Poing! Poing!
posted 01-26-2003 12:30:10 AM
Migrated over when /GU kicked the bucket the first time.
Steven Steve
posted 01-26-2003 12:31:31 AM
I found it from /Gu, and I forgot where I found /Gu from.
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Maradon!
posted 01-26-2003 12:32:06 AM
I was trolling the flameplay boards, being a dick as usual, when I came across a post saying that this comic and /GU had both gone belly-up because that one site (can't remember which) pulled the plug on everything EQ related.

EverCrest came back up, I read all the comics, and hit the boards.

Super Kagrama
ROFLELFOLOL!!!11!1 YUO CAN'T RAED MY POSTSSE!@!11
posted 01-26-2003 12:32:48 AM
I think I found a link to GUComics on either Everlore of Castersrealm when I first got Everquest. I went over there, and for some reason, clicked on the EC link.
i shoueld joeg threw the foreast moer offeand!!11
Jargum
Doughnut
posted 01-26-2003 12:33:52 AM
I found the site when I clicked on a link for EQ comics, read comic on the site in about two days. I can even remember my first post. Those were the days...
Hostile Makeover
Evil as chocolate covered thistles
posted 01-26-2003 01:05:14 AM
I originally signed up so I could post on the /GU boards. Then when the comic went down, I came and lurked over here for awhile.
Drysart
Pancake
posted 01-26-2003 01:07:45 AM
quote:
Xyrra thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
I originally signed up so I could post on the /GU boards. Then when the comic went down, I came and lurked over here for awhile.

Remind me to thank Woody.

King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 01-26-2003 01:09:18 AM
I read the comics for awhile, then watched the boards for awhile, then posted for awhile and for a long time I was really polite and then I became what we have today.
Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 01-26-2003 01:09:55 AM
I was bringed here by Mort! I'm really shy when first meeting people, so I was scared away at first, but after a couple weeks I started posting...the rest...is BUNDT CAKE!
The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
Addy
posted 01-26-2003 01:10:13 AM
Geeeeeocities.
Motiak
Pancake
posted 01-26-2003 01:12:56 AM
I used to read UO comics when I played it and when I transfered over to EQ comics. I figure I probably found it linked off of some EQ fansite. Kinda stumbled into the forum after a while and lurked ever since.
go to Cicinimo's webpage www.artpad.org
"Bear with me while I speak, and after I have spoken, mock on." -Job 21:3
Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 01-26-2003 01:16:29 AM
Read the comics back when the link was still on Stratics. (To my shame, I admit that I used to not have it in favorites, I only accessed it through Stratics when I went there) and then joined the forums back when they were the OLD forums. You know, they showed every reply to every post in an outline fashion?

I remember when I roleplayed all serious with every one of my posts, and would end each post with a Inkie's Advice for the Day.

Or something like that.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Death of Rats
Pancake
posted 01-26-2003 01:53:33 AM
quote:
Razor wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
I was pointed here by ArchAngel and Gork Razor. Took me a few weeks before I joined in.
A particularly crafty sea lion is befuddling the Army Corps of Engineers, who have come to believe the 1,000-pound mammal is either from hell -- or from Harvard.
Fizodeth
an unflattering title
posted 01-26-2003 01:54:22 AM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Arrenn Lightblade said:
I found it through some EQ site. Eq vault or some shit like that. anyways, I read through every comic, then signed up and began posting in the same day. The end.
Tegadil
Queen of the Smoofs
posted 01-26-2003 02:05:08 AM
Allakhazams -> Some EQ site -> /GU -> EC-GU forums -> EC forums.

When I first got here, I was amazed by the speed of replies, and that there was a human organ called a snacktray.

Ferrel
Fippy's VP
posted 01-26-2003 02:07:53 AM
I dont know! I think I was just looking for everquest humor though.
Ferrel!
Ferrel
Fippy's VP
posted 01-26-2003 02:08:15 AM
Yay! My name is purple!
Ferrel!
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: