EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: EC Get Together Proposal
Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 01-08-2003 12:31:18 PM
I'm organizing a get together in Texas.

Anyone who thinks they would be able to come, please give me dates that would work best for you, so I can get a generalized 'best time.'

I am thinking end of May - early to mid-June. Somewhere around there. People can even come and stay a few days. I will work to provide places to stay for many people, as well as come up with things to do - keeping it organized! There will also be rides available when ya get here, or car rental information for those who wish to do that.

I'm serious about this and I'd like to see how many people would be interested.

Thanks!

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 01-08-2003 12:34:07 PM
There will be much Texas BBQ!
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 01-08-2003 12:35:11 PM
if i can get an inexpensive ticket.
Blindy
Roll for initiative, Monkey Boy!
posted 01-08-2003 12:36:21 PM
I think i would melt upon stepping foot into texas.
On a plane ride, the more it shakes,
The more I have to let go.
Ukko The Papa Bear
Pancake
posted 01-08-2003 12:39:42 PM
i would want to spwn, but befor the summer is inposable for me ... unless i end up whit large ammont of money magicly.

plus, i dont think The Wife be happy if i would not take her ... & sence i i dearly love my sex life...

maybe next year

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 01-08-2003 12:42:28 PM
Looking like Mexico is a bust, sooo

Maybe, if I can afford it (HAHAHA)

And I come, alone. -.-

rrrar

Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 01-08-2003 12:44:44 PM
I would like to, but it's doubtful that I could afford it, or even get the time off from work to go (already got a request in for March so I can go to NYC, wuwu).
Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 01-08-2003 12:51:25 PM
May is a bust for me as well. Right now I'm waiting to see if this company pulls through. If it does, I might be able to make August or some time after Rosh Hashanah (i.e. after September). If not, then timing won't be a problem, but money will be.

[ 01-08-2003: Message edited by: Ford Prefect ]

Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Synjari
Warrior Princess
Cookie Seraphim!
posted 01-08-2003 12:52:54 PM
May would be too soon for us, Baj.. we are moving in April =/
"Villiany wears many masks, none of which are more dangerous than virtue." - "Sleepy Hollow"
Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 01-08-2003 12:55:22 PM
I said END of May, EARLY JUNE. Maybe middle of June to end of June! OHO.

I'm not asking when you CANNOT make it, I'm asking when you CAN!

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 01-08-2003 12:55:27 PM
quote:
Synjari scribbled on the wall:
we are moving in April =/
Ono!
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Lenlalron Flameblaster
posted 01-08-2003 12:56:47 PM
I don't want to meet any of you. :-(
Grammar is your enemy! - While being able to understand someone's sentences might seem like a good idea for a proper essay, complaining on a forum scarcely leaves time for such trivialities. Write fast! You're angry, grrr! Make that show, and forget about things like capital letters, punctuation, and verbs.
Oh shi...
what
posted 01-08-2003 01:38:37 PM
pfft. Texas. Who the hell wants to visit that polluted death hole.

oho

Blindy
Roll for initiative, Monkey Boy!
posted 01-08-2003 01:44:05 PM
2nd week of june is good for me. I will have classes starting third or fourth week of june, and i'm imagining that i will want to spend the first week of june with my girlfriend on account of my birthday being then.
On a plane ride, the more it shakes,
The more I have to let go.
Gydyon
Yes, I am a lawyer. No you can't sue them for that. Shut up, or I'll have your legs broken.
posted 01-08-2003 01:50:53 PM
I wil have to wait and see, I am afraid. June might work, but if my mission trip is in June it won't. So, yeah, I am as helpful as usual.
Gydyon
Evercrest Lawyer

Thinking about your posts
(and billing you for it) since 2001

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 01-08-2003 01:55:13 PM
No problem, Gyd. People who have to wait are understandable. This is mainly a post for people who complain about not having enough warning to plan or anything
Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 01-08-2003 02:13:53 PM
I'm always up for these sorts of things, especially if vast quantities of booze are involved.

Like others, however, my schedule is sorta up in the air at the moment. Depending on when things work themselves out with Elena's visa, we'd both probably like to be there, assuming the time and money issues are resolvable.

Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 01-08-2003 02:17:35 PM
Heh, if I saved up cash I could be there by the end of june.
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 01-08-2003 02:20:46 PM
Heh, wish I could.
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 01-08-2003 02:32:21 PM
Sorry, St Louis is number one on the list of Mortay's US Tour.
Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 01-08-2003 02:52:05 PM
If I have a job by then. Actually, Bajah, if you or Pesco wouldn't mind giving me a ride (maybe pick up Kloie and Amber, too?), then I could most definately come, heh.

Edit: Or Azakias! Pesco could go get Aza for this, and pick me up on the way back!

[ 01-08-2003: Message edited by: Densetsu ]

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 01-08-2003 02:54:48 PM
quote:
Baron Von Mortay enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
Sorry, St Louis is number one on the list of Mortay's US Tour.

Yeah, I like arches too.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 01-08-2003 03:09:08 PM
Next year, when I can drink without being hassled by THE MAN.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Tegadil
Queen of the Smoofs
posted 01-08-2003 03:42:05 PM
quote:
Karnaj got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
Next year, when I can drink without being hassled by THE MAN.

Bill Bradsky?

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 01-08-2003 04:14:30 PM
See if I get a job.. (HAHAHAHA) I might beable to make it...

June is good. Whenever..

Suddar
posted 01-08-2003 04:18:09 PM
If I'm in Georgia by then, maybe.

It's a lot closer than maine.

Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 01-08-2003 05:34:50 PM
Well, I have been toying with an idea of my own... Cause as some of you know, I graduate in mid-may, and that weekend after graduation, my folks are throwing a BBQ/party thing for my graduation and going away party. I was thinking some ECer's might wanna come up for it or something...

Cause, well, I go to boot camp in June, and I'm making plans on spending the interim between graduation and shipping off at Pesco's family, if I can arrange that... Azakias nudges Pesco.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
MadCat the 2nd
Pancake
posted 01-08-2003 05:52:12 PM
For me, June/July would work best; preferrably end of June.
"Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that motherfucker upside the head."

ben(at)netmastering(dot)nl

Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 01-08-2003 06:25:15 PM
quote:
Azakias was listening to Cher while typing:
Well, I have been toying with an idea of my own... Cause as some of you know, I graduate in mid-may, and that weekend after graduation, my folks are throwing a BBQ/party thing for my graduation and going away party. I was thinking some ECer's might wanna come up for it or something...

!!!!!

We = so there.

As for Bajah... that's actually semi-realistic for us. If things go right, I'll be driving by then, but I'll also have a job. Since THE [WO]MAN (... my mom...) will demand that I be employed by late March at the latest, I'd probably be able to hook myself up with a few days off or whatever by June.

Plus... I don't really think Amber's parental units are going to care too much, but for mine, I am either going to have to "spend a night or two at Amber's house" or get my brother to tag along or something, 'cause there's no way my mother will okay a trip to Tay-hoss with it being just Amber and I.

So... I dunno... the chances are slim. Check again after my birthday, heh.

Nicole
The hip-hop-happiest bunny in all of marshmallow woods
posted 01-08-2003 06:38:40 PM
Unless money magically appears in front of me, sorry.

I just spent
my last cent
purchasing this poverty.

Addy
posted 01-08-2003 06:45:51 PM
Give me one more year.
OtakuPenguin
Peels like a tangerine, but is juicy like an orange.
posted 01-08-2003 06:50:20 PM
Otakon...or EC get together...

Sorry Bajah =\

..:: This Is The Sound Of Settling ::..
Super Kagrama
ROFLELFOLOL!!!11!1 YUO CAN'T RAED MY POSTSSE!@!11
posted 01-08-2003 07:49:22 PM
Living in Canada sucks for these occasions.
i shoueld joeg threw the foreast moer offeand!!11
Soldar
I'll take two of anything, please. To go.
posted 01-08-2003 07:53:20 PM
Still in school at that time.
Drysart
Pancake
posted 01-08-2003 07:55:04 PM
quote:
Bajah had this to say about Pirotess:
I'm serious about this and I'd like to see how many people would be interested.

If it was mainly focused on being over a weekend, and I could find a cheap ticket, I might be game.

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 01-08-2003 07:56:52 PM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Drysart said this:
If it was mainly focused on being over a weekend, and I could find a cheap ticket, I might be game.

It would DEFINITELY be focused on a weekend-type deal, yes.

Addy
posted 01-08-2003 08:00:35 PM
quote:
Bajah stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
It would DEFINITELY be focused on a weekend-type deal, yes.

Psst, Bajah, wanna pay for my airfare?

And maybe convince my parents that you guys aren't all out to kill me?

Mightion Defensor
posted 01-08-2003 08:02:05 PM
I'd love to Bajah, but if I had to save money for one plane ticket....
Zaza
I don't give a damn.
posted 01-08-2003 08:02:23 PM
quote:
Adrecia Tru'Ril wrote this stupid crap:
Psst, Bajah, wanna pay for my airfare?

And maybe convince my parents that you guys aren't all out to kill me?

The first might be feasible.

The second doesn't have a snowball in hell's chance.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 01-08-2003 08:09:10 PM
quote:
This one time, at Super Kagrama camp:
Living in Canada sucks for these occasions.

We should all get together in Buffalo or something sometime

I'd go.

I still want to get together in Chicago sometime, too.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: