EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: The first day of classes wasn't so bad, but I returned home with PHAT LEWTZ
Lashanna
noob
posted 01-07-2003 05:04:02 PM

[ 01-07-2003: Message edited by: Lashanna ]

Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
Il Buono
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend.
posted 01-07-2003 05:08:24 PM
Addict.
"Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig."
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 01-07-2003 05:10:34 PM
Omg its out? !!!!

<runs to the bookstore>

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 01-07-2003 05:10:41 PM
WHEN THE HELL DID THAT COME OUT!

Ok leaving work early to go get that.
Son of a bitch.!

"Pacifism is a privilege of the protected"
Abbikat
Tastes best with pudding
posted 01-07-2003 05:13:24 PM
*starts making frantic phone calls to all her local bookstores*

GIMMEGIMMEGIMMEGIMMEGIMMEGIMMEGIMMEGIMME

Were-Tigress Disciple of Lycanthropy
Perma-lowbie, addicted to MMORPGs
My LiveJournal

Ryuujin
posted 01-07-2003 05:14:35 PM
What's that book series about?
Lashanna
noob
posted 01-07-2003 05:18:17 PM
It came out today, I had mine preordered, so it was 30% off, and what was left, was covered by handy dandy Borders Gift Certificates.

And Ryuujin, it's a fantasy series, what do you think it's about?

It's about swordsmen and Magic the One Power and non-literal Dragons.

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 01-07-2003 06:29:45 PM
Mine shipped today, will be here in 5-9 days.
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 01-07-2003 06:40:17 PM
Speaking of classes, mine suck. My first one is eight-in-the-fucking-AM. Not to mention on my way to said class this morning I slipped on some frosty pavement and fell directly on my knee.

Still, it's nice to be at that school when there are actually people there. Plenty of people to beat soundly at Tekken Tag and Virtual On.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Malbi
posted 01-07-2003 06:41:24 PM
umm Lashanna I saw that book at Borders on New year's eve
cant afford it right now or I would have bought it
I Didnt ask to be Secretary of Balloon Doggies, the Balloon Doggies demanded it!
Beta Tested
Pancake
posted 01-07-2003 06:43:06 PM
quote:
JooJooFlop Model 2000 was programmed to say:
Speaking of classes, mine suck. My first one is eight-in-the-fucking-AM. Not to mention on my way to said class this morning I slipped on some frosty pavement and fell directly on my knee.

Still, it's nice to be at that school when there are actually people there. Plenty of people to beat soundly at Tekken Tag and Virtual On.

Quit your bitching. My highschool starts at 7:20 AM, the sun isnt even fucking up that early . And I have geometry first hour

What's this thing do?
That would be sooo cool if it wasn't going to hurt us.
Melphina's Magelo
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 01-07-2003 06:49:43 PM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Beta Tested:
Quit your bitching. My highschool starts at 7:20 AM, the sun isnt even fucking up that early . And I have geometry first hour

Mine started at 7:35. But the point is I had nothing but night classes last quarter thus I was able to sleep in for as long as I wanted every single morning.

That, my friends, was heaven.

Oh well, at least I can get food in the cafeteria now that's actually fresh as opposed to having been sitting out all day. You can get two eggs, hash browns, bacon or sausage and toast for $3.50. That ain't half bad given how overpriced most stuff in there is, even if the scrambled eggs look like yellow plasic diarrhea.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Radience
Pancake
posted 01-07-2003 07:21:04 PM
quote:
How.... Malbi.... uughhhhhh:
umm Lashanna I saw that book at Borders on New year's eve
cant afford it right now or I would have bought it

Interesting.. TOR shipped the book for sale starting today. Every bookstore I've seen has had posters up for the last month saying "January 7th." Are you certain you aren't confused and just remembering those posters, flyers, promotional materials instead? If not, where is this bookstore that gets things a week early, for I should like to visit it.

Super Kagrama
ROFLELFOLOL!!!11!1 YUO CAN'T RAED MY POSTSSE!@!11
posted 01-07-2003 07:34:49 PM
Math tutorial was cancelled today, and I got to go for a nature walk.

So today was a pretty good day, by my reckoning. The only thing that was bad was when I found out they had taken down the log near the riverside that I loved to stretch out in the sun on for hours.

i shoueld joeg threw the foreast moer offeand!!11
Lashanna
noob
posted 01-07-2003 07:54:51 PM
quote:
Radience said this about your mom:
Interesting.. TOR shipped the book for sale starting today. Every bookstore I've seen has had posters up for the last month saying "January 7th." Are you certain you aren't confused and just remembering those posters, flyers, promotional materials instead? If not, where is this bookstore that gets things a week early, for I should like to visit it.

He could've also seen Winter's Heart, Hardback, which could be confused, easily.

But seriously, I know today was TOR's publish date... Many a WoT fanatic has scrawled "January 7th..." across hard surfaces with sharp knives.

Y.O.T.C
No longer a Towel Girl
posted 01-07-2003 08:01:04 PM
I would point out that i start at 7am and have to get on the school bus at like 6:10am, which means I get up at 5, but you would just find something else to bitch about.
Cap'n Elethi
I'm too sexy for my shirt, too sexy for my shirt...
posted 01-07-2003 08:20:31 PM
Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy...

Number 13 on hold

At least we have 8 copies at my library.

I hope it's as good as the last one.

Make sure to let us know, Lash

Elethi Rian, A Man Of Many Talents
Mr. Crabs
Pancake
posted 01-07-2003 08:33:26 PM
Just got mine today and I'm already up to page 62!
There's a King on a throne with his eyes torn out.
There's a Blind Man looking for a shadow of doubt.
There's a Rich Man sleeping on a golden bed.
There's a Skeleton choking on a crust of bread.
Malbi
posted 01-08-2003 12:51:07 AM
no it was definately Crossroads they had it at Borders. They could have accidentally put it on the shelves before release date as it was likely in the storeroom for a few days already. That would be bad because there are hefty fines for selling books prior to the release date
I Didnt ask to be Secretary of Balloon Doggies, the Balloon Doggies demanded it!
King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 01-08-2003 01:08:10 AM
It's possible that they could've released it before the initial date, but to do so would go against the Publisher's Release Date.

Any bookstore that goes against that agreement and releases the book before the Publisher gives the go-ahead risks getting on the publisher's bad side, and thus can be removed from consideration for all future releases.

So, odds are Malbi was having a hallucination and/or lying to try and impress chicks. Shoot him.

Malbi
posted 01-08-2003 01:10:12 AM
bookstores have employees and employees are fallible
OtakuPenguin
Peels like a tangerine, but is juicy like an orange.
posted 01-08-2003 01:10:49 AM
Lash, is that a fan work of the White Queen in your sigpic?
..:: This Is The Sound Of Settling ::..
King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 01-08-2003 01:16:06 AM
quote:
Malbi probably says this to all the girls:
bookstores have employees and employees are fallible

We're onto something now.

How long did you see it, kid? Forty minutes? Half an hour?

It wouldn't have been on the shelf for more than ten minutes before some manager yanking it.

I still smell a rat in cod's clothing. Time to come clean, perp.

Malbi
posted 01-08-2003 01:17:13 AM
I saw it, picked it up, and looked at the price and decided to get some pratchett novels. think what you want I do not care
King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 01-08-2003 01:19:34 AM
quote:
Malbi had this to say about Optimus Prime:
I saw it, picked it up, and looked at the price and decided to get some pratchett novels. think what you want I do not care

An admission of guilt.

We have witnesses, buddy, that put you at Crossroads at the time of the murder with Ms. Parker. Now you're gonna sit here and lie to me?

You know...you've struck out with every girl here...but I bet you're gonna get reeeeeeal lucky in prison, boy. Now, why don't we hear the truth?

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 01-08-2003 01:21:15 AM
Heh, I didn't have it on preorder and was still 30% off at Barnes and Nobles ^.^
Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Trollwannabe
Pancake
posted 01-08-2003 01:49:17 AM

Cover art for the copy released in Australia (February third BAH), I like it better than the US artwork. ^^

Lashanna
noob
posted 01-08-2003 05:27:33 AM
quote:
OtakuPenguin stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:
Lash, is that a fan work of the White Queen in your sigpic?

I hadn't thought of that, I couldn't figure out who it was... But now that you mention it, it does sort of look like a younger Emma Frost...
Emma Frost r leet. Now-a-days, She's like Professor X. Only cynical. And with boobs.

[ 01-08-2003: Message edited by: Lashanna ]

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 01-08-2003 12:24:32 PM
quote:
Lashanna had this to say about John Romero:
Emma Frost r leet. Now-a-days, She's like Professor X. Only cynical. And with boobs.

Not to mention, hair.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Lashanna
noob
posted 01-08-2003 05:15:02 PM
quote:
This one time, at Palador ChibiDragon camp:
Not to mention, hair.

And a functioning lower body.

The prologue is 85 pages long, but fortunately, I happen to find this prologue a lot more interesting than the other prologues...
Not out of the Prologue yet, as I've only been reading inbetween classes (I generally find it hard to read at home, because I have other things I can be doing easily, like posting here).

So far though, no mention of the Huge Potential Spoiler events at the end of Winter's Heart.

[ 01-08-2003: Message edited by: Lashanna ]

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: