EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: I'd like a head count, Star Wars style
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-31-2002 06:29:28 AM
Raise your hand if you're going to play Star Wars: Galaxies.

Raise your blaster if you want to join my guild. It's role-play biased, by the way. There'll be RP events, and I need an event organiser.. *wink wink nudge nudge*.

I just need a head count for membership and space reasons. I may bump this later when more of the Americans are awake, if I need to.

Lord Avatar
Pancake
posted 12-31-2002 06:30:17 AM
Lord Avatar raises his blaster.

Nwist, Who?
Nwist
posted 12-31-2002 06:31:57 AM
quote:
Lord Avatar had this to say about Captain Planet:
Lord Avatar raises his blaster.

I don't know if that's the look you were going for, but your sigpic looks like Butthead.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 12-31-2002 06:37:44 AM
<Lord Avatar> huh-huh-huh...we're turning to the Dark Thide...

and for the record, I'll be playing SW:G, but to be honest I'm going to stay away from guild-type situations for a while. Not that I don't like you or anything, Mort...just kind of burnt out on the idea of having to rely on uber-guilds or something to get by. Want to go solo for a while. But feel free to give me a yell if you need anything. RP players are always fun to work with.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Lord Avatar
Pancake
posted 12-31-2002 06:43:00 AM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Just Nwist!

I don't know if that's the look you were going for, but your sigpic looks like Butthead.

Changed to unfinished Ukko art.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-31-2002 07:07:51 AM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael attempted to be funny by writing:
Want to go solo for a while. But feel free to give me a yell if you need anything.

If I'm having problems finding enough members for guild formation, will you help out?

That goes for any others wanting to play SWG but not wanting to be guilded. Once we find someone to take your "spot", you are free to unguild.

leckzilla!
Squeak!
posted 12-31-2002 07:13:55 AM
quote:
Just Nwist had this to say about Matthew Broderick:

huhhuhuhu... that's cool Beavis.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 12-31-2002 07:17:31 AM
quote:
Baron Von Mortay had this to say about the Spice Girls:
If I'm having problems finding enough members for guild formation, will you help out?

That goes for any others wanting to play SWG but not wanting to be guilded. Once we find someone to take your "spot", you are free to unguild.

Of course, Mort. I'll help out however I can. My grievance with the guild mentality is that there's always this constant pressure with my EQ guild to be in. To be raiding. To group and constantly pound out stuff. My evenings are my own, and I know eventually I'll probably guild up, but for a while I'd like to fly solo.

If you need help in getting the numbers up to form your guild, I'm there. I can't speak for Lyinar with any certainty, but I assume she'll help you out too.

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty

Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 12-31-2002 08:23:17 AM
Ill join ya morty, I was trying to get an EC guild started a week or so ago, so whenever the games released im in.

Thinking about going for droid/weapons construction

(Insert Funny Phrase Here)
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 12-31-2002 08:33:51 AM
I haven't decided on the exact route just yet, but I want to head towards eventually getting into being a Bounty Hunter.

Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 12-31-2002 08:37:41 AM
Becoming a bounty hunter is like becoming a jedi only esier right?

Meaning you have todo a quest of some sort to become one?

Jargum
Doughnut
posted 12-31-2002 08:52:11 AM
raises his hand
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 12-31-2002 08:54:35 AM
Something like that, yeah. Way I gather how things work, every basic "class" has skills, and getting the right skills in the right combination at the right levels allows you to access new "trees" of skills. For instance, medic-types will be able to access doctor skills, weapons and engineering types will be able to access higher-complexity designs, etc.

Learning certain skill branches (like the Jedi ones and the Bounty Hunter ones) will require you to build up the prerequisite skills, then apparently "quest" or seek out some source to initiate you into the bounty hunter "class".

The impression I got was that being a Bounty Hunter would be relatively easier than however they're working the Jedi, but they don't want fifty million Boba Fett wannabes wandering around (they already said Mandalorian-style armor would be in the game, but it'll be exceedingly rare...plus the fact is that the Fett armor wasn't really that great; just immensely personalized) so it'll be difficult enough to keep the numbers down.

I mostly wanted to get into the Bounty Hunter biz because I like how they're handling it and faction in the game.

Niklas
hay guys whats going on in this title?
posted 12-31-2002 08:55:46 AM
If/when I get SW:G, sure.
Elvish Crack Piper
posted 12-31-2002 08:59:06 AM
Actually Deth, what it was is that Mandalorian Battle Armor wasnt that great, but Fett customized it and made it the super piece of armor that it became.

You think it comes with all the stuff he stuck in it? 360 degree motion tracks, flamethrowers, dart launchers(poison tipped), predator style vision masks. Some of those are probably standard, but he did make a massive amount of improvements.

Whats the SW:G site again? I need to check up on that again.

Quick question, will it be possible to go through the game without combat, can I be a droid designer and be able to make enouph credit off that to advance my skills without hunting

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 12-31-2002 09:17:39 AM
That's what I meant, ECP. Mandalorian armor is good for a distinctive look, but it was wildly modified. Even from Jango to Boba, the armaments were different. They just had distinctive helmets. Everyone wants to be a badass.

Frankly I think they're interesting, but the Fett bounty hunters are like Drizzt in D&D; overdone to death.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 12-31-2002 09:20:33 AM
As for the question about tradeskills, I have no idea. There's no "Levels" per se, far as I know. Your ability is entirely pressed by how good you are at skills, access to advanced classes is determined by your skills, etc. So in theory if you have the money, and some way to get your hands on the more advanced design schemas, you should be able to.

Elvish Crack Piper
posted 12-31-2002 09:21:49 AM
I guess I was lucky to have the laygroup I play a drow ranger in didnt read Forgotten REalms books

I'll probably end up making mandalorian battle armor eventualy, and if its not one of the top-of-the-line player made items, then I cant wait to find out all the stuff I could stick in armor. Without the ability to use magic, player made armor with massive amounts of gadgets installed is going to be king

edit: I thought you had to make all the advanced designs yourself. One thing that drew me to this is that if you make a scematic, you can sell it and get recognition for "your" blaster variant or something like that

[ 12-31-2002: Message edited by: Elvish Crack Piper ]

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 12-31-2002 11:35:28 AM
*Raises his fake lightsaber*

I will play, but I most probably cannot join your guild Mort.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Naota Nandaba
Don't ask me about any goddamned bannings!
posted 12-31-2002 12:40:59 PM
quote:
Niklas attempted to be funny by writing:
If/when I get SW:G, sure.
Nothing amazing happens here.
Only the ordinary.
Niklas
posted 12-31-2002 01:21:40 PM
By the way, going to try for big-evil-Sith, Mort?
OtakuPenguin
Peels like a tangerine, but is juicy like an orange.
posted 12-31-2002 01:34:15 PM
I'm gonna be a Smuggler so I can be a contact and an asset...for the right price.
..:: This Is The Sound Of Settling ::..
Arrenn Lightblade
Yes. Yes he is.
posted 12-31-2002 01:39:11 PM
Still haven't decided what I'll be, other than I plan on being a Twi'lek. Count me in, Mort, though I don't know when I'll be able to pick up a copy.
Lashanna
noob
posted 12-31-2002 01:46:23 PM
*steals Avatar's blaster for a moment and raises it before returning it*
Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
Niklas
posted 12-31-2002 01:58:09 PM
I just had a closer look at the site (haven;t looked at it in ages) and I might have to assassinate someone to get the beta disc ¬_¬ Damn it sounds good!
Mightion Defensor
posted 12-31-2002 02:04:41 PM
* holds up his droid-making spanner

I hope game cards are released at the same time... I may go with game cards for any other games... I'd rather not have any more monthly charges to keep track of...

very important poster
a sweet title
posted 12-31-2002 02:11:47 PM
SWG sounds like a mix of all the good things in the MMORPGs I like.

I will definitely be playing this. Unfortunately, I don't believe in roleplaying when only the minority (<1%) will do so, so I won't be joining the guild :\

*raises his hand*

Edit: Majority is not minority.

[ 12-31-2002: Message edited by: »Giantt« ]

hey
Ferret
Poing! Poing!
posted 12-31-2002 02:18:17 PM
Holds up his blaster.

Rebel scum.

Ozimander
$$$$$$$$$$$
posted 12-31-2002 02:23:58 PM
Holds up his blaster

Have any info on your guild, Mort? Mayhaps a website or what not? And that event organizer role seems interesting.

Ozius

[ 12-31-2002: Message edited by: Ozimander ]

Lord Avatar
Pancake
posted 12-31-2002 02:26:32 PM
Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 12-31-2002 02:28:58 PM
If I end up playing I will for sure join the syndicate, Mortykins!
Skaw
posted 12-31-2002 02:30:25 PM
I wish I could tell you how class tree worked.

Teehee, NDA

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-31-2002 02:30:28 PM
quote:
ACES! Another post by »Giantt«:
Unfortunately, I don't believe in roleplaying when only the minority (<1%) will do so, so I won't be joining the guild :\

Roleplaying is not enforced, only encouraged.

Lord Avatar
Pancake
posted 12-31-2002 02:33:04 PM
quote:
Niklas said:
By the way, going to try for big-evil-Sith, Mort?

No, all my skill points are going into the Politics skill tree, I'm completely non-combat. I'll only go for the Jedi (Dark or otherwise) position if I'm asked to do so by a Master.

Ferret
Poing! Poing!
posted 12-31-2002 02:34:46 PM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Lord Avatar:
No, all my skill points are going into the Politics skill tree, I'm completely non-combat. I'll only go for the Jedi (Dark or otherwise) position if I'm asked to do so by a Master.

Why kill when you can torture?

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 12-31-2002 02:41:10 PM
I shall play ^.^
Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Lashanna
noob
posted 12-31-2002 02:46:32 PM
I can't wait to be either a Politician or an Entertainer,

...On second thought... I might want... shoot people in the head with a long range rifle...
I'll have to look into what sort of options are available in that respect.

Oh, and Mort, that site is great, Love the music

[ 12-31-2002: Message edited by: Lashanna ]

Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
very important poster
a sweet title
posted 12-31-2002 03:30:01 PM
Drrrroiiiid engineeeeer.

Maybe I'll join after all, see how it goes. In-guild RPing is fine by me, but I don't like parading around RPing all the time when nobody else is

hey
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 12-31-2002 04:33:34 PM
*raises her hand*

Of course I'll help you out if you get into a jam, hon. I feel the same way on the guild issue that Deth does, though, so I wouldn't be able to be an active member in your clan. I already run my EQ guild and that's enough on my plate unfortunately.

But look me up if you need anything, or just need extra manpower or such. I'm going the combat engineer route, with any further areas to be determined once I get into the game and see how things work.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 12-31-2002 04:37:55 PM
I'll join your guild if you teach my Wookie to speak in a British accent.
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: