EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: It's amazing that a person I've never met can make me so angry
Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 12-28-2002 02:00:43 AM
No, he's not a child molestor, a rapist, or a terrorist, or anything horrific like that. He is...

Marlon Brando.

While skimming some trivia on imdb.com as I often do, I came across this gem about Brando's role in Apocalypse Now.

After being paid $1,000,000 in advance, Brando threatened to quit and keep the money. When director Francis Ford Coppola told Brando's agent he didn't care, Brando showed up... late, drunk, and overweight. Furthermore, he had read neither the script nor Heart of Darkness.

After reading Coppola's script, Brando deemed it utter garbage and again threatened to quit. After days of squabbling, the two reached a palatable compromise. An "ad-lib style" was used, and Brando's character would appear in the shadows in every scene he was in.

And from Superman:

Marlon Brando recieved $4,000,000 for his ten minutes on screen as Jor-El.

WTF

EDIT: Sucky redundancy sucks. And MY GOD, how many errors did I make?

[ 12-28-2002: Message edited by: Sentow ]

Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 12-28-2002 02:33:22 AM
But damn was he ever good in "The Godfather".
Deathbeam Warhero
Pancake
posted 12-28-2002 02:49:56 AM
I liked him in "On The Waterfront"
Death of Rats
Pancake
posted 12-28-2002 02:52:47 AM
And Marlon Brando,
Not a jew at all!
But It looks to me like he ate one!

-adam sandler

A particularly crafty sea lion is befuddling the Army Corps of Engineers, who have come to believe the 1,000-pound mammal is either from hell -- or from Harvard.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: