EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Worst Christmas present you've ever gotten?
Ferret
Poing! Poing!
posted 12-26-2002 02:46:22 AM
What is the most god awful gift you have ever received?

Mine has to be the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers board game I got from my Grandma lst year.

Suddar
posted 12-26-2002 02:48:49 AM
Mine was Christmas as a whole last year. It wasn't the presents, it was the utter lack of thought anyone put into mine. I was honestly so frustrated I was about to cry, or scream. It wasn't the presents at all. It really wasn't. And no, it wasn't all clothes. They were just thoughtless.
Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 12-26-2002 02:48:56 AM
Barney Blanket, I had asked for it earlier in the year (when I was like three or something) and decided that I suddenly hated barney.

Seems I never actually told my parents that.

nem-x
posted 12-26-2002 02:49:03 AM
Nicole
The hip-hop-happiest bunny in all of marshmallow woods
posted 12-26-2002 02:52:49 AM
Two power ranger toys and a bag of doritos wrapped in a plastic bag.

I just spent
my last cent
purchasing this poverty.

»Waisztarroz«
Pancake
posted 12-26-2002 03:01:12 AM
I've received awkward gifts, but I've yet to get anything that really offends me.

My grandma has given me some weird stuff in the past (school supplies almost every year), but I wouldn't classify that as a bad gift, just a weird one.

I <3 Steel Battalion!
Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 12-26-2002 03:06:11 AM
quote:
nem-x had this to say about the Spice Girls:
Hmm

Socks

My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Nicole
The hip-hop-happiest bunny in all of marshmallow woods
posted 12-26-2002 03:24:44 AM
Even better, what's the worst gift you've ever GIVEN?

One time I got it into my head to make everyone's gift, so I sewed up this ABSOLUTELY GODAWFUL plushie that I think was supposed to look like a slime or goo or one of those easy level 1 monsters in ever RPG ever, but just came out looking like a misshapen blue pillow. I still gave with pride.

I just spent
my last cent
purchasing this poverty.

Steven Steve
posted 12-26-2002 03:26:12 AM
The only thing kingbling got for christmas was a card

one card

"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 12-26-2002 03:48:51 AM
Worst ever gotten? ooo...let's see... analog clock in the WORST possible colors that was, in theory, battery powered. Except you couldn't change batteries, and by the time it came to me from my Mom's parents, the clock was dead.

Worst ever given? I was 7 and I heard that books on tape were cool...so I recorded myself reading the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comic out loud for my Dad.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Ferrel
Fippy's VP
posted 12-26-2002 04:12:35 AM
It wasnt to me, but it was close enough. Someone who knows how I feel about fur coats gave my mom a real one.
Ferrel!
LeMiere
posted 12-26-2002 05:18:24 AM
Last year's Christmas presents were generally all presents I had wanted from 6 or 7 years ago.. including the multicolor scribble pen. -_- (Which is basically the worst gift I've received.. no use for it.. not something I cared for.. it just seemed unreasonable.)
Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 12-26-2002 12:24:50 PM
That would have to be Christmas of 1990. Got an all expenses paid trip to Saudi Arabia. Seven months of no booze, no Playboy and no BLT sammichs.

Actually that was an early Christmas present, since I got it in August. So it was the gift that kept on giving.

Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Ruvie's Alt
Haven't you always wanted a monkey?
posted 12-26-2002 12:28:24 PM
A kick to the 'nads.
Aury
My hair is a deadly weapon
posted 12-26-2002 12:30:50 PM
In sixth grade. an XXXL jockstrap. from my parents.

the thing was friggin HYOOGE. I could fit my face in it.

Doomjudge
Pancake
posted 12-26-2002 12:48:56 PM
My Grandmother who puts absolutely no thought into what she gives us gives the worst presents. One year I got a picture frame she bought in a package of 3 for 2.99, and opened it and gave 1 to me, my brother, and my dad.
Razor
posted 12-26-2002 02:20:57 PM
worst I got, a package of shitty cologne and soaps. that was 2 years ago.

I have now consistently given candels for the past 2 years as well.

Astronomy is a passion...
Engineering is a love...
My job isn't a job, it's my career, and I love every minute of it: Observatory Superintendent
Steven Steve
posted 12-26-2002 02:28:35 PM
quote:
Ruvyen? had this to say about (_|_):
A kick to the 'nads.

I was waiting for someone to say that

"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Ryuujin
posted 12-26-2002 02:49:23 PM
Paper Napkins
Burger
BANNED!
posted 12-26-2002 06:19:28 PM
recieved: lint brush
given: dildo.
Bite me.

No, Really. Bite me.

Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 12-26-2002 06:22:40 PM
last year, my aunt gave me a bright red turtle neck with a navy blue stripe going around the... uhh.. chest area, i suppose (it was around the sleeves too)... even better.... it was a small. cause, like, ahahahaha, Monica is really a small, right?

=\

Kaglaaz How'ler
Pancake
posted 12-26-2002 06:56:43 PM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael had this to say about dark elf butts:
Worst ever given? I was 7 and I heard that books on tape were cool...so I recorded myself reading the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comic out loud for my Dad.

As a parent, I find that totally and incredibly cute! If my kid ever did that I'd grin quite proudly, I think.

http://www.bloodfin.net
Il Buono
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend.
posted 12-26-2002 07:06:19 PM
I once got a 1997 calendar.

Six days from New Years of 1998.

"Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig."
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 12-26-2002 08:01:07 PM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael wrote:

Awwwwwwwwww. That's sweet

I don't think I've ever gotten a bad present. I may have gotten clothes that weren't quite my style, but I just refrained from wearing them unless the person was around.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 12-26-2002 09:36:49 PM
An opened bar of deodarant with five bucks wrapped around it.

O_o

Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
Agent A
Underpowered on Purpose
posted 12-26-2002 10:01:51 PM
Silk underware from my great grandma...they were so uncomfortable.
"How do you all feel about beastiality with taxidermy? It seems like most people aren't very down with it, in fact, alot of people are only medium down with it. But if you only get to second base, where's the harm, right?"
- Melora Creager
KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 12-26-2002 10:18:15 PM
quote:
aurywoof had this to say about John Romero:
In sixth grade. an XXXL jockstrap. from my parents.

the thing was friggin HYOOGE. I could fit my face in it.

so.. is that when you turned?

Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Alleria Qui'farush
Chica!
posted 12-26-2002 10:24:48 PM
Probably... Last year when I got a baby pink tank top, also a pair of baggy blue jeans. >_< I wrote down specifically on what type of clothing I wanted and my mother still messes it up. Sometimes she just royally pisses me off for her stupidity.
Motiak
Pancake
posted 12-27-2002 01:09:17 AM
As a general rule of thumb every present my grandparents buy me comes from a yard sale or a garage sale, not sure why, they just do. The oddest/worst one had to be when my grandparents gave me the top of a tube of M&Ms (this was like two years ago when I was 14). I guess they thought it was an action figure or something? I still haven't really figured that one out.
go to Cicinimo's webpage www.artpad.org
"Bear with me while I speak, and after I have spoken, mock on." -Job 21:3
Azureusu
Don't whip your dick out til she asks.. or til she's sleepin..
posted 12-27-2002 01:32:41 AM
quote:
Ka'Lourin D'thBlayde had this to say about John Romero:
so.. is that when you turned?

Now, see.. I wasnt gonna go there.

Well, not after you beat me to it by three hours..

NOWTHEN!

Worst I ever got.

Izod Socks. 15 dollar a pair socks. 1 pair. Pukey shade of blue. Lets see.. a box of "Nubian Pleasures" BLACK LATEX CONDOMS! And I am a HONKY! I'm almost white enough to glow in the dark. My mother gave me those.

Worst I've ever given?

This is a tough one.

I've given a friend of mine an industrial sized jar of vaseline. I've given people a dogs chew toy (used).

But my favorite christmas memories, are the quotes. This years favorite, was my mother..

"It's not christmas until you unwrap your vibrator."

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: