EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Something I feel I need to say
OtakuPenguin
Peels like a tangerine, but is juicy like an orange.
posted 12-15-2002 04:02:58 PM
Ok, well, whenever I relate stories to people about this place, be it something someone said that was funny or whatever, I always use "Online Friend(s)" when I talk about it.

I consider most all of you good friends of me, whether online or not.

Now I would like to know this, does anyone not consider me a friend of theirs?

..:: This Is The Sound Of Settling ::..
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 12-15-2002 04:04:20 PM
I use friend very sparingly, no offense.

I would consider you an acquaintance, since I never really talk to you that much.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 12-15-2002 04:04:25 PM
I hate you

not really.

The Curman
Pancake
posted 12-15-2002 04:09:46 PM
If I ever talked to acually 1 on 1 I think I'd consider you a friend.
Il Buono
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend.
posted 12-15-2002 04:13:50 PM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael probably says this to all the girls:

I would consider you an acquaintance, since I never really talk to you that much.

Pretty much the same thing here.

"Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig."
Addy
posted 12-15-2002 04:17:33 PM
What Lyinar said.
Evil
Pancake
posted 12-15-2002 04:38:37 PM
None of you are my friends as I've never really talked with any of you.

You are more like something interesting to watch, without directly interacting

. . . like a sitcom

Matilda Jane
ph33r my MIRVs
posted 12-15-2002 04:38:38 PM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael had this to say about Duck Tales:

I echo this statement.

There was a signature here... it's gone now.
Lenlalron Flameblaster
posted 12-15-2002 04:46:19 PM
I consider you all friends, but not in a large way. I mean, I trust you, I like you, but I focus more on my real life friends.

However, I can actually identify with people more here, so I feel a special place for you is neccessary.

Grammar is your enemy! - While being able to understand someone's sentences might seem like a good idea for a proper essay, complaining on a forum scarcely leaves time for such trivialities. Write fast! You're angry, grrr! Make that show, and forget about things like capital letters, punctuation, and verbs.
Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 12-15-2002 04:50:29 PM
quote:
Zair had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
You are more like something interesting to watch, without directly interacting

...oops.

You're all friends, but semi-friends. My RL friends are fun to be with, but they're not available 24 hours a day. You guys are my back-ups. If I'm ever bored and without friends, I come here; where everybody knows my name.

*Starts the Cheers theme*

My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Suddar
posted 12-15-2002 05:21:02 PM
You're all good people. Some of you I would consider friends even though you hardly know me, but I wouldn't admit it because you hardly know me and that'd probably be weird.

[ 12-15-2002: Message edited by: Suddar ]

Burger
BANNED!
posted 12-15-2002 06:04:14 PM
well, if I were to talk 1 on 1 with anyone here on a regular basis, I would consider them online friends, as it is, I refer to this place as an online community and we are all members. It's more like a bunch of people you know from class, but don't really talk to outside of that.
Bite me.

No, Really. Bite me.

King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 12-15-2002 10:14:18 PM
I'm a well wisher, in that I don't wish you any specific harm.

Or, I'm your friend!

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 12-15-2002 10:21:17 PM
quote:
Verily, Lyinar Ka`Bael doth proclaim:

Ditto what she said.

You may have noticed that, despite living in the same city, I've made no real effort to meet you face to face. That's because I don't do well when face to face. That's kinda the same reason you will never see a picture of me posted.

If I knew someone here well enough to consider them to really be a friend, I would have a hard time replying to some of the stranger threads that get posted here (or making some of the smartass comments), because that would be just a little too close to face to face.

I would rather stay mostly anon, and keep it casual and fun.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 12-15-2002 10:34:10 PM
Lyinar put it succinctly.
The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 12-15-2002 11:05:27 PM
derf.
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 12-15-2002 11:35:14 PM
There are those that I have met in person that I consider friends. There are those that I consider close friends.

There are a few that I haven't even met in person and I consider them close friends.

It all depends on each relationship individually.

As for your question OP.. I enjoy you, and I think you are nifty, and consider you a wonderful part of this online community. However I haven't ever bonded with you on a personal level, so I don't consider you a friend in the general sense of the term.

I do understand where you are coming from, and I agree with your statement. I find myself saying "my friend from online said this yadda yadda"... So I suppose that I am guilty of doing that too.

When I look back and think about it, the people I am refering to probably wouldn't consider me a friend, just as an online acquaintance. But it is easier for me to say, "my friend said this".

Don't sweat it OP...

I think you are nifty! so who cares what you label us?

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 12-16-2002 12:28:18 AM
I think Illanae put that very well, and concur with her sentiments on the subject.
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

OtakuPenguin
Peels like a tangerine, but is juicy like an orange.
posted 12-16-2002 12:30:14 AM
..:: This Is The Sound Of Settling ::..
Skaw
posted 12-16-2002 02:36:54 AM
Friend, despite the beating your getting during Otakon
Kermitov
Pancake
posted 12-16-2002 06:08:54 AM
I use "Friend" to mean "Anyone who hasn't screwed me over or been blatantly stupid yet."
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-16-2002 06:14:35 AM
quote:
Kermitov was listening to Cher while typing:
I use "Friend" to mean "Anyone who hasn't screwed me over or been blatantly stupid yet."
leckzilla!
Squeak!
posted 12-16-2002 09:06:02 AM
I loveded you Piggy. I LOVEDED YOOOOOOUU!!

[ /gir ]

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: