EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Question.
Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 12-06-2002 08:42:02 PM
In my 4th hour today (Introduction to Business and Management) there was a question on our worksheet that was basically all, "Say there is a contest to win $50,000 where you have to name the capitals of Rhode Island, Virginia, etc etc etc (like 6 different states), but you had to pay a $15 entry fee. Well, being the geography whiz you are, you enter, send in your fee, all that jazz. You never hear from the company again. What would you do?"

I wrote that I'd throw myself down a flight of stairs for being such an idiot.

So, anyway, the question is: Do you think I'm going to spend 4th hour in the counselor's office on Monday? I'm really not sure how the teacher is going to react to my answer so I wanted to get like a second opinion or four... or maybe like, a few giggles or something... whatever works.

ALSO... Red and I are re-united:

Deathbeam Warhero
Pancake
posted 12-06-2002 08:49:11 PM
You have some uptight teachers if they can't handle a little joking around from the students. I go to a catholic school and I can only think of one teacher who wouldn't like that and she's a nun!
Skaw
posted 12-06-2002 08:51:32 PM
My teachers loved responses like that. Everyone else probably said "Sue the person who made up the false contest." So you'd have a unique answer
Mog
not really a mmembe rof tis boered
posted 12-06-2002 08:54:41 PM
llast tyear in music someone in my calss drew a zombie on a quiz next to a tomb stone with his naem on it and the teacher made him g to the guidence office, and they asked him if his dad touches him adn stuff and it took him like an hour to get out adn convince the hes fine

Regret calamities if you can thereby help the sufferer; if not, attend to your own work and allready the evil begins to be repaired
- Self Rreliance
Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 12-06-2002 08:54:56 PM
Man, if they flip over THAT answer... I can't imagine what they would have done with mine in that situation
Tegadil
Queen of the Smoofs
posted 12-06-2002 08:58:33 PM
I would form the union of the red star to take over and integrate the captiolist bastards.
Monica
posted 12-06-2002 09:06:14 PM
Alriiiight! Thanks guys! ^_^
Maradon!
posted 12-06-2002 09:18:06 PM
Your answer is best.

Anyone who'd fall for such a pathetically obvious scam should indeed throw themselves down a flight of stairs.

They're probably the same retards who foreward 50,000 "Microsoft-is-tracking-this-e-mail-and-will-pay-you-six-million-dollars-to-foreward-it!!" emails.

Monica
posted 12-06-2002 09:27:35 PM
OH! I just remembered! The next question was all, "Say you want to buy a computer with audio and move with it to Alaska. You ask the guy if the computer you're eyeing has audio and he says, 'Sure, all computers do.' You get to Alaska and the audio doesn't work. What would you do?"

I wrote that I didn't make a written agreement with the guy, I should have tested it before I moved to Alaska, and I obviously did not throw myself down a long enough flight of stairs.

Still think I'm okay? I'm trying to make sure. Like double-checking and all that shit.

MorbId
Pancake
posted 12-06-2002 09:51:40 PM
Go for it.

None of the things I've done have landed me in the guidance office, so far. If these do, I would say your teachers are being oversensitive and are out of touch.

If undead self-portraits are trouble, I should've been there many times over.

Freshman year, I had to do a report on the minor cults of ancient Greece. I took a fuzzy slipper, decorated it like a sheep, and filled it with red, pink, and white balloons. Then I brought it into class and cheerfully removed the "organs" and cheerfully yanked them out and threw them at my note-taking classmates to illustrate the sacrificial tendencies.

Also, last year, Vise, Waisz and I were part of a "brain trust" group in history. We were supposed to solve the problem of social security-style programs during the Great Depression. Notable suggestions:

- Burn the elderly!
- Soylent green. Sell the meat to other countries.
- Really short-term slaves.
- Wars improve the economy. Therefore, start a war and place the elderly in the front lines.
- Herd them into Florida. Treat it as an old person reserve.

The teacher said we were not the warm-hearted group you would want to have run a daycare center.

[ 12-06-2002: Message edited by: MorbId ]

Beta Tested
Pancake
posted 12-06-2002 09:52:07 PM
I'd go out and buy a PCI sound card, then go back and kick the dudes ass for saying it had audio.
What's this thing do?
That would be sooo cool if it wasn't going to hurt us.
Melphina's Magelo
Monica
posted 12-06-2002 09:56:25 PM
quote:
MorbId had this to say about pies:
If these do, I would say your teachers are being oversensitive and are out of touch.

My teacher has been teaching at my school since, like, practically before my mother was born. =\

MorbId
Pancake
posted 12-06-2002 10:00:35 PM
quote:
Veruca Salt had this to say about Knight Rider:
My teacher has been teaching at my school since, like, practically before my mother was born. =\

Well, the teacher who let me sacrifice the slipper sheep was head of the history department... he'd been there at least 30 to 35 years, but he had a sense of humor.

It's not so much age as outlook. I don't see how you could teach that long without learning to laugh or snapping completely, though.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 12-06-2002 10:20:16 PM
I one pretended I had multiple personalities for a "how to" presentation. I entitled it "How to distract your teacher from the fact that you had no clue what do do for the 'how to' project."

I got a 90.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Alaan
posted 12-06-2002 10:23:30 PM
I like my history teacher. He actually talks like Lewis Black, how will be just speaking, then put big emphasis on a word. He also has amusing ideas on all kinds of things, like sending Orkin me to hunt down Bin Laden.
Monica
posted 12-09-2002 05:38:40 PM
SHE COUNTED IT WRONG AND SAID I WAS SUPPOSED TO COMPLAIN TO THE USPS.
Led
*kaboom*
posted 12-09-2002 05:48:18 PM
Damn the man!
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 12-09-2002 07:43:52 PM
Why the hell would you complain to the Post Office? THe smart thing would be to check into the company with the Better Business Bureau, *then* look into fault in shipping.

Did your teacher get your certificate out of a Cracker Jack box or something?

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Monica
posted 12-09-2002 10:53:31 PM
probably.
Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 12-09-2002 11:01:05 PM
quote:
This one time, at Lyinar Ka`Bael camp:

My teacher last year (before I got kicked out of her class for making her cry when I used words she didn't understand (I feel horrible about it now )) had a diploma from WSU that was on her wall with tape, and it had a fish on it. A Fish.

Steven Steve
posted 12-09-2002 11:05:29 PM
That's alright, because I would have said, "Flip out, kill everyone with my hands, skin them from their mouths with my hands, and eat them raw starting from the shoulders."
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Fizodeth
an unflattering title
posted 12-10-2002 10:00:59 AM
I Applaud you Kloie!

Yesterday, Texas issued a standardized practice test, TAKS, (Texas Assessment of Knowledge and Skills or some such) and it had an essay portion.

The page that had the topic of the essay was blank other than "Write an essay on prejudice" and random things to remember while writing essays.

Seeing this oppurtunity to once again be the facetious person I so enjoy being, I wrote a paper on the prejudice that faces vicious space aliens daily.

I can't wait for my grade, or for when I get called into the office.

Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 12-10-2002 10:09:19 AM
quote:
A sleep deprived Lyinar Ka`Bael stammered:
Why the hell would you complain to the Post Office? THe smart thing would be to check into the company with the Better Business Bureau, *then* look into fault in shipping.

She sent the payment in over USPS for a service that was never rendered. Thios constitutes Mail fraud and is a Federal offense. big fines and Jail time even for something as small as 15 bucks. The BBB basicly sends them a letter that says "Bad company, go to your room without dinner"

"Pacifism is a privilege of the protected"
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: