EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: I don't know what to say.
Cetona
Pancake
posted 11-20-2002 09:35:07 PM
My school is burning down at this very moment. I've been going there all my life, and it's not just one part of it, the whole thing is.. gone
Mog
not really a mmembe rof tis boered
posted 11-20-2002 09:39:37 PM
=( that really sucks, good thing your ok, do they know how the fire started yet?

Regret calamities if you can thereby help the sufferer; if not, attend to your own work and allready the evil begins to be repaired
- Self Rreliance
Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 11-20-2002 09:41:03 PM
Dude, I know it may mean alot to you, but shit, to me that means I get a day off or something.

I personally don't care about the structure that is my highschool.

Cetona
Pancake
posted 11-20-2002 09:42:42 PM
They were having a church service, and the two reports I've gotten were that it either started in the Boys locker room or the high school computer lab, but they don't know how.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 11-20-2002 09:43:22 PM
Wow, that's not cool. Do they have any preliminary guesses as to what caused it?
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

»Waisztarroz«
Pancake
posted 11-20-2002 09:46:40 PM
My school would demand the fire cease immediately, then threaten legal action.

Later it would be discovered that the fire is a history teacher who likes to molest female students.

I <3 Steel Battalion!
Cetona
Pancake
posted 11-20-2002 09:51:26 PM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Karnaj said this:
Wow, that's not cool. Do they have any preliminary guesses as to what caused it?

Nope.

Does anyone know what typically happens in a situation like this? As in, will I have to go to a different school, or what?

Dr Cysa
Angsty Mcangst
posted 11-20-2002 09:52:11 PM
quote:
»Waisztarroz« stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
My school would demand the fire cease immediately, then threaten legal action.

Later it would be discovered that the fire is a history teacher who likes to molest female students.

You forgot the part about attempting to suspend the fire for destructive conduct. They usually do that right before legal action.

I don't discriminate...I hate everyone.
Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 11-20-2002 09:56:12 PM
Back when I was in school, if that had happened to my school, I would have cheered.
The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 11-20-2002 09:56:55 PM
quote:
Cetona impressed everyone with:
Nope.

Does anyone know what typically happens in a situation like this? As in, will I have to go to a different school, or what?

Do you go to a private school? If so, I'd guess you have to go to a different private school, or mayhap the nearest public school. Either way, I'm sure something will be sorted out quickly.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Dr Cysa
Angsty Mcangst
posted 11-20-2002 09:58:47 PM
Right now, pray that the school used some sort of out of school server that stored all the grades for students.

You do NOT want to have to repeat everything you have done.

I don't discriminate...I hate everyone.
Mog
not really a mmembe rof tis boered
posted 11-20-2002 10:00:43 PM
quote:
Cetona had this to say about pies:
Nope.

just keep going to school and stare at the ashes for 6 hours a day

that way this fire thingy wont hurt your atemdamce =p

Regret calamities if you can thereby help the sufferer; if not, attend to your own work and allready the evil begins to be repaired
- Self Rreliance
Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 11-20-2002 10:00:56 PM
That would suck.

For some people.

That'd give me a chance to pass in some more work = higher grades.

Im a huge slacker. That should be a course. Slacking off.

Cetona
Pancake
posted 11-20-2002 10:01:44 PM
They used this for all the grades. Just started using it this year too. And yes, I do go to a private school.
»Waisztarroz«
Pancake
posted 11-20-2002 10:07:16 PM
quote:
Verily, Praetor Liam doth proclaim:
That would suck.

For some people.

That'd give me a chance to pass in some more work = higher grades.

Im a huge slacker. That should be a course. Slacking off.

They'll make that a course...some day.

I <3 Steel Battalion!
Razor
posted 11-20-2002 10:10:11 PM
About 4 years ago, The Drama Dept. Went up in Flames. Never found who did it, but MJ was found there.

The school's nickname was Pot Loma.

Astronomy is a passion...
Engineering is a love...
My job isn't a job, it's my career, and I love every minute of it: Observatory Superintendent
Super Kagrama
ROFLELFOLOL!!!11!1 YUO CAN'T RAED MY POSTSSE!@!11
posted 11-20-2002 10:19:05 PM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Cetona:
They were having a church service

Any sort of ceremonial candles that were lit during the church service?

i shoueld joeg threw the foreast moer offeand!!11
Cetona
Pancake
posted 11-20-2002 10:21:45 PM
Just found out a little more. Apparently it was some electric problem above the locker room.
Aury
My hair is a deadly weapon
posted 11-20-2002 10:22:15 PM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Nekralt Avaane!
Right now, pray that the school used some sort of out of school server that stored all the grades for students.

You do NOT want to have to repeat everything you have done.

back when i went to school, they issued gradebooks to the teachers.

gone are those days, i guess.

[ 11-20-2002: Message edited by: aurywoof ]

Cetona
Pancake
posted 11-20-2002 10:25:11 PM
They record our grades in gradebooks, then go home and log onto that site and input everything into there. It's basically just a way to show everyones parents our grades and homework for every class, whenever they want to see it.
Aury
My hair is a deadly weapon
posted 11-20-2002 10:36:38 PM
quote:
Cetona had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
They record our grades in gradebooks, then go home and log onto that site and input everything into there. It's basically just a way to show everyones parents our grades and homework for every class, whenever they want to see it.

OH! Ok, that makes more sense, then.

Naota Nandaba
Don't ask me about any goddamned bannings!
posted 11-20-2002 10:42:04 PM
Your entire private school was one building?

I'm not trying to insult you or your former place of learning in saying this, but I've never heard of a private school that uses the same builing for athletics as they do academics.

Heh...

Edit:
Example... =/

[ 11-20-2002: Message edited by: Kegwen 2.0 ]

Nothing amazing happens here.
Only the ordinary.
Cetona
Pancake
posted 11-20-2002 10:53:33 PM
Yep, everything is in the same building except for one that we just use for storage/weight room/bus parking, and one modular (or whatever those things are called), that has the 1st-5th grade classes, but that was fairly close to the school so I'm not sure if that caught on fire too. The school originally started out rather small, and they just added things directly onto the school, and now it is preschool through 12th grade.
Tareshinal
Pancake
posted 11-20-2002 10:54:33 PM
I wish my school would go in flames within the next few weeks... we have term testing, semester testing, gateways, and mid year tests... that and I have like so many tests in between that its not funny. I mean what do they try to do, kill the ninth graders so that they cant make it to 10th grade.
Maradon!
posted 11-20-2002 11:08:06 PM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Razor said:
Never found who did it, but MJ was found there.

They found Micheal Jackson when your drama club caught fire?

Jesus! Dangling kids out of windows, setting drama clubs on fire, this guy's unbelievable.

Za’afiel
Coolest Hamster Pimp Ever!
posted 11-20-2002 11:23:18 PM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Kegwen 2.0 said:
Your entire private school was one building?

I'm not trying to insult you or your former place of learning in saying this, but I've never heard of a private school that uses the same builing for athletics as they do academics.

Heh...

Edit:
Example... =/

my school has no gym.

then again its only for required classes

"Consistancy is the hobgoblin of little minds."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Naimah
In a Fire
posted 11-20-2002 11:30:06 PM
quote:
Cetona's fortune cookie read:
They were having a church service...

BTW, this is not a blessing in disguise.

Kinanik
Upset about being titless
posted 11-21-2002 02:48:41 AM
My school consists of about 10 trailers.
Gully Foyle is my name
And Terra is my nation
Deep space is my dwelling place
The stars my destination
Cetona
Pancake
posted 11-21-2002 05:56:20 PM
If anyone cares, here's a news story and pictures about it. School starts back up on Dec. 2nd and Christmas break starts soon after that, so basically I only have a couple weeks of school in the next 2 months.
»Waisztarroz«
Pancake
posted 11-21-2002 06:01:54 PM
quote:
Nobody really understood why NiteShadow wrote:
I wish my school would go in flames within the next few weeks... we have term testing, semester testing, gateways, and mid year tests... that and I have like so many tests in between that its not funny. I mean what do they try to do, kill the ninth graders so that they cant make it to 10th grade.

Oh yeah, put your problems off now so you can deal with them later.

That's an awesome idea.

I <3 Steel Battalion!
Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 11-21-2002 06:07:52 PM
quote:
Zephyer had this to say about Robocop:
Back when I was in school, if that had happened to my school, I would have cheered.
MadCat the 2nd
Pancake
posted 11-21-2002 06:08:10 PM
Funny, a university here in the Netherlands just lost it's entire NOC to a fire as well - sucks dick because their NOC was home to the 2nd fastest network in the world, they had fiber optic around the entire campus, and it routed about 20% of all European university network traffic.

Major bummer too since about 10 million dollars in equipment got torched. The entire university and some local highschools are without network right now, the entire campus is without network, and all the CS students are basically not able to study right now until they get it fixed (which will take upwards of 3 months).

"Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that motherfucker upside the head."

ben(at)netmastering(dot)nl

Alleria Qui'farush
Chica!
posted 11-21-2002 06:21:27 PM
That really bites, but I would have been the happiest bitch in the world if my school burnt down! I hate my high school... Actually I only hate the nuns who run it.
Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 11-21-2002 06:23:14 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Alleria Qui'farush wrote:
That really bites, but I would have been the happiest bitch in the world if my school burnt down! I hate my high school... Actually I only hate the nuns who run it.

Dunno why, but I get the giggles whenever someone talks about nuns running a school

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: