EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Transformers fans, I have a question!
Deathbeam Warhero
Pancake
posted 11-18-2002 11:39:43 PM
When Optimus Prime transforms from a robot into a semi-truck, where does the trailer for the truck come from?

I'm doing an art project where I have to transform an object into another object in 5 steps and obviously I chose to do semi-truck Optimus into robot Optimus. I've figured out where his arms and legs go, but I have no idea where the trailer comes from. So if you could help me I'd really appreciate it.

Mog
not really a mmembe rof tis boered
posted 11-18-2002 11:43:13 PM
The trailer disconects and is left behind, and has alot of stuff inside like a small jeep thingy and automated guns and stuff

And i know yous aid you know it, btu jsut in case, the legs fold back for the back and wheels of the semi, the head turns upside and back of the head faces out of the windsheild, his arms fold back, the top of his shoulders conecting to the exaust pipes, and the hands as the headlights

[ 11-18-2002: Message edited by: Rera ]

Regret calamities if you can thereby help the sufferer; if not, attend to your own work and allready the evil begins to be repaired
- Self Rreliance
Deathbeam Warhero
Pancake
posted 11-19-2002 09:38:00 PM
What happens to the trailer when Optimus charges into battle as a semi-truck and then transforms like in the intro to the cartoon? It looks like it either magically disappears or it crunches down into his legs.
Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 11-19-2002 09:41:27 PM
quote:
Deathbeam Warhero's fortune cookie read:
It looks like it magically disappears.
My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Alek
Not The Rapist
posted 11-19-2002 09:45:43 PM
It's only because it does magically disappear.
"Love wisdom, and she will make you great. Embrace her, and she will bring you honour. She will be your crowning glory."
-Proverbs 4:8-9
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 11-19-2002 10:01:45 PM
Depends on who you ask, and what generation Optimus you're talking about. With original Optimus, technically the trailer transforms into the aforementioned "Base" with a remote-control scout unit and an automated gun system. In the cartoon, however, it's actually more like it drops into a dimensional pocket (story and animation restraints, I gather).

In later generations, however, especially the Headmaster (or Powermaster, can't remember...ask Mightion) generations, the trailer section transforms into armor. By the time you get to "Robots in Disguise" with the fire truck, there's like three forms for Optimus; unarmored, armored, and Omega Prime (where he transforms with Ultra Magnus).

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Mightion Defensor
posted 11-19-2002 10:38:58 PM
Deth is basically correct about Optimus' trailer originally disappearing into "Subspace". The word subspace, in the ancient dialects that evolved into Swahili, translates to "No bloody idea."

Yes, Powermaster Optimus' trailer (Or Ginrai's, if you've seen the Japanese Masterforce series) combines with his cab to form a super robot.

In later cartoons, when his trailer isn't being used, it kinda just hangs around. You can see this in the first episode of Robots in Disguise, where Optimus could have wiped the fscking floor with Megatron and the Predacons if he'd just combined with his fscking trailer...

* cough... um, excuse me. I'd forgotten that "Optimus" translates in that aforementioned language into "I like getting my ass handed to me. Makes for good drama." Along with how 30 Autobots couldn't beat up less than 15 Decepticons in RiD....

Anyway... don't get me started...

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 11-19-2002 10:46:49 PM
RiD was defective.

Beast Wars, a superior number of Preds were held off by Maximals several times.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Caanis Lupus
Rub me?
posted 11-20-2002 03:59:09 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael wrote:
RiD was defective.

Beast Wars, a superior number of Preds were held off by Maximals several times.

Beast Wars was cool...

Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 11-20-2002 04:05:24 PM
When the Transformers toons became anime they began to suck conciderably.

Robots in Disguise, and the new Transformers: Armada both suck hardcore.

Beast Wars was cool till evolved into Beast Machines.

The only really good series though was the original, and of course the "Second Generation" ie, the series that came after the movie.

If they REALLY want to make a GOOD new Transformer series, just remake/update the originals. Or hell try and reassemble the original team or likeminded people at least. Beast Wars came closest to being decent. Otherwise the anime versions just bite.

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: